Question About Wheels & Spacers?

ChArMs_RT142

Ok i have an eye on some rims i like there off a Lancer 114.3 x 4

question is If the off set isnt right could i use wheel spacers?

The rims & his Offest -->Not positive on offset - think they're around 46 (my car standard is 38 offset and they don't rub)

Its for my Rona found out its not 100 x 4 :ph34r: lol its 114.3 x 4

are they <_< damn! why are they illegal?

Because they put loads onto the studs that they weren't designed for. Plus, chances are the hub-flange on the spacer is the wrong size, or doesn't exist at all, so the wheel will only be located by the stubs

Actually, wheel spacers are technically legal if your car came fitted with them as standard from the factory. Only car I know that had them standard were 930 Porsches, and apparently they've lasted just fine, so obviously they work if designed correctly. Aftermarket spacers AREN'T designed correctly however, as they have to cater for so many different cars.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JDM y0 !

if you get spacers, i repeat IF you were to, make sure they are HUBCENTRIC. i know a few guys running them on there ae86s and they say only get hubcentric. i dont run any spacers so my comment doesnt really count tho...

• 2 months later...

You can put them on your car .. but not use spacers ... but Hub rings ...

they are polycarbonate rings they do not corrode, cause rattling, or show signs of wear like metal! polycarbon is extremely durable and forms a tighter seal between the hub and the wheel. these will not melt, crack, or break over time under normal use. suitable for street and track use.

Most places will order them .. very popular in USA

I got some ANZ rims and got a set of hub rings from USA .. perfect fit if you get the right size to match rim and do not alter any safety they just keep the wheel in the centre

and perfectly legal not like spacers that change the offset and the connection between rim and hub

even people painting there hubs can throw wheel balance off

I am selling 1 set cause they don't fit my rims .. check sell section

You can put them on your car .. but not use spacers ... but Hub rings ...

they are polycarbonate rings they do not corrode, cause rattling, or show signs of wear like metal! polycarbon is extremely durable and forms a tighter seal between the hub and the wheel. these will not melt, crack, or break over time under normal use. suitable for street and track use.

Most places will order them .. very popular in USA

I got some ANZ rims and got a set of hub rings from USA .. perfect fit if you get the right size to match rim and do not alter any safety they just keep the wheel in the centre

and perfectly legal not like spacers that change the offset and the connection between rim and hub

even people painting there hubs can throw wheel balance off

I am selling 1 set cause they don't fit my rims .. check sell section

Hub rings perform an entirely different purpose to that of wheel spacers. Hub rings are designed primarily for aftermarket wheels which tend to have an oversized centre hole, to cater for all spigot designs. The vertical loads of the wheel are supposed to be transmitted through the spigot, and the hub ring ensures that the wheel sits on the hub as opposed to transmitting the loads through the wheel studs (which are there purely to transmit torque)

Wheel spacers are used to change the offset of the wheel (aka the distance between the hub mounting face and the vertical centreline of the wheel/tyre), and also to change the PCD/stud pattern of the wheel. Some of them have spigots, some don't, and most with spigots probably still need hub rings too, because they aren't designed for specific cars, just general dimensions

Another question i need to find out um is there anything known a hublica's or somthing ?? i was told it was plastic and sits where the centre hole is?? for support i think when mag wheels dont site flush .. my mags wheel centre is alittle bigger than the centre hole so i think i need some support as the stock wheels used to fit straight on and sit on the centre flush if you get what i mean? Let me know :)

I will put up a pick 2morrow of what im talking about on my car .

Another question i need to find out um is there anything known a hublica's or somthing ?? i was told it was plastic and sits where the centre hole is?? for support i think when mag wheels dont site flush .. my mags wheel centre is alittle bigger than the centre hole so i think i need some support as the stock wheels used to fit straight on and sit on the centre flush if you get what i mean? Let me know :)

I will put up a pick 2morrow of what im talking about on my car .

Yes .. Hub Rings .. thats what i am talking about .. i got mine from USA cause they know what they are talking about over there .. very commen i am selling a set i got which were wrong size .. see pic

Corolla 2001 above is 54.1mm then gotta work out rim size hole and match it

post-3712-1176474217_thumb.jpg