Shift Performance CAI with smaller Pod

Im getting my Shift Performance CAI this saturday and just wondering would it make a big differenece to me changing to a smaller K&N pod. This is the only way for it to fit on the facelift with the fog lights remaining, from what I was told by shift performance. Just worried the smaller pod will not be adequate.????????? Or is the difference so minimal it doesnt matter?

Im getting my Shift Performance CAI this saturday and just wondering would it make a big differenece to me changing to a smaller K&N pod. This is the only way for it to fit on the facelift with the fog lights remaining, from what I was told by shift performance. Just worried the smaller pod will not be adequate.????????? Or is the difference so minimal it doesnt matter?

How much would this "Shift" CAI setup cost, in comparison to the TRD CAI?

ive got the shift cai installed with the apexi pod...when they installed it they took out my foggie...but i squishd it bak in there...so if ur worried about that...u can fit the larer pods in no problems...just gotta push everything around a bit...

give us a yell if you need help installing ...

i've got the shift CAI installed with a hurricane pod, and its slightly smaller than the TRD one.

You can get an even smaller one, which is only like 6-7cm tall, and you wouldnt have any troubles or loss of power from installing that over the full sized one...

ive got the shift cai installed with the apexi pod...when they installed it they took out my foggie...but i squishd it bak in there...so if ur worried about that...u can fit the larer pods in no problems...just gotta push everything around a bit...

Ummm guys...pls answer dis! :spiteful:

All CAI's are great :D I bought my Drift Urethane pod today, $36.00 bargain!

Grima did you get into the uni course you wanted?

Hey dude thanks for the interest. Well offers come in tonight at 9pm (on the Universities Admission Center website) so I'm not totally sure yet but the entry to my course was a UAI of 89.15 last year and I got 96.30 so I'm pretty sure I've got in (but I'll confirm tonight).

Cheers,

Jared :)

EDIT: Sorry about straying off topic ppl :blush:

Edited by grima88

if you go in to the shop and mention a few names and the club then you should be able to get the cai and the pod filter for that price ...

again .. there are many syd members happy to help install .. and everyone I know who has a Shift CAI has been very happy with it .. including myself ..

also to add .. make sure you speak to Sal ..

if you go in to the shop and mention a few names and the club then you should be able to get the cai and the pod filter for that price ...

again .. there are many syd members happy to help install .. and everyone I know who has a Shift CAI has been very happy with it .. including myself ..

I know this has been argued before but is this legal in NSW??? (is the exposed pod filter deemed to be "outside the engine bay" when it is mounted near the fog light? n can u get away with it if it is a dry filter instead of an oiled one?)

I know this has been argued before but is this legal in NSW??? (is the exposed pod filter deemed to be "outside the engine bay" when it is mounted near the fog light? n can u get away with it if it is a dry filter instead of an oiled one?)

Dont know where the line is ... really not black or white ..

ive had a cop look under my bonnet and he didnt care ... but im sure others would kick a stink up about it ..

and we arent at the point where we have to get the car checked at rego time yet ..

in regards to the oiled or non oiled .. are you asking that for legal reasons too ?? or just what we are using ?

Im picking it up on saturday, cost me $350 for CAI and K&N pod. Bargain and peace of mind buying locally, I just said I know people from toyotaownersclub bought it for $300. Plus i got the pod for $50.

Cant wait to install it, hope it isnt to hard. Or maybe ill just pay them to install it, alot quicker :P

Im picking it up on saturday, cost me $350 for CAI and K&N pod. Bargain and peace of mind buying locally, I just said I know people from toyotaownersclub bought it for $300. Plus i got the pod for $50.

Cant wait to install it, hope it isnt to hard. Or maybe ill just pay them to install it, alot quicker :P

dude ... where do you live ...

dont pay them for install ... they will just install it in the carpark ...

its easy ... and as I said there are plenty of us to help you out ...

Dont know where the line is ... really not black or white ..

ive had a cop look under my bonnet and he didnt care ... but im sure others would kick a stink up about it ..

and we arent at the point where we have to get the car checked at rego time yet ..

in regards to the oiled or non oiled .. are you asking that for legal reasons too ?? or just what we are using ?

The oiled or not question was also about the legality cos apparently it is legal in Victoria if it is a dry filter (non oiled)

hmmm, interesting...

I wonder how much they will budge on 3 quarts of Redline Super Lightweight, Motul RBF-600 brake fluid and an Apexi Filter?

May be worth asking if they would consider sponsorship like CES too ;)

hmmm, interesting...

I wonder how much they will budge on 3 quarts of Redline Super Lightweight, Motul RBF-600 brake fluid and an Apexi Filter?

May be worth asking if they would consider sponsorship like CES too ;)

Ill ask them about that as well on saturday. Be good if they are able to bring CES products here. Im thinking of buying a muffler but cant decide on remus or CES. I lke how the remus is just a simple bolt on, dont like to modify too much. Plus the stivo stock system seems adequate for the job. But $800ish dollars is still alot...