A little help please?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and i did try using the search function, but to no avail.

I'm looking at buying an '04 sportivo (though nov '03 build date?) with 44k's on it. They want $20k for it. I figure this is around market value, though trying to talk them down to $19kish.

It appears to be in good condition, though i am yet to see it in the flesh, which ofcourse i will before i buy it.

When checking it out is there anything particular i should be looking out for?

What things can i do to the vehicle to increase performance, at a moderate cost?

I've had my eye on a sportivo for quite a while, with the nice leather interior and power to boot. Are they as good to drive as i imagine? keep in mind for the last 5 years i've been driving a barina

Thanks

Brendan

yeah man there a good car to drive i own a 03 model if you have never driven on before there abit revvy but you get used it to and will love it.

you can look here and see what some people have done to there cars to increase perfomance.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5503

there also good on petrol. i paid $21,000 for a 2003 model with 33,000km on it.

if your worried about the something get nrma to check it for you thats what i did

See ya welcome to the forum

whats this i keep reading around the site about a recall on the sportivo?

should i be concerned about this in regards to the car i am buying?

the thing is i am driving a fair way to check it out and possibly buy it, so i dont really want to drive 5 hours and not come back with a car, and i dare say the person i am looking at buying it off is going to know that too.

cheers for the help

I saw a late 2004 model 2 weeks ago 4000KM

$20500 private sale.

The prices of the sportivo are coming down.

Just need to hunt for them.

i saw that one, but it had extra sportivo badges all over it which had me a little suspicious? the bonet in the photo didnt close properly either, was thinking it could of been in a crash, then the ad was gone before i could pursue it

there is another one advertised atm for $20.5k but i dont really want a black one

the thing is i am driving a fair way to check it out and possibly buy it, so i dont really want to drive 5 hours and not come back with a car, and i dare say the person i am looking at buying it off is going to know that too.

cheers for the help

Not an issue with the facelift sportivo I believe.. Late 2004-2005 models.

For the earlier models yes there were recalls but most guys are happy with the recall adjustment Toyota did.

Still a very reliable car.

Dont worry about recalls nearly every new car gets recalled for something, and it being a 04 it would have been fixed by now if it had something wrong with it. if you do buy it, you can lodge your name with Toyota as the owner and if they do get recalled for somthing they will notify you.

Open the drivers door when u test drive it and there should be a silver sticker with the serial number and the date of when they did the recall.

If there isnt one, simply ring your nearest toyota quote the vin number and ask if its been done. If not, book it in. its free ;)

On the contrary, Toyota Corolla Sportivo prices have stabilised. They seem to hover around $20k to $27k for good ones, only very early examples or people desperate to sell, do you see them fall below $20k.

When I was shopping for a car in Sept 05-Oct 05 I couldnt find any 2004 Facelift Stivo with 4000KM for

$20000.

4000Km to me is a brand new car.

Thats the reason why I say the price has come down.

Edited by GAZOOM

when you say a face lift sportivo, is the model with the fog lights a bit more prominent with the black around the edges and stuff? i do like the look of those, but could be a little out of my price range

Below is a facelift Sportivo. Mariox's to be exact.

Anything that looks different to the below is a prefacelift.

The grill on a Facelift Rolla cannot be changed easily but prefacelift models there a quite a few different aftermarket grills.

mycar0001ka4.jpg

hey mate..catn go wrong buying a sportivo.....i chose to go with the facelift model as i liked the look of them better plus i figured ne of the little glitches that may have been in the prefacelift may have been attended to buy toyota for the facelift model...also it comes with 6 stack MP3 player and afew other changes to interior....

for reference i got my 2005 corolla sportivo for $ 22,000 private sale......11,000km, window tint, paint protection, leather protection.....now got 13,800km on it and havent had a problem....took a little getting used to engine, driving position, gearbox etc.....but is expected with ne new car need time to adjust....very happy......i researched through this site heaps and heaps.....extremely beneficial and as far as looking for a car i just joined car sales for free and set up the auto search funtion where you put all your criteria in (model..age...kms etc) and then you get an email each day with ne new cars etc and when you hop on carsaels each time dont have to fill in all criteria again...is saved as a search in you members section...worked well as can program a seach for facelift and pre facelift....vic...nsw....privat...dealer (ripoff)

etc.....happy hunting

cheers

to get an '05 with that fewer km's on it seems like quite a bargain compared to the '04 prefacelift i am looking at, and he wont budge off $20k.

A CAI can still be fitted to the facelift models no worries i assume?

starting to think spending a tiny bit more on a facelift model could be the go

A CAI can still be fitted to the facelift models no worries i assume?

the engine is the same 2zzge. good thing about this car is there is a lot of parts for it

ive had my sportivo for sale for a few months now and i did advertise it quite cheap at one point as i needed cash urgently. now i dont need the cash and have settled to sell for 22k.

funny thing is when i had the price really low on it people assume theres somthing wrong with it.

mines an 04 sportivo lucifer red 50,800kms, lowered, 17icnh wheels, tinted windows ,sports grill, eyelids,sports pedals plus all the other gear that comes standard with the sportivo.its also had the recall update done aswel.

i think youll find most that are for sale for less than 21k are 03 models or have been driven very hard or like someone said earlier been smashed and repaired.

heres a pic of mine

before anyone asks pix are before eyelids were added.

post-314-1170654965_thumb.jpg

post-314-1170655001_thumb.jpg

facelift worths the extra, i regret i didnt spend a bit more to get one, it looks heaps better, sexy front bumper, heaps better looking headlights, mp3 player, and plus it will hold its value better than pre feacelift in the long run i reckon

facelift worths the extra, i regret i didnt spend a bit more to get one, it looks heaps better, sexy front bumper, heaps better looking headlights, mp3 player, and plus it will hold its value better than pre feacelift in the long run i reckon

Yeah but in the short run you pay less for a pre-facelift anyways.

Corollas are great :toast: that's why we have so many proud owners here, join the club :D

Corollas are great :toast: that's why we have so many proud owners here, join the club :D

not try to argue :D , but u pay little more now, and sell for a bit more, so at the end of it its not much difference, so if u have the extra cash, i'd say get the facelift :) , also when u test drive, try driving it to 8000rpm and shift to second gear see if its easily done, or it wont let u into second gear, if it wont let u into 2nd, that mean he havent done the clutch adjustmen or he didnt do it right, if it doesnt have warranty any more, maybe u can bargain him on this point, even though it will only cost u 60bucks to adjust it, make it sound its a real hussle :clap:

not try to argue :D , but u pay little more now, and sell for a bit more, so at the end of it its not much difference, so if u have the extra cash, i'd say get the facelift :) , also when u test drive, try driving it to 8000rpm and shift to second gear see if its easily done, or it wont let u into second gear, if it wont let u into 2nd, that mean he havent done the clutch adjustmen or he didnt do it right, if it doesnt have warranty any more, maybe u can bargain him on this point, even though it will only cost u 60bucks to adjust it, make it sound its a real hussle :clap:

of course ya gonna pay more for the fazcelift and its gonna hold its value better because its a newer model.

it comes down to what each person wants. i love the look of the facelift models but ya cant chop and change grills and stuff like the the pre facelift. also ya paying extra just for a different front bumber basicly.