Sportivo Throttle Type

f1yby3

Hey guys,

Just a quick one, is the throttle on the stivo cable or electronic ?

I been driving up and down the coast latley and it caining my leg so i need cruise control. hahha, moving to brissy in march so still have a few long ***** trips ahead too :)

Has anyone else bothered with cruise on their stivo ? a saw a post where somebody had a vaccum actuator model and it didnt work very well ?

Oh and was it available as a factory option on the stivo ? cant remeber ?

Hope everyones having a great weekend !

cheers :)

Sportivo is cable not wire. Northy and JC have cruise control fitted to their cars and both are different brands that work well. PM either of them for more info as they'd be happy to help out :D

I had no idea that cruise control was made for manual cars. How does it shift up and down automatically when the rpms drop or rise ?

:) it doesnt, mainly for long flat sections, but u put in a little clutch switch that tells cruise control to go into Coast mode when you engage the clutch, then you can select a gear and when you release the clutch cruise control Resumes and looks after your speed

--------------

Thanks for the info guys :) ill flick them a PM and ask what brand they used :)

on my two manual cars that have had factory fitted cruise control (WRX and Golf GTi), the cruise speed is cancelled when you press the clutch or brake. You then have to select resume on the cruise stalk for it to go back to the speed you'd previously set.

Sportivo is cable not wire. Northy and JC have cruise control fitted to their cars and both are different brands that work well. PM either of them for more info as they'd be happy to help out :D

the cruise controll unit is actually the same, JC has the wireless controls on his steering wheel and i have the stalk type from the steering coloum.

As rolla mods said our after market ones will cancel when you hit the clutch or brake pedals, you can accel and it wont turn off, when you lift off the accel it will resume your set speed.

hmmmm...

how much did you pay for your cruise set up northy? and did you install it your self? if not, then how much did it cost to get it installed?

Cheers,

Chris

no idea what it costs...didn't install mine but did the install on JC's in his garage so not sure on install costs....

• 2 months later...