Aurion SX6 seat memory position & Auto trans

philco

Hi all. Purchased an Aurion SX6 Sportivo , having moved up from a 1995 Celica. Nice having 4 doors.

Looked at the Aurion and Mitsubishi 380 series after having read some great reviews about both models.

Didnt bother with the VE commodore due to alleged previous model quality issues from owners I know. Only little niggels, but ongoing.

Mitsubishi 380 series with the Platinum option pack was great value for money, and it drove nicely...but the Aurion drove better in my opinion, the auto trans and engine just seeming to compliment each other.

Very pleased so far with all aspects of the vehicle. I need to see how involved adding the seat memory position option would be. It took me about a week to get the seating position just to my liking, then the Mrs jumped in the drivers seat and moved every thing around. Now I'm back to square one. Seating position memory control may be integrated on the existing ECU or it may require an additional control.

Re 6 speed auto. The owners manual refers to AI ( Artifitial Intelligence ), but its not clear if this relates to the shift pattern adapting to different driving styles or just a normal pattern depending upon road speed, engine load etc. I would also be interested to find out what the difference in shift pattern is between operating in the D mode and S mode with the 6 ranges selected. The manual says AI control is cancelled in the S position, but I cant tell the differnce in shift patern at this stage. It would be nice if the dash display actually indicated what gear the trans was in at any time.

I didn't think the sx6 had a seat memory position. I though that was in the next model up, eg. ZR6 maybe ask the dealer you bought it from ?

But me too would be interested, due to the wife factor !

Thanks

The manual says AI control is cancelled in the S position, but I cant tell the differnce in shift patern at this stage. It would be nice if the dash display actually indicated what gear the trans was in at any time.

This is implemented in the IS250

there must be a way of adding it......but most probably complicated

the presara is the only one that has it.....

the seat memory module....has 3 button.....lined vertically.SET...1...2.....to the right of the steering column....

(you will most probably see a removable platic bit in other models)

Some of the luxury features are deliberately left out in Toyota brand otherwise people would go for Aurion rather Lexus as Aurion has more features than any Lexus below $70,000. Besides Aurion has a much powerful engine than half of the Lexus, an engine that's used in RX350. Anyway, most of the design and features in Aurion are heritaged from/by Lexus except that it's built with cheaper materials.

there must be a way of adding it......but most probably complicated

the presara is the only one that has it.....

the seat memory module....has 3 button.....lined vertically.SET...1...2.....to the right of the steering column....

(you will most probably see a removable platic bit in other models)

Hi u54. Guess it will come down to whether they use a specific control, in which case yeh may be costly or whether the harness is already there... less the swictches of course ( which can easily be added ) and control is by way of the existing ECU. Sometimes manufacturers will standardize and just leave out the user interface to disable certain options/features. If I could get my hands on an electrical wiring diagram I would know....but its early days yet and such a diagram would be as rare as a hens tooth.

Philco

• 4 weeks later...

To change to Memory seat/mirror system, which only Presra has, is next to impossible.

The ECU for memory seat/mirror is in the drivers seat switch and information runs over a CAN bus.

The whole layout of the CAN system and modules is different in a Presra so unless you were going to design a unique electrical system for yourself, you'd have to replace just about every wire harness in the car.

Can bus is something you can teach yourself but reprogramming the ecu is going to be hard without lots of software and tools that Toyota just aren't going to release. I have learnt a bit of can bus to help with an industrial ethernet wan comms project and for getting data from sensors and setting states on relays and so forth all easy enough to do. Now taking that to a car with existing non UNIX, MAC, WIN ECU controller I don't know.

Honestly going to be too hard just buy the Presara probably cheaper and quicker. But for a project to keep you occupied in your shed for a year or two why not.