DvD Ripper Programs

ChArMs_RT142

I'm surprised this thread is still alive... and more surprised that Mods are promoting illegal DVD piracy.

True enough.

But if you are making a legal backup copyof your own DVD.

Ripit4me.com works (now that new encryption sometimes beats DVD shrink) you still need to run through DVDdecryptor and DVD Shrink.

See the instructions on the ripit4me site.

I'm surprised this thread is still alive... and more surprised that Mods are promoting illegal DVD piracy.

I see nothing illegal about discussing what programs can be used to backup DVDs.

Maybe Charms wants to backup some of her home video DVD movies.

It's ok to make backups of DVD's you own. for example if you travel, you may not want to take an original of your fave dvd with you, so you make a copy so it doesn't matter if it gets damaged.

I use Mac the ripper.

I see nothing illegal about discussing what programs can be used to backup DVDs.

Maybe Charms wants to backup some of her home video DVD movies.

That's fair enough Phil. I hadn't thought of that.

handbrake for mac.

ripping is a useful tool in multimedia. sometimes you have something on dvd but want to playback without having the disc. you can rip and have the file accessible from the local disk.

Heya peps thanks for the replys im new to this lol .

What i wanna do is copy my 8mm tapes on to dvd but first i need to get the converter .

Also upload on to sites so Does this program convert to say from avi to mpeg or mpeg,mov to avi to burn to dvd if you get what i mean ?

:blink:

What i wanna do is copy my 8mm tapes on to dvd but first i need to get the converter .

Also upload on to sites so Does this program convert to say from avi to mpeg or mpeg,mov to avi to burn to dvd if you get what i mean ?

set top DVD recorders nowadays has those s-video input for digicam, so if you are intending to burn it to DVD anyway, that's an option.

You could have a look at the Belkin DVD creator. As long as your camera has an AV outputs you'll be able to use it.

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefro.../Product/XH6271