Possible to install a Supercharger to my ATX?

TRDATX

nice to meet you aurion fellows, i know it sounds in sane...and its my first post here.

like the title i said,is that possible?i owned an atx since last Sep,just wondering any genuine aurion supercharger on the market?and how much and where to buy?

any ideas about mechnical differences between the discontinued TRD models and the supercharged current aurion models(if possible..)?

lots of thanks. i m just a kid with dreams⊙▽⊙

Of course it's possible. However it would be way better value to turbo your AT-X (custom job) than to put the TRD kit into it. This has been covered in this forum already. Please search for that firstly.

Also, there are no other factory supercharged Aurion's apart from the discontinued TRD Aurion.

Is it possible? Yes, walk into a performance shop and drop 10g and if you're lucky that MIGHT get you the TRD set up.

Many people suggest just swapping into a TRD, but if the power bug has bitten then it won't let go with just that and unfortunately the TRD is like the standard Aurion in that it's hard to get more power out of it. Plus just the swap alone (Especially from an ATX) it likely to be more than 10k, although you get more than just the power boost in that swap.

I myself am looking for more power (if I stick with my sportivo) but know the only real way is via Turbocharging. It's been done and offers more power than the TRD, but hasn't yet been pioneered into an off the shelf kit.

If you're dreaming, then leave it at that. If you're prepared to lay down the big bucks, then get into contact with well known performance shops. They'll direct you far better than anyone on a forum ever could.

Of course it's possible. However it would be way better value to turbo your AT-X (custom job) than to put the TRD kit into it. This has been covered in this forum already. Please search for that firstly.

Also, there are no other factory supercharged Aurion's apart from the discontinued TRD Aurion.

i ll do the search,thanks big bro. u know how much cost to turbo and customise ATX?any proper place to suggest?im in sydney.

It would be cheaper to buy a trd aurion, so do that.

ATX is my first brand new car,just wanna make it a bit outstanding from the current models. dont wanna sell it for a TRD:(

... u know how much cost to turbo and customise ATX?any proper place to suggest?im in sydney.

As far as I'm aware, such a task has not been done in Australia. You will need to do your own research. Speak one on one with professionals who do this stuff for a living to get an idea of what work needs to be done.

Is it possible? Yes, walk into a performance shop and drop 10g and if you're lucky that MIGHT get you the TRD set up.

Many people suggest just swapping into a TRD, but if the power bug has bitten then it won't let go with just that and unfortunately the TRD is like the standard Aurion in that it's hard to get more power out of it. Plus just the swap alone (Especially from an ATX) it likely to be more than 10k, although you get more than just the power boost in that swap.

I myself am looking for more power (if I stick with my sportivo) but know the only real way is via Turbocharging. It's been done and offers more power than the TRD, but hasn't yet been pioneered into an off the shelf kit.

If you're dreaming, then leave it at that. If you're prepared to lay down the big bucks, then get into contact with well known performance shops. They'll direct you far better than anyone on a forum ever could.

thanks brother, i will weigh if the 10k modification is worth or not:)

... u know how much cost to turbo and customise ATX?any proper place to suggest?im in sydney.

As far as I'm aware, such a task has not been done in Australia. You will need to do your own research. Speak one on one with professionals who do this stuff for a living to get an idea of what work needs to be done.

BIG THANKS, i will do my research then:)

I'm building up a 2GR-FE with forced induction.

Supercharging using the TRD Aurion parts will cost over $11,500 in parts alone (all prices from memory):

- blower @ $4k

- manifold @ $1600

- idler bracket @ $1600

- drive belt @ (I forgot)

- VVTi union and hose @ cheap

- injectors @ $1500

- ECU @ $3500

- transmission oil cooler @ $300

Due to the cost of items 1, 2 & 3 I decided to go with a twin turbo setup. The last 3 still need something done, plus an intercooler, but overall you can do it for nearly $5k less with turbos, whilst making much more power if you play with internals (at extra cost).

I'm building up a 2GR-FE with forced induction.

Supercharging using the TRD Aurion parts will cost over $11,500 in parts alone (all prices from memory):

- blower @ $4k

- manifold @ $1600

- idler bracket @ $1600

- drive belt @ (I forgot)

- VVTi union and hose @ cheap

- injectors @ $1500

- ECU @ $3500

- transmission oil cooler @ $300

Due to the cost of items 1, 2 & 3 I decided to go with a twin turbo setup. The last 3 still need something done, plus an intercooler, but overall you can do it for nearly $5k less with turbos, whilst making much more power if you play with internals (at extra cost).

turbo option sounds attractive, i'll think about it. thanks a lot:)

That sounds interesting 450hp, keep us informed

Bear in mind that his solution may not exactly just bolt into an Aurion as it is going to be in a different layout.

450 hp can make aurion fly LOL

I'm sure it would... but I don't exactly think he is planning on getting 450HP at the wheels. I'm not even sure the engine would take that. 450HP per tonne (and N/A too!) is a different story however.

I'm sure it would... but I don't exactly think he is planning on getting 450HP at the wheels. I'm not even sure the engine would take that. 450HP per tonne (and N/A too!) is a different story however.

The standard N/A engine (268 crank HP) will give 450 crank HP per tonne of car. Based on the dyno data from yourself and others, I'm looking at about 73% of that at the rear wheels (mid-engine rear drive).

The turbo version plan is 560 crank HP, giving 933 crank HP per tonne of car. Depending on emissions, this may have to be a track special setup :(

By comparison, the N/A Aurion has 180 crank HP per tonne ...

just some advice from an old guy that I know you won't listen to. you're wasting your money.

Who was that directed at? The only one in this thread that is definitely going to spend money is 450HP/tonne... and given what he is building, I can say that he certainly isn't wasting his money.

The turbo version plan is 560 crank HP...

Do you reckon the block/internals (that you can't change) can take that?

The block and crank are good for over 1000HP, pistons and rods are not.

just some advice from an old guy that I know you won't listen to. you're wasting your money.

I am not wasting money ... I'm an engineer and I want to experience designing and building an entire car, similar in concept to an Ariel atom. This is an educational project and nothing like modifying a production car (I only have genuine accessories on my Aurion, none of which are for performance).