Extractors/Headers

matty87

Hey guys, sorry if im repeating a previously spoken topic but am interested in installing extractors in my ZR6 Aurion, I have asked around and have been told it is a real hassle to do this due to the engine design/layout. But have also heard that it can be done..

Have any of you guys had it done? Thoughts?

Cheers

Hey guys, sorry if im repeating a previously spoken topic but am interested in installing extractors in my ZR6 Aurion, I have asked around and have been told it is a real hassle to do this due to the engine design/layout. But have also heard that it can be done..

Cheers

Monkeywrech sell the Kits. I'm sure the Exhaust professional will fabricate you the Y pipe and will have no dramas if you have the cash! If they do AWD, FWD, RWD cars every day all day. I'm sure they wont be alienated by an Aurion / TRD Aurion :P

Not sure if a Motec or Haltec will correct the error code due to the out of range information coming from the sensors.

Edited by Marty0001

Cheers

It has been done, the biggest issue is that no local company produces them. There is a set built by Monkey Wrench Racing that will bolt on however you will need to get a custom y-pipe fabricated to suit and do something regarding the fitment of the pre-cat oxygen sensors (as the cats are eliminated).

This normally causes an error code due to the out of range information coming from the sensors but doesn't negatively affect power.

Reports of how much power to expect are varied but I'm of the opinion they do give decent gains, however the stuffing around can mean the mod will cost well over 2 grand and even then you are likely to have issues.

post-13080-0-76911900-1318240310_thumb.j

Would bunging them in one of the pipes work of does it need the full flow of all 3 on each bank ?

Just do it Scott, you know you want too lol. Confidyne has had a look at these and worked out how they would get it all too work but it's quite exxy so still deciding weither to do it or not...