New Eclipse AVN726EA in my Aurion

Guys

Thought I'd share some info and pics of some Eclipse kit I got installed in my Aurion yesterday. Phil and the guys at Northfield Macgregor looked after me really well and installed the following :

- Eclipse AVN726EA Head Unit

- Eclipse SC6900 Splits Up Front

- Eclipse SC6900 Splits Rear (they discovered the CP6910s were too deep and hit the boot springs, so gave me splits)

- Eclipse BC-106 Rear Camera

- Eclipse iPod Interface Cable

- Dynamat in front doors and rear parcel shelf

An excellent and clean installation. Headunit sits in a Toyota facia, and whilst does not quite look factory as the standard Toyota or aftermarket (Auspacks, etc) units, it is very tidy and clean. Speakers are well hidden and you can't tell they are there.

One thing Phil found as this was their first install of splits in the rear of an Aurion was to mount the tweeters on the outside edge of the speaker itself (under the parcel shelf) and drill out fine holes in the plastic speaker grill itself (it is wider than the 6x9 mount). You can't even see it unless you get up close...very stealth.

1stKill...for the questions asked in the other forum, yes this is the new Eclipse model released a month or more ago. To load up from cold to listening to music, etc only takes a few seconds. Steering wheel controls all work perfectly just like the factory job. Even the music track select on the steering wheel works the right way.

The GPS is the NavTek Nav'n'Go product just like on the Windows CE variants (Auspacks, etc) but the maps are read from internal flash memory. Maps are initially loaded by SD card behind the screen.

At the end is a video showing boot up time.

Here's some photos.

Headunit and Toyota facia

Boot up screen (customisable)

Navigation screen startup

Main Source Menu

Other Setting Screen

Rear Camera View (crappy dark nightshot)

SUNA Live Traffic Feeds Overview Screen

SUNA - Traffic Congestion

SUNA - Road Works

SUNA - Accident

iPod View

Here's a video which shows how long boot up is. Sorry for the picture quality.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Any questions, please ask.

Cheers

Edited by michaelweare

Looks great Michael...Well done,glad it all turned out the way ya wanted. :toast:

Are ya going to install sub & amps in the future? and the boot up time on your Eclipse is great,about the same as the Alpine i've got,some of the h/units i looked at took forever to load up...

Thank looks fanastic :toast: :toast: :toast: .

I have the Eclipse avn6000 getting installed soon and if it looks as great as yours installed i will be happy. :lol:

that is a great idea to have the parcel shelf also dynamated, Will also ask the installers to dynamat the rear shelf as well.

How did you find the size of the rear camera and where was it positioned?

As this is the exact one i am also getting installed.

Looks great Michael...Well done,glad it all turned out the way ya wanted. :toast:

Are ya going to install sub & amps in the future? and the boot up time on your Eclipse is great,about the same as the Alpine i've got,some of the h/units i looked at took forever to load up...

Thanks for the comments. Yeah boot up time is good, and changeover time between any source is instantaneous.

A couple of weeks ago I made up a sealed sub to fit in the front section of the boot directly behind the seat (the full width). It has two (2) eight (8) inch subs I had in a previous Clubsport and runs off a 100-200 watt (can't quite remember) amp. Even though it is homemade and has eight inch drivers in, it gives out great kick. I took it out prior to the install and haven't had a chance to put it back in.

I was hoping that I might not need a sub with the new AV package, but I think I will. I can't expect 6x9s to go as low as I'd like, but it is a bit boomy. Maybe the new speakers need a bit of running in as well. Trouble with subs is that they limit access to the spare wheel and my wife will be driving this on occasion. Even though the sub is right up the front and it around 300mm deep I think it will need to be removed to take out the spare wheel (haven't tested this though).

My previous Clubbie had 2 eight inch subs mounted in the parcel shelf and the bass was fantastic. Has anyone thought or seen this done with the Aurion. If I could somehow get them mounted in between the 6x9s and still get decent bass response, I would really consider this. Probably will have a chat to Phil at Northfield as well.

Not too sure about the amp for the rest of the kit. I don't want to go real loud, but I have heard that it will clean up the sound just that bit better.

Anyway all fun so far.

Thank looks fanastic :toast: :toast: :toast: .

I have the Eclipse avn6000 getting installed soon and if it looks as great as yours installed i will be happy. :lol:

that is a great idea to have the parcel shelf also dynamated, Will also ask the installers to dynamat the rear shelf as well.

How did you find the size of the rear camera and where was it positioned?

As this is the exact one i am also getting installed.

You'll be happy with you new kit. Dynamat was a good idea. Wasn't going to do it, but it really helps deaden things more, particularly in the doors. Less outside noise comes in to the car as well.

As for the camera, it was mounted in the factory hole which had a cover over it. From what I have seen with the factory camera on the Presara, this setup looks exactly the same. I'm guessing Toyota use the same Eclipse BEC-106 camera in that as the angles match the cutout really well.

Here's some pics :

Camera Looking Up

Camera Looking at Level

Cheers

quote- Even though the sub is right up the front and it around 300mm deep I think it will need to be removed to take out the spare wheel (haven't tested this though).

I had this drama doing my amps & sub,then i checked out what the manufacture said was the correct size for my sub,and i was surprised it was 1/2 the size the guys at the audio store were trying to sell me...this made sense as it had to be custom made not straight off their shelf,and now the sub & 2 amps use about 1/3 or a little more at most of my boot space and access to the spare is no prob,sounds very punchy aswell,i have the sub facing thru the back seat boot access hatch,centre armrest/drink holder down for bass thumping,closed for when less bass required... :lol:

15nosk8.jpgnnljeq.jpg

sorry if i've gone overboard with this reply,i just get a little excited with car audio... ;)

looks good,bl..dy good in fact-i want 1-lol

just curious-how many $$$ did it all cost ya mate

thanks corey

Hi Corey

Without being too unfair to the guys that put it in, as they did me a good deal I think, it was around the mid three thousand mark.

quote- Even though the sub is right up the front and it around 300mm deep I think it will need to be removed to take out the spare wheel (haven't tested this though).

I had this drama doing my amps & sub,then i checked out what the manufacture said was the correct size for my sub,and i was surprised it was 1/2 the size the guys at the audio store were trying to sell me...this made sense as it had to be custom made not straight off their shelf,and now the sub & 2 amps use about 1/3 or a little more at most of my boot space and access to the spare is no prob,sounds very punchy aswell,i have the sub facing thru the back seat boot access hatch,centre armrest/drink holder down for bass thumping,closed for when less bass required... :lol:

sorry if i've gone overboard with this reply,i just get a little excited with car audio... ;)

Hey Lee, you've really got a great setup. I'm impressed how little space into the rear boot area that your sub setup takes. That's the advantage of a bit of research and guys who know what they are doing...good one. Can understand your excitement with car audio.

Hey Lee, you've really got a great setup. I'm impressed how little space into the rear boot area that your sub setup takes. That's the advantage of a bit of research and guys who know what they are doing...good one. Can understand your excitement with car audio.

Thanks mate...your setup is not to shabby either,well done. :toast:

Today managed to meet up with "Michaelweare" at Eight Mile Plains area, had a go with his system, actually it is pretty good without the SUB, but he is still a little unsure whether his speakers and his setting is right, as some songs are a little off.. we then went on to try a few tracks inside my car (mainly 2V1G - 2 voice 1 guitar tracks) before trying the same 2V1G tracks in his car, now he is a happy man.. hahaha.. the clarity is good and i think that reassures him that his speakers are good, just that perhaps certain songs need a little adjustment thats all..

Michael, next time when we meet, i will pass you the tracks if you like..cheers mate..

• 1 month later...
Guys

Thought I'd share some info and pics of some Eclipse kit I got installed in my Aurion yesterday. Phil and the guys at Northfield Macgregor looked after me really well and installed the following :

- Eclipse AVN726EA Head Unit

- Eclipse SC6900 Splits Up Front

- Eclipse SC6900 Splits Rear (they discovered the CP6910s were too deep and hit the boot springs, so gave me splits)

- Eclipse BC-106 Rear Camera

- Eclipse iPod Interface Cable

- Dynamat in front doors and rear parcel shelf

An excellent and clean installation. Headunit sits in a Toyota facia, and whilst does not quite look factory as the standard Toyota or aftermarket (Auspacks, etc) units, it is very tidy and clean. Speakers are well hidden and you can't tell they are there.

One thing Phil found as this was their first install of splits in the rear of an Aurion was to mount the tweeters on the outside edge of the speaker itself (under the parcel shelf) and drill out fine holes in the plastic speaker grill itself (it is wider than the 6x9 mount). You can't even see it unless you get up close...very stealth.

1stKill...for the questions asked in the other forum, yes this is the new Eclipse model released a month or more ago. To load up from cold to listening to music, etc only takes a few seconds. Steering wheel controls all work perfectly just like the factory job. Even the music track select on the steering wheel works the right way.

The GPS is the NavTek Nav'n'Go product just like on the Windows CE variants (Auspacks, etc) but the maps are read from internal flash memory. Maps are initially loaded by SD card behind the screen.

At the end is a video showing boot up time.

Here's some photos.

Headunit and Toyota facia

Boot up screen (customisable)

Navigation screen startup

Main Source Menu

Other Setting Screen

Rear Camera View (crappy dark nightshot)

SUNA Live Traffic Feeds Overview Screen

SUNA - Traffic Congestion

SUNA - Road Works

SUNA - Accident

iPod View

Here's a video which shows how long boot up is. Sorry for the picture quality.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Any questions, please ask.

Cheers

Looks Great. I have just installed the same unit in my 07 Rav 4 and am really happy with it. I was wondering how you got the toyota logo on start up, it looks great and want to do a similar thing. Any help would be great.

Thanks Steve.

15nosk8.jpgnnljeq.jpg

That is a very clean setup, could you tell me the dimensions of that box? Im interested in getting a fit as nice as yours! How did you manage to secure the sub without it flying around the boot? I was considering some velcro feet but if you have a better idea id love to know.

Also if possible could you please let me know the width of the box to allow it to fit into that space between those arches?

Cheers!

Looks Great. I have just installed the same unit in my 07 Rav 4 and am really happy with it. I was wondering how you got the toyota logo on start up, it looks great and want to do a similar thing. Any help would be great.

Thanks Steve.

Hi Steve

Northfield Macgregor set the unit up for me and I must say I didn't ask. I've read on a few forums that this is not easy or can't be done, but it obviously has for mine and I've see another one with the TRD logo, and Phil from Northfield had told me he does this for each install he does.

I'm out of town for a few days, but will ask when I get back.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks Steve.

Ya.. my GF's sister car also has the same unit and it has the Honda logo on start up as well, it is also done at Northfield Macgregor..

Thanks Steve.

Hi Steve

Northfield Macgregor set the unit up for me and I must say I didn't ask. I've read on a few forums that this is not easy or can't be done, but it obviously has for mine and I've see another one with the TRD logo, and Phil from Northfield had told me he does this for each install he does.

I'm out of town for a few days, but will ask when I get back.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks Michael that would be great.

Steve

Yes have just found out how to change the boot up screen.

I went to the eclipse website and asked through their support section and the emailed me the instructions.

Instructions are a little indepth but it is not that hard if you know your way around a computer.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes have just found out how to change the boot up screen.

I went to the eclipse website and asked through their support section and the emailed me the instructions.

Instructions are a little indepth but it is not that hard if you know your way around a computer.

Would you mind posting the instructions? I would like to see if it will work on the AVN-6000

• 2 months later...

Instructions for changing boot startup screen on AVN726EA or AVN726E:

1. Create bitmap file, MUST be 8 bit (256 colour), 496 x 278 exact resolution size

2. Save file as OP1.bmp that's an O, not a zero

3. Create text file (no text inside), call it CSM.txt

4. Burn both files onto CD-R/RW (just the 2 files, nothing else)

5. Insert disc into headunit

6. Wait for about a minute or 2, eventually it will say "Reading Data. Do not power off"

7. Display will then say "Completed"

To default back to original Eclipse startup image:

Same instructions as above, however, the text file is called CSM_DEL.txt burn the text file onto CD only (no bitmap image).