Presara toyotalink

My new Presara has the Toyota link which sounds great but I have registered it online and called in to activate it but nothing works.

The ToyotaLink unit led is off no light AT ALL? Does anyone else have one and what does the little led do normally? Mine does nothing zip.

Probably a poor pre delivery maybe a faulty unit what do you reckon?

Toyotalink are pretty good the 1300 number is answered any time so you can get to them from a mobile which is handy. My car doesn't answer so it looks like the Toyotalink module has never been turned on even though it is activated on the system the car module hasn't been turned on. This should have been done in dealer predelivery? I am supposed to take it back to get it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i didn't see this thread sooner.

Toyota Link needs to be activated or initalised at time of pre-delivery, take it back to the dealer who you got it from and ask them to do it properly.

Hope this helps.

Melvin

Toyota Link needs to be activated or initalised at time of pre-delivery, take it back to the dealer who you got it from and ask them to do it properly.

Hope this helps.

Melvin

Thanks I have activated the Toyotalink by mobile phone and yes you can activate it but unless the dealer initialises the unit in predelivery it dont go.

Bill Buckle forgot to do it. I guess that shows they haven't been selling many Presaras with Toyotalink!

I did ring them they told me i have to press the hospital button to turn it on. no kidding! I will worry about it at first service of corse we will have to have a little discussion about the subscription expiry date then too won't we.

• 1 month later...

Hope this helps.

Melvin

Thanks I have activated the Toyotalink by mobile phone and yes you can activate it but unless the dealer initialises the unit in predelivery it dont go.

Bill Buckle forgot to do it. I guess that shows they haven't been selling many Presaras with Toyotalink!

I did ring them they told me i have to press the hospital button to turn it on. no kidding! I will worry about it at first service of corse we will have to have a little discussion about the subscription expiry date then too won't we.

My dealer said: He can't do this, it's up to customer after faxing an "application". He even photocopied few pages in his book for me (not the one goes with the car) and told to go for a shortcut. I have not activated it due to spending whole day today to move stuffs for my child. Will try it on Monday.

BH

Hope this helps.

Melvin

My dealer said: He can't do this, it's up to customer after faxing an "application". He even photocopied few pages in his book for me (not the one goes with the car) and told to go for a shortcut. I have not activated it due to spending whole day today to move stuffs for my child. Will try it on Monday.

BH

Which dealer said this? call Toyotalink yourself and find out the truth. Hvae a look here it explains about it http://www.toyotalink.com.au/toyotalink .

To activate your Tototalink ACCOUNT is one thing though. The tototalink hardware unit in the car must be initialised or activated first. Check the website and then check your units led status lights. If it's activated you can just press the call button and register over toyotalink itself.

I registered on line then called the Toyotalink number to activate and check it.

The toyotalink websites really good you can log in and check where the car is for example!!

I of course I can't because Bill Buckle Toyota didn't activate the hardware in the pre delivery! if you have NO status lights in the unit then its not activated by the dealer. Nothing will work.

I will take it in for the first service soon and see if they will do it properly for me this time!

Which dealer said this? call Toyotalink yourself and find out the truth. Hvae a look here it explains about it http://www.toyotalink.com.au/toyotalink .

To activate your Tototalink ACCOUNT is one thing though. The tototalink hardware unit in the car must be initialised or activated first. Check the website and then check your units led status lights. If it's activated you can just press the call button and register over toyotalink itself.

Many thanks for all comments - Last night after posting the message I logged on to toyotalink website and filling out few informantion, the website automatically gave me 24 hours (upto 21:05pm Sunday) to activate and instructions how to activate my account.

This morning (Sunday), following instructions, it took me around 2 mins to do this - very simple instructions:

(1) Start the engine

(2) Press the link, waiting for around 30 secs

(3) Confirm the password

Again, very simple and thanks

BH

Edited by BanHien

just got the dealer Bill Buckle to do the 1,000km service and they "fixed" the Toyotalink for me. Well they initialised it like they should have done in the predelivery.

Good news is it works and is quite a nice useful thing.

Searching for the car is fun. you get a little ma

Date & Time: 26-Jul-2007 - 12:40 PM

Service Type: Portal - Where is my car

Address: 198 Harbord Rd, Brookvale Nsw

post-3710-1185603137_thumb.jpg

More good news.

Toyota Link were prety good about this and extended the service subsription to end three years from when Bill Buckle initialised the sytem for me not from when the car was purchased.

That was NICE.

• 4 months later...

Good evening all,

Just having a stupid question: My light was red last night - back to green this morning and then red again on the way home today - Have you got any idea why ? I may to call ToyotaLink. (Note: The car was sitting/standing under the sun for the whole day).

Thanks,

BH

Edited by BanHien

Good evening all,

Just having a stupid question: My light was red last night - back to green this morning and then red again on the way home today - Have you got any idea why ? I may to call ToyotaLink. (Note: The car was sitting/standing under the sun for the whole day).

Thanks,

BH

That's interesting. Mine has been doing exactly the same for the last couple of weeks. I also have noticed that it seems to occur immediately after the car has been sitting in the sun for extended periods of time. The service centre has looked at it twice now and has not been able to rectify the problem.

I suspect the problem has been there longer than just a few weeks however, if it is a heat problem then, by its very nature it will only occur during the daylight hours when I'm sure most people don't really notice the light, irrespective of whether it's green or red.

I have sent you a private message. It would be worthwhile your dealer getting in touch with my dealer as it may help sort the problem out faster for both of us.

Edited by JRC

I have sent you a private message. It would be worthwhile your dealer getting in touch with my dealer as it may help sort the problem out faster for both of us.

JRC,

Thanks fo the info - definitely "heat" problem - I drove the car from work back home (it's Friday) the light was red but after running air cond for 30mins or so, it changed back to green.

Again, many thanhks and hope they will find out something.

BH

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
What is the cost of Toyota link after the free period..is that for 3 years on the Presara

alan

bump... anyone?

I just logged into the Toyota Link website and found that my free membership will expire sometime next year (the expiry date used to be blank and does not contain a date). There is also a payment button now, so I clicked this and proceeded to make a payment (not really going ahead with the payment as it's not due till next year), so that I can find out how much I'll be charged. It turns out that you need to pay $240 per year to renew your Toyota Link subscription after your initial free period of 3 years.

Personally, I will not be renewing after the free period as I really have not had to use it (in an emergency) since I had the car. What do you guys and gals think? Would you pay the $240 per year to extend the Toyota Link subscription? :g:

Would you pay the $240 per year to extend the Toyota Link subscription? :g:

Not at that price. My current membership with RACQ is way less than that. If my Toyota Link subscription expired, I'd just move to RACQ (or similar), then pop a pre-paid sim card into the Toyota Link unit to receive calls direct to the car.

What is the cost of Toyota link after the free period..is that for 3 years on the Presara

alan

bump... anyone?

I just logged into the Toyota Link website and found that my free membership will expire sometime next year (the expiry date used to be blank and does not contain a date). There is also a payment button now, so I clicked this and proceeded to make a payment (not really going ahead with the payment as it's not due till next year), so that I can find out how much I'll be charged. It turns out that you need to pay $240 per year to renew your Toyota Link subscription after your initial free period of 3 years.

Personally, I will not be renewing after the free period as I really have not had to use it (in an emergency) since I had the car. What do you guys and gals think? Would you pay the $240 per year to extend the Toyota Link subscription? :g:

Definitely not at that price, or any price. As Daryl says things like NRMA membership are much lower price and probably better value. I'll actually be glad to get rid of the annoying loud beep from my left rear speaker whenever I start the car.

...What do you guys and gals think? Would you pay the $240 per year to extend the Toyota Link subscription? :g:

Due to small reason, I'm paying RACV $76 per year - after the free period, I may pay RACV a bit more to get more such as "Total care" or "Extra Care".

BH

hmmm I think it's expensive coz they not only provide roadside assistance but vehicle tracking too.

how much is vehicle tracking? we don't have it in perth

the coolest thing would be if u lost your key and u can ring them to unlock the doors and start the car for u

Edited by Freddo

• 7 months later...

I bought my Presara in 2007 (it was 1 year old). I was a good little boy and registered it using the Toyota Link button in my car. All good.

In Januray 2009 I became stranded as my car had a flat battery (kids left rear interior light on all night). I called Toyota Link only to be told I wasn't subscribed but if I paid the annual fee of $240.00 they could get someone out, or I could call another roadside assistance company. I called NRMA and they eventually fixed the problem.

I didn't question until November 2009 when we were on holiday and the Toyota Link syetem started ringing. We had never had this hapen before. It was Toyota Link telling us the Myaday Backup battery was low and needed replacing, plus our subscription had just expired on the 31st October.

I told him we were not subscribed (and told him the story from January). He said they had only just started getting data from the car at the end of September. Strange.....

It turns out the system was never taken out of Pre Delivery Mode and, no matter how many times you subscribe, if the system is not activated by the dealership you will never be able to use it.

I am currently in dispute with Toyota Link over this and have demanded at least another 2 years free service to make up for the 2 years I should have had. The dealership do not want to claim responsibility for not taking it out of Pre Delivery Mode.

PLease also be aware that the Mayday Backup Battery for your system requires replacing every three years. The cost of this is $300.00 ($100 for each year). So, essentially you are paying $340 per year for the privilege of using the Toyota Link Service. Ask yourself if this quirky gagdet is actually worth it or should you use a less extravagent NRMA service.

Edited by budgoi

• 4 weeks later...