HUD

Picked up this simple speedo HUD unit while I was overseas earlier in the year and finally got the time to wire it up and put in last week. Here are some pics B)

The kit comes with:

dsc00038we8.jpg

The heads up display unit

dsc00041xf7.jpg

Cable connector for easy wiring

dsc00042jb0.jpg

Power, ground, and speedo wires

dsc00044nx6.jpg

HUD screen (goes on windscreen)

dsc00045vu9.jpg

Angle ramps and tape (the ramps are not really needed as the rolla windscreen has enough angle for a good reflection)

In action: Sorry bout the shaky phone cam images (To the cops: before you try to hunt me down, the pics were taken by a passenger sitting behind me, and both pics were taken at 110k zone :P)

2902081915xj6.jpg

2902081926bd5.jpg

This also works really well during the day. Day pics are coming as well as some detailed setup pics

Other features: Time (when under 10km/h), alarm clock, speed attention & warning (adjustable), and brightness & volume adjustments.

Edited by DHC09

Got these from the distributer in Taiwan, and costs around $110-120 (maybe cheaper).

Im planning to arrange a few more units to be sent/bought here soon as a few ppl here in Brisbane already wants them.

Oooooohhhh

Is that what you were up to!?

Good to see that the iShift + HUD work together on the same lead.

I'm interested!

Totally forgot to thank theDefiant1 for helping out with the wiring :clap: cheers mate! as u can see it worked out great :D

I'm not going as far as saying it'll work for all cars, but I'm confident it'll work for Toyota's :)

It should work in the aurion, just need to find the right wires.

The speedo calibration is not an issue as it needs to be manually calibrated for each car anyway

Edited by DHC09

• 4 weeks later...

Is ther eanyway to easily remove the HUD unit when you get out of the car? Would hate for someone to see it and think that looks like it could fund my next hit, I'll take that - its kinda in a please steal me position.

Is ther eanyway to easily remove the HUD unit when you get out of the car? Would hate for someone to see it and think that looks like it could fund my next hit, I'll take that - its kinda in a please steal me position.

I guess u can cut the wire near the unit and install a 3 pin socket/plug there, then u can easily unplug it and hide it somewhere. But seriously half the sado bogans wouldn't even know what it is :P

mmm yeah i have 3 things on my dash now

1) shift-i;

2) GPS bluetooth receiver; and

3) HUD.

Haven't has a problem yet plus thats what insurance is for.

Edited by T_Money

mmm yeah i have 3 things on my dash now

1) shift-i;

2) GPS bluetooth receiver; and

3) HUD.

Haven't has a problem yet plus thats what insurance is for.

its not bout insurance being there but the problem is getting fixed and all the trouble u have to go through..

those bogans dont care if they work or what.. they just take whtever..

so what does it display? speed? what about tacho? and did someone say its got a shift light?

could someone please post up all the features of it? thanks im interested! :)

All the info is in the 1st post. It displays the speed, and time (when under 10km/h). Other features include alarm clock, speed attention & warning (adjustable), and brightness & volume adjustments. And no the shift light seen in the pics is not included.

There's a new group buy at the moment, so put your name down if your really interested :)

so what does it display? speed? what about tacho? and did someone say its got a shift light?

All the info is in the 1st post. It displays the speed, and time (when under 10km/h). Other features include alarm clock, speed attention & warning (adjustable), and brightness & volume adjustments. And no the shift light seen in the pics is not included.

There's a new group buy at the moment, so put your name down if your really interested :)

oh ok... then i guess im not really interested in it..

im more interested in the shift ligh. is it yours? if so would you be able to tell me a bit about it please? if you pm it would be better. i would just like to know about it. and whats it worth what it goes up to what car it car be fitted to etc.

thanks mate

oh ok... then i guess im not really interested in it..

im more interested in the shift ligh. is it yours? if so would you be able to tell me a bit about it please? if you pm it would be better. i would just like to know about it. and whats it worth what it goes up to what car it car be fitted to etc.

thanks mate

We had a GB of the Shift-I awhile ago link

This was bought up in the GB thread:

I will be writing up the Install guide tonight when I get home from work. Its very straight forward.

As with cops: from the outside you won't be able to see the holographic numbers even at night. The only thing you would see is the glow from the display unit. Cops have seen this on my car on 3 separate occasion on RBT road blocks both day and night, and none of them had a problem with it. In fact one cop was asking me bout it and thought it was a really good idea :lol: I told him the correct word to use here is uber :P

As with cops: from the outside you won't be able to see the holographic numbers even at night. The only thing you would see is the glow from the display unit. Cops have seen this on my car on 3 separate occasion on RBT road blocks both day and night, and none of them had a problem with it. In fact one cop was asking me bout it and thought it was a really good idea :lol: I told him the correct word to use here is uber :P

This isn't surprising, as there are cars where this feature comes standard. The main one that springs to my mind (mainly because I want one) is a U13 SSS Bluebird