Scissor doors

BONDIE

Does anybody know if there is any major differences between the American Camry and the Australian Aurion when comparing doors and front panels? Looking at getting some american bolt on scissor door brackets. They quote that they will bolt on to a american Camry 07 perfectly, does anyone know if this vehicle is the same as the the aurion, and if i will experience any probs.

I would hate to purchase them and get them here and they dont fit properly, as with scissor doors you need a pretty good fit, to seal it from weather elements.

Or does anyone know a coy in Australia that deals with this. Im looking at about $1000.00 at the moment, which involves no welding, straight bolt on. Claims it is the best producer going on the American market. ( But i supose most american coy's claim they are the best and the biggest on their website - scarcasim)

Whatya guys think.

Bondie.

it wont be tat easily bolt on as you think.. Some welding may needed, some cutting.. I saw some guy bought scissor door, and you would think i close nicely like in da movie(with hot chick and mini skirt).. In reality, it feels sh!t and u know it is sh!t stuff.. and it isnt that comfy when opening or closing.. and imagine again, the shape of the car, doesnt suit it at all...

my idea of modding a car, u cant just do something, and hoping it feels different.. it will feel different, in a wrong way.. the whole design of the car has to be put into thinking.. Simply words=u need ridiculously low car, pimped, damn stupid big chrome heavy rim.. then finally with a scissor door..

if not, when some guys(like me) see that kinda car, we will just laugh in our mind, thinking.. wat the heck.. no offence

suggestion: save some more and spend on a proper set of imported rim, made OTHER THAN china or thai or indo.. that will bring more liveliness to the car.

it wont be tat easily bolt on as you think.. Some welding may needed, some cutting.. I saw some guy bought scissor door, and you would think i close nicely like in da movie(with hot chick and mini skirt).. In reality, it feels sh!t and u know it is sh!t stuff.. and it isnt that comfy when opening or closing.. and imagine again, the shape of the car, doesnt suit it at all...

my idea of modding a car, u cant just do something, and hoping it feels different.. it will feel different, in a wrong way.. the whole design of the car has to be put into thinking.. Simply words=u need ridiculously low car, pimped, damn stupid big chrome heavy rim.. then finally with a scissor door..

if not, when some guys(like me) see that kinda car, we will just laugh in our mind, thinking.. wat the heck.. no offence

suggestion: save some more and spend on a proper set of imported rim, made OTHER THAN china or thai or indo.. that will bring more liveliness to the car.

True... While Aurion is also a 4 door sedan, a family car... It wont suit... Not just dannywss, I'll be also like 'wt*'..

But WT* to 'imported rim, made OTHER THAN china or thai or indo...' ??

Dude.. Never even heard Thai or Indo making rims..

Plus, Not all China rims are Sh!t. It's just that the choices here are limited in OZ, althou I have to agree with U that most of em su*k, in both design and quality. But that just mean It does not suit our taste. I do like some of em and the finishing are good as well. But u cant complain much for the quality with the price they are selling.

Talking about liveliness, again, Back to personal taste.. Doesnt has anything to do with any imported rims from Asian countries..

U can bring liveliness to any car using the RIGHT [Personal taste] design despite of the country they comin from..

Plus, Not all China rims are Sh!t. It's just that the choices here are limited in OZ, althou I have to agree with U that most of em su*k, in both design and quality. But that just mean It does not suit our taste. I do like some of em and the finishing are good as well. But u cant complain much for the quality with the price they are selling.

Talking about liveliness, again, Back to personal taste.. Doesnt has anything to do with any imported rims from Asian countries..

U can bring liveliness to any car using the RIGHT [Personal taste] design despite of the country they comin from..

thai and indo? i bet $1m there are. Indo that i know of, make copied 'works' rim, and also some branded rims... i once was gonna buy a set, they even copy the sticker to make it look real. (NOT THAT I AM LOOKING DOWN ON THESE COUNTRIES, as i come from malaysia too, same thing)

Not all china made stuff are sh!t, totally agree, just that the rims that we can see on the market now? (most of them, not all) and my dad imports stuff from china as business, so i understand totally.. from screws to tiles to garage roller to spas to wire ropes...

about liveliness, it can be his idea of liveliness, i didnt insist that it has to be "my idea" of it~ just that from my experience, a change of rim, change the total image of the car, simple as that.

sorry for my bad english, this gets me to express things wrongly from my mind..

thai and indo? i bet $1m there are. Indo that i know of, make copied 'works' rim, and also some branded rims... i once was gonna buy a set, they even copy the sticker to make it look real. (NOT THAT I AM LOOKING DOWN ON THESE COUNTRIES, as i come from malaysia too, same thing)

Not all china made stuff are sh!t, totally agree, just that the rims that we can see on the market now? (most of them, not all) and my dad imports stuff from china as business, so i understand totally.. from screws to tiles to garage roller to spas to wire ropes...

about liveliness, it can be his idea of liveliness, i didnt insist that it has to be "my idea" of it~ just that from my experience, a change of rim, change the total image of the car, simple as that.

sorry for my bad english, this gets me to express things wrongly from my mind..

Nah..It's cooll

My bad as well.. It's just that the idea of liveliness can come from anywhere.. I thought u were sayin a proper set of rim should come from anewhere except China etc.. Coz I personally thought China has one of the best rims considering the price for its value.. Even thou the variety for both sizes and designs are narrow..

Haha..All good Now ^ ^

"it wont be tat easily bolt on as you think.. Some welding may needed, some cutting.. I saw some guy bought scissor door, and you would think i close nicely like in da movie(with hot chick and mini skirt).. In reality, it feels sh!t and u know it is sh!t stuff.. and it isnt that comfy when opening or closing.. and imagine again, the shape of the car, doesnt suit it at all..."

ANSWER: I should have explain myself better, of course if i get scissor doors, i will need a bodykit. I wont lower it any lower, but the right bodykit will give it the impresson of it being lower. I found this picture attached, forget the colour and sh*t, but the shape with the doors i reckon looks alright. The coy says on their website, that no cutting or welding will be needed, and this kit will bolt straight on to a American camry 07. What im thinking is, if the american camry 07 has he same set up as the aurion, it should bolt straight on to a aurion.

I have had a sh*t load of cars in my life, everything from worked v8's with airbags, jacked up monster utes, fast cars and pimped out suv's on 24"s (see members ride section). But never had anything to do with scissors doors. So your "not a smooth operation- feels like sh*t" comment, ill take into account, cheers and thanks, your right, from the looks, i thought they would have been bit smoother.

"my idea of modding a car, u cant just do something, and hoping it feels different.. it will feel different, in a wrong way.. the whole design of the car has to be put into thinking.. Simply words=u need ridiculously low car, pimped, damn stupid big chrome heavy rim.. then finally with a scissor door.."

ANSWER: I agree with you on that modification comment, alot of thinking does go into it. But.............you can mod two ways, ....1. be a sheep and follow everyone else... or.... 2. design something yourself, mod your car to your own character with your own touch. I reckon i have spent over 100k in the last 6 years on mods (work hard - play hard), so im not just...... as you would say "doing something and hoping it feels good", i do have a plan, and a fair bit of experience, thanks bud.

"if not, when some guys(like me) see that kinda car, we will just laugh in our mind, thinking.. wat the heck.. no offence

suggestion: save some more and spend on a proper set of imported rim, made OTHER THAN china or thai or indo.. that will bring more liveliness to the car"

ANSWER: Thanks for the rim suggestion, but i will have to decline, im pulling away from the bling bing-i wana be in a mtv music video look. Thats what i did with my explorer last year - $20,000 just in mods, rims, bagged, trim, exhaust the works. Im going for a more sleek look with a Classy bodykit, sleek rims, nice exhaust system and maybey scissor doors. Ive seen some sleek cars on the net with scissor doors, without looking too much like a mtv rice burner.

Reply on the negative suggeston: "save some more money buying some proper rims other than china etc etc" ....There was a reason for me choosing those rims. I didnt choose them, so you would like them.......they were chosen to fit in with... my.. overall mod plan. So if you dont like them, thats your opinion bud.

But at the end of the day if some "coward" laughs in his car behind locked doors...... - i supose, the receiver copping the sh*t , wont ever know. But if that coward ever decides, he wants to become a "Man" and speaks his mind,.........atleast, when some guy.... (like me) sends him to hospital, even though he will be carrying his teeth in a bag ,he can also carry his dignity as well...no offence.

Overall..... im after some postive feedback dude, literally havent got the time for sledging and negative sh*t :angry: .....but do apreciate the info on the scissor doors. :) Cheers.

Edited by BONDIE

Pics of some cars with scissors doors, not bad i reckon but it is a personal opinion though. Last one is a american camry, different colour, sleeker bodykit, i reckon it would turn out good. again per opion.

Edited by BONDIE

That looks Sweet... U should definitely go on with it..

How much is it again? 2 bad this mods dont suit my current mods..

That looks Sweet... U should definitely go on with it..

How much is it again? 2 bad this mods dont suit my current mods..

scissor doors will probably cost me about $1000, (thats if the american camry and aurion are the same.) Ill have to chase up some specs. Ive just have to chase up a good bodykit, something not to boxy. Id be happy with the total 5k or under.

wondering how can u get it for $1k when it is sold $1.7k in their website? and not including postage..?

reading at their website, and seeing it has gas shock, likely to be good quality vertical doors..

actually more interested with that body kit lolz.. where to get that..

wondering how can u get it for $1k when it is sold $1.7k in their website? and not including postage..?

reading at their website, and seeing it has gas shock, likely to be good quality vertical doors..

actually more interested with that body kit lolz.. where to get that..

Your right its about 1.7k, when i posted this forum, i couldnt remember the exact price, and couldn't be f*cked getting back on the website to find it, so i rounded down, prob should have rounded up lolz, But yeah its about 1k give or take $700 lolz.

Mate when i find the Bodykit ill let you know, im looking at something similar to the picture , but not as boxy. Ive got 3 countries im looking at, america, asia, or here in aussie. If i can find a professional dealer in aus i go with that (support out boys here first). If i find one in america i get it freighted, but if i find something in Asia, im gonna have to take a holiday and get it, because im not getting very good feedback over the phone, language barrier. It would help if my misses was Thai not flippino. But hey i can't complain, shes a cool chick.

Ive gotta take a trip to NSW and sort out some sh*t out, but hopefully after that, i can find something within the next month. Ill keep you posted on how i go.

trying to look for a kit myself as i hv got some saving to be spent.. found the same in vegascustoms, and another in indo.. still waiting for their reply on price and posting. Beware thou, i found that the back and side will fit, but some front is different. Look at the front headlight, so some modding might have to be done. simply coz they are supposed to be on camry.

All this talk of importing body kits n such. Surely if you want to spend the dosh, wouldnt it work out cheaper and more efficient to just get a custom job here in AUS. Atleast your guaranteed of fitment

All this talk of importing body kits n such. Surely if you want to spend the dosh, wouldnt it work out cheaper and more efficient to just get a custom job here in AUS. Atleast your guaranteed of fitment

it depends on the level of custom..

-if u are saying to use a kit of other car, and mould onto the aurion, yes then, cheaper

-if u are saying a total custom built from pic to actual mould, and it is a whole bumper not just lip kit, then no, it will be more expensive for a good quality job, which we are talking 10k here. (experience from camry 05, ended up custom lip kit, close to 3.5k + spoiler)

-if i m to import, i will want body kit(not lip), camry and aurion is very similar, if there is some mod to be made to the kit imported, it will be reasonable differences, not major.

reason to not choose the first choice, coz it will be stupid and the design will not suit the car.

trying to look for a kit myself as i hv got some saving to be spent.. found the same in vegascustoms, and another in indo.. still waiting for their reply on price and posting. Beware thou, i found that the back and side will fit, but some front is different. Look at the front headlight, so some modding might have to be done. simply coz they are supposed to be on camry.

Waitin for reply from where? Vega or Indo?

What's the rough estimate?

waiting for both.. indo told me will reply with pic today, but still not received; while vega still no reply..

http://www.101modifiedcars.com/2008/01/07/...6th-generation/

Get this, Naristo body kit..

Problem is, i am not sure HOW SIMILAR is camry 07 in US compare to our aurion.. damn i love that body kit~

The only difference/problem i can see is the front headlight part, shape little different, and also the badge part, a little different again.. other than that, all same.

waiting for both.. indo told me will reply with pic today, but still not received; while vega still no reply..

Where did u go to In Indo?

Send us pic when u get them? Or PM..

I used google to search, the body kit with the scissor door that shown on this topic is called Naristo(best looking for meantime, the black one), there are quite a few suppliers in US who sell, including one person on ebay US. Quoting would be around AUD1k+, still waiting for exact postage..

The indo is recommended by my indo frien, but it is bad that they are slow in replying with the pictures..

Recon the Naristo would look good but will need extra cost to mold onto aurion.. painting from experience will cost another $700+

Will have to discuss with my fiberglassing frien and find out how much will this totally cost.. very excited..

Does anybody know if there is any major differences between the American Camry and the Australian Aurion when comparing doors and front panels? Looking at getting some american bolt on scissor door brackets. They quote that they will bolt on to a american Camry 07 perfectly, does anyone know if this vehicle is the same as the the aurion, and if i will experience any probs.

I would hate to purchase them and get them here and they dont fit properly, as with scissor doors you need a pretty good fit, to seal it from weather elements.

Or does anyone know a coy in Australia that deals with this. Im looking at about $1000.00 at the moment, which involves no welding, straight bolt on. Claims it is the best producer going on the American market. ( But i supose most american coy's claim they are the best and the biggest on their website - scarcasim)

Whatya guys think.

Bondie.

The Aurion is a Camry with a facelift and taillift. They are the same car. Our Camry is a global car, ie. exactly the same as the US Camry, apart from the engine, the US Camry has the V6 3.5, our Camry has the 2.4. Therefore the scissor doors will defnitely bolt onto the Aurion. No modification will be needed.

The Aurion is a Camry with a facelift and taillift. They are the same car. Our Camry is a global car, ie. exactly the same as the US Camry, apart from the engine, the US Camry has the V6 3.5, our Camry has the 2.4. Therefore the scissor doors will defnitely bolt onto the Aurion. No modification will be needed.

wat about the body kit? How much percent are u sure? 90%? 80%? 100%?