Help with LED installing

myztik

Hey all,

Just for starters i have searched the threads to find my answer but unfortunately i only got half of the answer.

Here's my problem;

I'm trying to install some LED lights in replacement to the stock lights you get on your doors. I've managed to take the cover out. but i cannot get the stock globe out and replace it with my new LED lights. Does any one have pictures/steps on how to remove the stock globe and placing the LED light in its place???

all help is appreciated

mikey :D

I would jump in first with some photo's but I'm at work for another 2.5 hours. If someone else doesn't beat me to it (or if you figure it out which you most likely will), I will post photo's here. At least for future reference anyways.

It will depend on the car, I've never played with an Aurion before so I'm not too sure. Generally, you can just pop the cover off the bulb assembly and do it that way, or you may have to lift the edge of your door trim off and get to the bulb from behind. If it's the latter way, you need to turn the bulb and it's holder around approx. 90 degrees and it will just come out.

yea other cars are generally pretty easy...but the aurion is a pain.

so far all ive managed to do is pop the cover open. but the bulb itself is in a housing of some sort and that i cannot get rid off... so dont know how to access the bulb.

ive done mine and the housing that its in doesnt come off straight which might be ur prob. push on the end that the globe is facing (push toward the other end of the housing) this will result in the other end pivoting and the end that you push will come out/pop up then you just pull it out. use force mate, its pretty tight.

sorry if that was ^^^^ hard to follow, cant really explain without seeing it in my hand, daryl will have a photo sure enough

One thing I just learnt was that taking photos of the actual process was harder than the process itself. This is how I go about swapping the bulbs around (4 Aurion's done and counting):

1) First step obviously:

dsc03124hj4.th.jpg

2) I prefer to unplug the light. Useful for when the original bulb is hot and/or you want to remove it as shown in step 4:

dsc03126yv1.th.jpg

3) Then grip onto the light as shown, squeeze (only enough to grip both halves), then pull:

dsc03133hh6.th.jpg dsc03135ne0.th.jpg

4) Easiest way to pop the bulb out is as follows. Useful for when the original incandescent bulb is hot. DO NOT do this without doing step 2. the metal you see there is GND and +12v. You don't really want to short it out accidentally:

dsc03138vd0.th.jpg

5) Then once you are done swapping hte bulb, you can put the housing back together by reversing the steps. Just make sure the lower part (opposite the power connector) is aligned properly as shown. It may take a little force to get it to click back together:

dsc03140en8.th.jpg dsc03142ec9.th.jpg

Edit: Just saw eSEXSIX's response. That is another way to do it as well. Doesn't work when you have larger fitting LED's though as there isn't much clearance when you squeeze it in.

One thing I just learnt was that taking photos of the actual process was harder than the process itself. This is how I go about swapping the bulbs around (4 Aurion's done and counting):

1) First step obviously:

dsc03124hj4.th.jpg

2) I prefer to unplug the light. Useful for when the original bulb is hot and/or you want to remove it as shown in step 4:

dsc03126yv1.th.jpg

3) Then grip onto the light as shown, squeeze (only enough to grip both halves), then pull:

dsc03133hh6.th.jpg dsc03135ne0.th.jpg

4) Easiest way to pop the bulb out is as follows. Useful for when the original incandescent bulb is hot. DO NOT do this without doing step 2. the metal you see there is GND and +12v. You don't really want to short it out accidentally:

dsc03138vd0.th.jpg

5) Then once you are done swapping hte bulb, you can put the housing back together by reversing the steps. Just make sure the lower part (opposite the power connector) is aligned properly as shown. It may take a little force to get it to click back together:

dsc03140en8.th.jpg dsc03142ec9.th.jpg

Edit: Just saw eSEXSIX's response. That is another way to do it as well. Doesn't work when you have larger fitting LED's though as there isn't much clearance when you squeeze it in.

:o :o this kid deserves a good samaritan award every time he posts!! if i could come to you for my services and not void my warranty thats dead set where she would go :D its good to see you take so much effort to help other people on here!! good job once again! :clap:

:o :o this kid deserves a good samaritan award every time he posts!! if i could come to you for my services and not void my warranty thats dead set where she would go :D its good to see you take so much effort to help other people on here!! good job once again! :clap:

You shoulda seen his 20th - free spirits on tap :P