Corolla Fuel guage?

Ey guys, one of our family friends the other day bought a brand new nissan tiida (dont ask lol) anyway, her fuel guage was faulty a week later, with a full tank the needle only went 3 quaters of the way on the guage. The guy at the service dept said this can happen if you leave your acc. on when you fill up. (because everybody does that)

Anyway it got me thinking, seeing as i bought my sportivo 2nd hand i noticed that my fuel light comes on about 2 bars/lines above the E sign, which i think ends up usually having 10-15 litres left in the tank, just curious if this is normal or my guage is just f'ked.

Thanks

My fuel light will go on and off around 35 litres when on a steep hill or going around corners, I've managed to work out that the gauge sender is in the front left side of the tank, as the gauge goes up when facing downhill, and when going around roundabouts really fast.

Will come on solidly at about 40L, and the pump'll starve at about 45 litres on corners or steep uphills. Most I've ever put in is 47L, for a 50L tank that's cutting it _very_ fine.

just out of curiousity, how big is the corollas fuel tank.

last time the light came on i filled up and it only took like 42 litres or so.

i was under the impression it was only 45 litres.

Sportivo has a 60L tank.. so i assume a regualar ascent/conquest/seca would be the same

i find that hard to believe as to why the light should come on if there is another 20 litres left.

A bit off topic in regards to the empty indicator light, but most cars will always have quite a bit of fuel left when the needle points to empty. I think this is more of a safety precaution just in case. My Aurion, my old Camry, my sister's Mazda, and Dad's Hyundai are the same. As an example, when my Aurion shows empty and the cruising range says 0km, I can drive at least another 80km before refueling. I estimated it to be around 10 litres extra, which seems to be the same with my sister's car. That amount of fuel seems a little too much in my opinion.

just out of curiousity, how big is the corollas fuel tank.

last time the light came on i filled up and it only took like 42 litres or so.

i was under the impression it was only 45 litres.

Sportivo has a 60L tank.. so i assume a regualar ascent/conquest/seca would be the same

i find that hard to believe as to why the light should come on if there is another 20 litres left.

Ok after doing some research... Sportivo Corolla has a 60L capacity and the regular 1zzfe Corolla has a 55l capacity.

1zzfe Corolla Press Kit

2zzge Corolla Press Kit

I have a 2004 ascent sports rolla hatch. now according to the manual the rolla has a 50litre tank. try as i might the most i have ever filled is about 40 litres. Is this just me or is the same for the rest you guys.
It should be 55 litres, The fuel warning light usually comes on with 10 litres left in the tank.
ascent sedan 2003 manual says 55 litres but the

most i have pumped in is 40-45 litres

the light to indicate to refuel goes on very early and you can drive around a lot still.

hey... i drive a 2004 corolla levin. it says 55litres in the manual book and it starts over-filling when i reach around 40litres on the petrol pump?

probably because we already have 5-10litres already left in the tank itself.

hey... i drive a 2004 corolla levin. it says 55litres in the manual book and it starts over-filling when i reach around 40litres on the petrol pump?

probably because we already have 5-10litres already left in the tank itself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh that happens to me too, i guess its just a saftely issue that toyota chucked in, by having 10 - 15 L left when the yellow light turns on, it usually stops people driving it to empty coz they realise they haveta fill up, driving to empty isn't very good for your injectors let alone your engine.

Melvin

That being said - you should get 100km from empty :o?

Ey guys, one of our family friends the other day bought a brand new nissan tiida (dont ask lol) anyway, her fuel guage was faulty a week later, with a full tank the needle only went 3 quaters of the way on the guage. The guy at the service dept said this can happen if you leave your acc. on when you fill up. (because everybody does that)

Anyway it got me thinking, seeing as i bought my sportivo 2nd hand i noticed that my fuel light comes on about 2 bars/lines above the E sign, which i think ends up usually having 10-15 litres left in the tank, just curious if this is normal or my guage is just f'ked.

Thanks

The Nissan Tidda has a cronic fuel guage problem of which the indicator will never ever ever touch "Full". U can fill it up till it over flows and it will never happen. Nothing to do with air-con and crap but just the way the car is from factory.

As for the 1ZZ corollas, the fuel tank are 55 liters and the Sportivos are 60 liters. I have always ignored the light and try to fill up as close to tight **** tuesdays as possible as I know there will be plenty left in the tank when the light first come on. The indicator is only a guide. You would of course use your best judgement :) but there should be at least 10 - 15 liters in the tank from when the light first come on.

Recently, I filled up 58 liters in my sportivo. That was fun! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo::toast: :toast: :toast: