WSID 31-8-05 and/or 21-9-05

Toymods are heading out to WSID on 31-8-05 and 21-9-05 - nights...

I'm looking to go to one or both of these events to put some times down and get a bit of practice in before I get the Exhaust fitted (my 1st time on the strip!!!) and also now my clutch is 'improved' (but still not perfect)

from what I understand they are trying to organise for private, priority staging lanes for members (and guests I guess) to got the most runs in. I'd like to get a few more rollas out there so I don't have to always be up against the Supras and Cressidas... and we can set up a few 'grudge' matches... :D :D :D

ill be there in the 31st, with the rolla. Should have new tyres by then.

Im also should have the celica and its new diff ready for the 21st

The private lane thing will only happen with a decent turnout, im not sure on what the exact numbers they need are though

The private lane thing will only happen with a decent turnout, im not sure on what the exact numbers they need are though

yep... trying to get a few more rollas involved so the private lane does happen!!! :D

Very interested. Both dates sound good. Would prefer the 29th though....

I would be intersted, what time would it be on the 31st night, and roughly what time you leaving the W'gong Dylan? It's my mon's b'day that day and i work evening shift!! But i can get the shift swapped to day shift, mom's b'day hmmm, i'll try to think of something :P ALso gotta think of getting a helmet or can we rent them at WSID?

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Would be leaving Wollongong about 3-3:30 to get up there some time around 5pm

If you want to go helmet shopping, let me know cos I'm going to buy one too :)

Any motorbike store would sell them just don't but second hand cos you don't know if it's been dropped of not.

You cannot rent helmets at WSID from what I understand.

visit the toymods thread for more info... Toymods WSID dates and info...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

WSID - Off Street Drag Racing

Wed 31st August and 21st September

Starting from ~4pm

Competitor and spectator gates opening at 5pm with racing from 6pm until 10pm.

Wicked Wednesdays are held each and every Wednesday night all year round. (Except Jan 26 – Australia Day).

The cost is $45 to race and $15 to spectate with children under 12 FREE.

Gates open for competitors from 5pm

Scrutineering from 5pm until 7.30pm (unless 200 car quota

filled before 7.30pm)

Racing from 6pm until 10pm

Gates open for spectators at 5pm

Entry: Spectators $15

Children under 12 admitted free

Competitors: $45

Important Items to bring:

Current Drivers Licence

Rego paper for the vehicle (if the vehicle is not registered to you, authorisation from owner, and rego papers)

Remember - NO REGO PAPERS NO RACE

Long sleeved shirt and pants

Helmet

Who is interested in going??

If we have some decent interest, we can arrange with the WSID organisers to have our own staging lane set up!! This means we can race against each other and get an almost "priority" treatment on the night!!!

GRUDGE MATCHES!!!

Edited by Blue_Stivo

hmmm definatly interested

what nights are you going dylan and Zee

also i have a motocross helmet does that pass or does it have to be a car racing helmet

also i wanna get my fog light taken ou for the night anyone know how this is done i havent actually had a look yet so i dont know how hard or easy it is

going on the 31st August, next Wednesday night

If you jack up the front l/h side you will see a small panel in front of the wheel in the underbody.

There are s screws and a pop plug holding it in.

Take them out and lower this panel.

Then unplug the wires that connect the foggies and there should be some press clamps that hold it in.

The just pop the lights out.

This is for the pre facelift anyway, it may (most definately will be) different for the facelift ones though

This is NEXT WEDNESDAY guys

WSID = Western Sydney International Dragway

(this is right next to Eastern Creek Raceway for those that may not know)

My G/F will be out to take some pics of the cars too as they zoom down the track if anyone is interested.

damn you Zee i was really looking forward to racing you

oh and dylan too but your still going so its cool

look ill most likely be coming like 95% sure so what do i need to know

where can i meet you dylan and anything else you can think of example toymods do i need to let anyone know cus we are going as apart of them arent we

cheers

oh also i have a motocross helmet open face is that good enough to pass to race with

cheers

Not sure about the helmet as I think it needs to be closed face btu don't quote me on that. The Toymods site has a link to the WSID rules, it may be in there...

Toymods have invited anyone from here to join in for the day to get a few more Corollas out there, or else it will be a procession of Cressidas. Tou can register and post your intention to race there so they know how many to expect to assist in organising a private staging lane.

just tell them you are from here and they'll know who you are...

As far as a place to meet goes you are coming from the opposite direction as Dave and myself so some where close to Eastern Creek would be good, such as just off the M4. I don't know that area at all so maybe some one else would know a good place. The twin servos are out though as they are passed the turn off...

damn you Zee i was really looking forward to racing you

oh and dylan too but your still going so its cool

look ill most likely be coming like 95% sure so what do i need to know

where can i meet you dylan and anything else you can think of example toymods do i need to let anyone know cus we are going as apart of them arent we

cheers

oh also i have a motocross helmet open face is that good enough to pass to race with

cheers

Well Justin we can always race some other time hey, i'm always up for it B) So come on Dylan show Justin the pre-facelift is better! :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

lol its on haha

hey im gonna change my oil before the night as ive only done 4000km so it hasnt been done yet from the warranty service but i wanna do it before i go out racing they arent really gonna know i changed the oil are they and void my warranty i wont change the filter or anything ill just drain it then fill it again just a basic change better than no change at all

no :huh: , even if they knew you changed your oil they wouldn't care.

in all my cars i change the oil every 5000km and filter, toyota really wouldn't care.

in the event that something did happen to ur engine, as long as u have correct grade oil for the engine and u havn't done anything really stupid while doing it, ur warranty is fine

sounds good im gonna do my oil change tomoz then i have an RDO anyways so i gotta a whole day to waste at home on my own anyway

also as for WED ill let you know by tuesday so dylan could you PM me for an alternate way to contact you so we can organise somethnig for before hand like meeting up or whatever

cheers

hey guys i just found out that the Street Commodores is gonna be there this wednesday too so it should be a real good turn out hehe

might give some of us a chance to show some people what the toyotas are made

of

:D

anyways oil change is done so im happy now but ill confirm my appearance tomoz

cheers guys

Meet spot is up...

Blacktown maccas at 4.30pm

Those coming from the south like me, it could be worthwhile to have a small group gather at 4pm at the Woolworths petrol station on the Cumberland Highway

(opposite Liverpool Krispy Kream's)

hey guys sorry but something slightly more important has come up well i was expecting it thats why i was gonna confirm my apearance today anyway

ill be going down sometime in the next few weeks instead anyways so ill still have a time sheet to fall back on

have fun guys kill the commodores LOL and post up your time sheets

the organiser at WSID has a booked lane for street commodores and toymods so i feel sorry for everybody else who is just turning up on there own LOL they might not get a run haha