sportivo option springs

sportiyo

In a word yes, but it depends on how much you pay for them.

they are certainly not worth what you pay at Toyota for them. But if you manage to get them for the price of kings, I'd go them over kings.

They do not lower at much as king lows, but they are more responsive and will age better.

All lowering springs will eventually wear out ur shocks faster, but at least with the toyota ones, perhaps some kind of warantycan be negotiated.

instead of paying 500 for springs and then 1000 for new shocks when your old ones kark it, as well as two sets of labour - buy some coilovers. It is a much more pracitcal option - and while more exepnsive upfront - you will end up paying less over the life of the coilovers.

TEIN super wagons can be had and fitted for around 1600 bucks. I STRONGLY reccomend you choose this option :)

another option, kings springs and set of koni adjustable shocks for just over $1200 IMO this would be a better option then the teins, you could also swap the low kings out for some super lows (65mm drop).

They're good and a good compromise between comfort/handling, they're also reasonable well suited to the stock shockers.

They're not just that low though, only about 25mm. Look at my car pics to give you an idea.

the reason i ask is because i have about 400 sitting around and i recently found out that toyota have optional springs for the corollas(yes i am a bit slow :) ) and i thought that if toyota are only selling the springs then the stock shocks must be ok with the optional springs, i want to lower the car because sportivo is too tall, but i dont want a crunchier ride because i have a very young daughter, but i dont have enuf cash for coilies plus i dont goto track, but if the optional springs doesnt lower the car much and it kills the shocks faster than i might just forget about it :) , thanks for the useful replies though :)

• 4 months later...

the reason i ask is because i have about 400 sitting around and i recently found out that toyota have optional springs for the corollas(yes i am a bit slow :) ) and i thought that if toyota are only selling the springs then the stock shocks must be ok with the optional springs, i want to lower the car because sportivo is too tall, but i dont want a crunchier ride because i have a very young daughter, but i dont have enuf cash for coilies plus i dont goto track, but if the optional springs doesnt lower the car much and it kills the shocks faster than i might just forget about it :) , thanks for the useful replies though :)

I have the optioned sportivo springs on mine at the moment (until the d2s arrive) and the cornering is alot better even with a car load, and the bumps arent to harsh with the 17''. but if i were you (with only $400 to spend) id go the king springs, lower ride and just as comfy. i had them on a previous car and was happy.

• 4 weeks later...

and i recently found out that toyota have optional springs for the corollas(yes i am a bit slow :) )

Don't be so harsh on yourself, I have been looking recently to buy a new Corolla and have had two dealers tell me that there are no suspension options available

and i recently found out that toyota have optional springs for the corollas(yes i am a bit slow :) )

Don't be so harsh on yourself, I have been looking recently to buy a new Corolla and have had two dealers tell me that there are no suspension options available

thats why you never listen to a car dealer, they dont know what there talking about most of the time :blink: . better of finding out the questions you want answered your self. like coming here :D

thats why you never listen to a car dealer, they dont know what there talking about most of the time :blink: . better of finding out the questions you want answered your self. like coming here :D

I agree thoroughly today I taught one of them about Cold Air Induction

Another thing to keep in mind, apparently the optional Sportivo springs (made by/for Toyota in Australia) for the Corolla are not the same as the TRD Sportivo Springs (made in Japan).