Headunit for toyota camry altise

freshaltise08

Mate, just google dvd gps for Camry and you got heaps of units. The installation maybe tedious (i got mine installed from the reseller - Sydney). You get what you paid for, GPS, DVD (single only), Reverse Camera, Bluetooth handsfree, etc.

Avoid the Chinese cr@ppers off eBay, they are absolute junk.

OP, stick with a genuine unit or get a decent name brand aftermarket unit. There are one or 2 genuine "2011 AVN" headunits on eBay from time to time (from private sellers, avoid the dealers, they want too much for them), you need to look carefully. The unit you want is similar to this;

16cvf-yaris-ng-satellite-navigation-300x

The next thing to look out for is the part number. The ending digit refers to the illumination colour. You'll need green illumination to match your 50 series Camry illumination colour - green = PZQ60 00535. Cheapest I've seen one go for was around $450. Generally they'll sell for around $600-$700. The best thig about these is they are plug and play, no modifications required to the wiring whatsoever. 50 series Camrys utilise the newer plugs for stereos, particularly the antenna block connector instead of the old school coax connector.

You'll also need a new fascia - 200mm wide gap to suit 200mm Toyota headunits, part number = 55420 06050. Order from a Toyota dealer, should be around $60 retail.

If you want to go aftermarket, as I said before, stick with a name brand. I've fitted a Sony XAV-701BT to my wife's '12 plate Camry Hybrid, but a fair bit of modification is required. 180mm gap fascia from Metra in the US, along with wiring adapters, antenna adapter, Axxess ASWC steering wheel control interface. Yes it was a major mission, but we installed this unit to utilise MirrorLink to mirror our phone screens. Basically gives us Google Maps (or your favourite map app) plus just about everything else on the screen.

Edited by pinzvidz

I used to have the eBay units in my Camry ,it was out of the car within one week loll replaced with this Toyota unit :D ,I had to buy 2 different harness from Toyota

waq1z9.jpg

2uf6bs2.jpg

I too have a $350 ish unit and it works well, for what i need it for,

That toyota unit sorry to say but it does not look good, does not look like it belongs there to be honnest. Very aftermarket looking.

Same here. Put the chinese ebay unit from Easydeals in my car 3 years ago and it is still going strong. Can update the maps whenever I was watch DVDs play the music from the phone and so on. Original unit may be standard part number but you aint getting your moneys worth from them. And it only cost 300 bucks (got cheap auction) Everything plugged in factory wiring.

If possible see it working first as I will admit sometimes the software being used can be a bit sluggish depending on who you get it from. There are quite a few discussions on these in other threads as well for people that do have them

This is later version. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-2-Toyota-GPS-Corolla-Yaris-Prado-Hilux-Kluger-Rav4-Camry-/251222559466?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7e080aea

I used to have the eBay units in my Camry ,it was out of the car within one week loll replaced with this Toyota unit :D ,I had to buy 2 different harness from Toyota

That toyota unit sorry to say but it does not look good, does not look like it belongs there to be honnest. Very aftermarket looking.

I will agree on that it doesn't not look the best it would be nice if it was silver ,don't get me wrong but you cant compare this unit to the eBay ones your way off

first the sound quality is 10x better then the eBay unit and never lags like then old unit I had, there are too many things to list that are much better

am not saying the eBay units cant do the job there just not the best

at the end you get what you pay for.

I will agree on that it doesn't not look the best it would be nice if it was silver ,don't get me wrong but you cant compare this unit to the eBay ones your way off

first the sound quality is 10x better then the eBay unit and never lags like then old unit I had, there are too many things to list that are much better

am not saying the eBay units cant do the job there just not the best

at the end you get what you pay for.

Have no idea who you got yours from but mine sounds better than the standard one in the Aurions sounds just as good as a mates who has the genuine Toyota unit and does way more things. So I guess you are right as you get what you pay for but if you check it out first there are some really good ones out there that don't ask for ridiculous money and don't charge a fortune just to update the maps in them as well.

It doesnt look loke it wont be the right fit for my car.......my car is camry altise 2012 and not aurion

It doesnt look loke it wont be the right fit for my car.......my car is camry altise 2012 and not aurion

Spot on. That unit is suited for an Aurion, but these dopey sellers keep advertising that the units will fit Australian market Camrys, when in fact, they won't. The Asian and Russian Camrys are similar to the Aurion, this is why these things keep popping up on eBay. Same goes with things like fog lamps, light assemblies and so forth. All different to the Australian Camry.

OP, please refer back to my earlier post, stick with the genuine stuff, you can't go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I must be blind.... I cant find the info on the forum so maybe someone here can help?

I've a 2008 Camry Altise, am curious if there's an input somewhere hidden that I can plug my iPod into?

either a USB slot or 1/4 aux jack?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

I must be blind.... I cant find the info on the forum so maybe someone here can help?

I've a 2008 Camry Altise, am curious if there's an input somewhere hidden that I can plug my iPod into?

either a USB slot or 1/4 aux jack?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

By memory, the Altise in '08 did not have an aux or USB input at all, not until the facelift in late '09 anyway. You're better off doing what sportivo2007 did with theirs.

• 3 months later...

I have just purchased an identical unit and connected it up. It powers up but no audio. Let me know if you know the two harness that are needed. Hopefully that will rectify the issue. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just purchased an identical unit and connected it up. It powers up but no audio. Let me know if you know the two harness that are needed. Hopefully that will rectify the issue. Thanks guys.

Hi bro, I got exactly same problem. How is your gps? Is it good now? Canvyou share your solution pls? Thanks alot