Corolla 09 Stupid beeping noise

Hey Does anyone know how to turn off the beeping noise in the corolla 09,

e.g when driving and the seatbelt is not worn by the passenger or driver......( i tend to not wear a seatbelt whilst looking for a car park....i have a swipe card carpark access at work and cause of the turning angle i have to take the seatbelt off and lean out of the window to swipe the card then i drive off and it fkin starts beeping!)

another e.g when i turn the car off with the keys still in the ignition then i open the car door it starts beeping.

i have tried the car manual for instructions and websites but theres nothing on it

I have driven the car while its beeping hoping that it would eventually stop however it doesnt and the sound changes to a MORE ANNOYING BEEPING SOUND with each beep lasting longer!

Can some1 help?!

Its a safety device thats best not to be tampered with... wear your belt, and you'll have no beeping.

the beeping when you open the door however, is to let you know that you left the keys in the ignition... so you don't forget or leave the car switched on overnight, and same goes for your headlights.

Evo

e.g when driving and the seatbelt is not worn by the passenger or driver......( i tend to not wear a seatbelt whilst looking for a car park....i have a swipe card carpark access at work and cause of the turning angle i have to take the seatbelt off and lean out of the window to swipe the card then i drive off and it fkin starts beeping!)

another e.g when i turn the car off with the keys still in the ignition then i open the car door it starts beeping.

i have tried the car manual for instructions and websites but theres nothing on it

I have driven the car while its beeping hoping that it would eventually stop however it doesnt and the sound changes to a MORE ANNOYING BEEPING SOUND with each beep lasting longer!

Can some1 help?!

If u driving without the seatbelt 4 more than 2 or 3 mins, the beeping will off.

Well actually i think when u reached above 10-15kph it starts to beep and when i have a passenger n if they havnt put on their belt it starts beeping, So theres no way around this?.......what an annoying feature...btw its not that im driving around town without a belt (which should not be advised), i only take it off when i swipe the card to enter the carpark and it take less than 2 mins to find a park its a pain in the ***** to put the belt back on....especially when ur in a rush.

it only beeps if u drive faster than 20km/h. if it beeps it means you haven't gotten your seat belt on whilst you're driving at a significant speed. why would u be swiping your card for work parking over that speed? :|

At least you don't have to contend with the damn beeping noise when in reverse gear on the sportivos. I'm been wanting to disable that haha

I don't even notice the beep any more. Play around with the electronics with the key in the ignition and the door open for a few hours and you soon tune it out. But yes, it can be disabled.

i think it can be disabled for our zre's. but i think we have to go to a toyota dealer to get it disabled..

take a look at our car manual, at the back under "customizing settings" or something similar. :)

the aount of times that beeping while in reverse has saved me... from reversing into people at traffic lights is ridiculous...

yes its an effort to get into reverse in the first place, but on a sleepy morning, i fall into habit... generally everytime i start my car from a stand still IE: from parked... i need to select reverse... force of habit i guess.

God Bless the beep!

Its a safety feature.

Car park or not, speeds can still get up to 30 - 40KM/h believe it or not.

Wear your safety belt. It saves lives.

Else just blast the music. That should fix it.

It amazes me how lazy people can be.

My car beeps if I go faster than 25km/h while the seatbelt is unbuckled as well. To be honest, I rarely hear that sound because I have gotten into the habit of putting my seatbelt on whenever I get into the car, even if it's just to re-park it a few spaces down or something similar.

Else just blast the music. That should fix it.

That seems to solve a lot of issues, especially creaks and rattles.

Can some1 help?!

The majority of new cars that have the audible reminder for the seat belt consists of Two switches. One is located in the seat, the other is gernerally located in the seatbelt catch. Have a look under you seat, you should see a small wiring harness, find where it connects to on the seat and remove it. Make sure if you have an electronic seat, that you dont remove the wiring for the seat position, height, tilt heating etc..

This switch should be a normally Open (N0) switch, that is when you sit on the seat it closes, if you find you have removed the correct wiring and the beeping continues with out you sitting on the seat, you will need to short the two wires together.

WARNING: As this is a safety requirement, and it is fitted to your vehicle, any modification to this could result in a defect sticker, or even prevent you getting your CTP in states where you need to take the car for CTP inspection

The majority of new cars that have the audible reminder for the seat belt consists of Two switches. One is located in the seat, the other is gernerally located in the seatbelt catch. Have a look under you seat, you should see a small wiring harness, find where it connects to on the seat and remove it. Make sure if you have an electronic seat, that you dont remove the wiring for the seat position, height, tilt heating etc..

This switch should be a normally Open (N0) switch, that is when you sit on the seat it closes, if you find you have removed the correct wiring and the beeping continues with out you sitting on the seat, you will need to short the two wires together.

WARNING: As this is a safety requirement, and it is fitted to your vehicle, any modification to this could result in a defect sticker, or even prevent you getting your CTP in states where you need to take the car for CTP inspection

To the OP, I would highly recommend that you DO NOT follow this procedure, basically as advised in that last sentence.

If you want to disable your seat-belt warning chime, take it into Toyota and ask them to turn this feature off. It can be done via the ECU, just bear in mind that if you ever disconnect your battery, it will restore back to default which is on.

In cars equipped with airbags, the seat-belt buckle switch is tied in with the SRS system. Tampering with this is essentially the same as tampering with the SRS system which can either reduce it's effectiveness and/or invalidate warranty/insurance in a worst-case scenario.

In cars equipped with airbags, the seat-belt buckle switch is tied in with the SRS system. Tampering with this is essentially the same as tampering with the SRS system which can either reduce it's effectiveness and/or invalidate warranty/insurance in a worst-case scenario.

The same is true of the seat sensor. There is no point letting an airbag off to that seat if no one is in it ;)

• 2 months later...

Can some1 help?!

1. Beeping noise is activated when you unclip your seatbelt. It is a safety feature to remind drivers to put your seatbelt on when your operating your car.

2. Beeping noise activated when car keys is left in the ignition with your door open. It is another a friendly reminder for drivers to take their keys with them just in case they end up locking themselves out of the car. Furthermore, it reduces the risk of getting your car stolen and insurance may not cover it as you negligently left the cars keys in the car for it to be stolen.

These beeping sound are there for a reason, even though some ppl find it quite annoying.