Silver-Aurion's Ride *UPDATE: 04/10/13 page 4!*

Silver-Aurion

So I thought I should make my car its own thread instead of posting in the what did you do to your car thread each time and keep it all here in one place.

Here's few pictures which are the only decent ones of the Aurion. I will take better ones once I can be bothered getting my mate to take a few snaps with his new SLR.

Untitled.png

gg.png

weblarge.jpg

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Today was a good day for me until crap fell onto my floor mat. My UR front strut bar was delivered so I was pretty excited about that. I wish I didn't get so happy because every time I'm in a good mood, something ruins it <_< .

So long story short, my cousins car battery died so I drove down to supercheap to pick up a battery for him and take it to his car as he was stuck on the side of the road.

Everything was fine UNTIL I picked up the battery from my rear seat and as I picked it up the lead acid from the battery spilt out onto my floor mat and some of it got onto the actual carpet as well :( :( :(

Here is the result:

crapp.jpg

I don't care about the floor mat as much because that can be thrown in the bin and a new one can one put in it's place, but some of the acid falling onto the cars actual carpet really upset me and ****** me off heaps! I tried to patch it up as much as I can but still unhappy it happened. :angry:

HUGE lesson learnt I guess.

I'm more shocked that you carried the car battery on your car seat.

It was completely noob me of me to do. I would have never known this or even know that it would have spilt out from the small breath holes on the top of the caps. Like I said, lesson learnt the hard way <_<.

Nah but luckily it wasn't on the leather seats, I shudder to think what would have happened if it was. I put the battery on the floor of the rear behind the drivers side.

• 1 month later...

Nice shots, I like the second one, right under the bolte bridge, very pro...

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. The first shot would have been nice but that is the only good one that came out. What ever I tried they kept coming out blurry on the SLR because I didn't have a tripod. Oh well, I'll be more prepared next time :)

Nice shots, I like the second one, right under the bolte bridge, very pro...

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. The first shot would have been nice but that is the only good one that came out. What ever I tried they kept coming out blurry on the SLR because I didn't have a tripod. Oh well, I'll be more prepared next time :)

Tripod plus 5-10 second exposure time would be hot B)

Looking good! When are you going to pull your finger out and come to one of our meets?? :lol:

Haha thank you tash :D. I'll come one day :P. I'm just being lazy now :whistling:

Lol!! You are most definitely being lazy :lol: What are you doing Sunday? Come up our way and have a cruise - its going to be an awesome day!

• 8 months later...

What are you doing Sunday? Come up our way and have a cruise - its going to be an awesome day!

:whistling:

hehehe car printer, :P

i bought the same speakers as you ! :g: i think, well same design.,

Hope you used a proper wiring kit for the amp!

I don't suppose you'll be using that printer to print a few stickers/decals for the car?

Just your everyday run of the mill audioline wiring kit from JB hifi. I have to say, last time I bought the audioline wiring kit was about 4 years ago for my first car. And now buying the kit again 4 years later the cables have changed a lot. IMO way more quality than what they were 4 years ago.

haha, no. No decals :P.

• 1 month later...

Nice work mate,like what you have done with the parcelshelf :clap:

the H/Unit facia seems to fit very nicely but imo there seems to be a little to much silver,the shape seems to highlight it,looks like the black vent facia edging could continue down thru your H/Unit facia all the way to the bottom,might even the shape up a bit more...just my opinion mate,you should be wrapped with how it all turned out,congrats and hopefully we will see you and your Aurion at a meet this year :D

Cheers

Lee

• 8 months later...

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

DSCN4165.jpg

My new system! 400RMS Kicker mono block amp, 4 channel Kicker amp and my brand spanking new 1400w Pioneer sub! Pumps hard :D.

Got rid of the Kicker sub. way too weak for a sedan. My mate has the same kicker sub as I had but in a hatchback. Pumps really good but of course it would in a hatch back but for the Aurion once you closed the boot the sub would sound ***** weak and underpowered. This new pioneer is worlds better than the Kicker I had. Definitely a good choice for the Aurion :).

Had it all installed thanks to a good mate of mine. Definitely something like this requires two brains and extra two pair of hands, lol. I made do with the left over cable from my initial set-up.

Oh yeah, but anyway, if you know anyone who wants the Kicker sub PM me :)..

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Today I went and ran all speaker cables and another RCA cable I bought from Supercheap (Sony brand) from the wiring harness to the amp and followed DJKOR's wiring guide and everything turned out to be a success. I can safely say that I am using the front STOCK speakers with an amp and what a big difference! Way louder than having the fronts connected directly to the HU. Pretty damn proud of myself, I did it all without any help at all. Took me about 4 hours in total but had absolutely no trouble what so ever.

In total, all four speakers are running off the 4 channel amp and and the sub running off the mono block. The system is LOUD! haha :D .

Running the front stock speakers is not bad at all TBH, decent bass and treble and very loud. It satisfies me but I just need to be careful not to pop them as I heard running stockies they pop easy, but another excuse to buy new front speakers :lol:

Now all I need to do is install the Dynamat in the boot when that comes this week and I'll take some snaps if anyone interested :)

Edited by Silver-Aurion

IMG_1877_zps3d6f0846.jpg

Bit dodgy on the bottom but once the carpet was back on I went around with a sharp stanley knife and sits perfectly flush.

Also put heaps under the boot, around the spare tyre and rear bumper by taking the black scuff cover off.

Doesn't stop rattles 100% as the whole car shakes and rattles with the bass up but it really does make a difference on the inside of the car and also did dramatically reduce boot rattle. Gotta be happy with that :).

IMG_1878_zpsd5b345b2.jpg

My first exterior decal :lol:

• 2 weeks later...