AE95 Corolla 4WD Pimp Wagon - Now with Anger!

eviltwin

After the decision to sell the Corolla Sportivo ive owned for the past 3 years ive decided to do something ive been wanting to do for ages.....play with a wagon!

1991 Toyota Corolla AE95R XL 4WD Wagon

Engine: 4AFE - 262,000km on the clock and still running like a boss.

- A/C

-P/S

-Recent Timing Belt

Driveline: Standard 4WD setup with 5 speed gearbox

-New Clutch

Body: Gunmetal Grey Duco

- Roofracks

Interior: Base model cloth interior - reasonable order but very very dirty

-Factory Roof Mounted Rear Speakers

I bought the car from a property out in Officer Victoria, When i first saw it I couldn't believe how dirty it was inside and out.

After a quick drive and a really good look over the whole thing I decided that I'd offer $500 for the car, which was accepted and thus making her mine!

We drove the car back to my place some 65km's away and found that the A/C works quite well and the only real issue with the car as it sits is the alignment as it just fights itself at 100k on the freeway.

All in all im stoked with how much the cars cleaned up after some handy work , given it a good wash and vac along with attacking it with a mates high pressure washer.

Plans: Slam the pants out of it and fit a set of 16" Rota flashbacks, Clean it right up and put a nicer SX interior in it.

For now I won't be playing with it until ive sold the Sportivo and put rego on it.. hopefully in the coming weeks.

Enjoy!

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Edited by eviltwin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dude , they are a versatile little car with the diff lock etc , would be boss with a GZE or something in it but one step at a time !

I have a friend who owns a white one of these, even has the same roof racks, It has 165000kms and runs like a dream. Recently snapped the timing belt at 80kph, but I put a new one on and it started up straight away with no probs

Looks good for what you paid for it. It should clean up well, there's a few nicely modded AE95's going around, should not be too hard for you to join the ranks.

If you go GZE/GTE, it would probably be a good idea to convert to FWD, the 4WD gearboxes in these are a bit on the fragile side.

really? they run an E series box that is from the same family as a 4AGZE box or a celica GT4 , they are twice as strong as a C series FWD box.. not sure where your information comes from but it's so incorrect it's not funny , cheers for the kind words though!

E series boxes are made of stone! unlike alot of other 4WD gear boxes... TX3 and GTiR are made of glass and Subaru has a very weak 5th

This family of boxes rarely have issues.. she'll be right! :)

Looks good for what you paid for it. It should clean up well, there's a few nicely modded AE95's going around, should not be too hard for you to join the ranks.

If you go GZE/GTE, it would probably be a good idea to convert to FWD, the 4WD gearboxes in these are a bit on the fragile side.

I think you're thinking of the Z-series in the AL25 Tercel (ie the predecessor to the AE95). They have a gearbox made of glass and straw.

There are inherent problems with running a GZE in an AE95 though as Kebin found out, the supercharger sits just where the vacuum actuator/solenoid is for the centre diff so requires some creative modification (of course, going turbo would get rid of that). Not all A-series blocks have the notch in the right spot either and require some grinding to fit the 4WD gearbox, from memory 20v silvertops are fine.

And what would be the point of having an AE95 and only using it FWD? The 4WD system is one of things that helps overcome some of the awkward styling points :P

That's where I went wrong, I thought these used the same gearboxes as the tercels.

Totally different drivetrain, AL25s have a north-south engine, AE95s are east-west...

• 3 weeks later...

So basically.. sold my sportivo and started a new job and have had little time to do stuff but... Apart form lots of work on the AE82 ive bought some goodies for the wagon:

New H/D Front Shocks

New VR/VS Commodore wagon short rear stroke shocks

Cmaber bolts - Coming

New wheel nuts - coming

2010 Prado 6 stack double din head unit with bluetooth - couldn't say no at $100

New wheels - 15X7 +20 offset Nemotos - bargain price.. could not refuse...

Uni boots for the steering rack..

All it needs that i can tell is a windscreen for a roadworthy so thats next.. along with going and grabbing some falcon springs for the rear and something for the front so i can make her kiss the road :)

Pics of Said wheels trial fitted:

2012-04-27182746.jpg

2012-04-28092702.jpg

2012-04-28092952.jpg

2012-04-28093012.jpg

2012-04-28093031.jpg

2012-04-28094604.jpg

2012-04-28094641.jpg

2012-04-28094716.jpg

2012-04-28094738.jpg

Stay tuned!

I was thinking about checking out the jdmst eomm tonight if the weather holds, haven't been to any meets for ages!

yeah it has the lip - i've decided I prefer the S2 version and will never need the S1 anymore, bit rough - def needs a bit of work to get it looking good again though.

Just remembered I posted it in the parts section on tc.org.au ages ago - pics should still be up if u wanna check it

Edited by Bristowe

was gunna go to the JDMST meet but i dunno if i can be bothered with all the Herrafrush homos to be honest..

haha I know I know.... :wacko:

As for the bar/lip - I'll pm ya