xv40 heated mirror possibility?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has done a heated mirror mod/install on a xv40 aurion before?

I have an 08 aurion sportivo, and in the colder months the mirrors fog up so bad to where i can't see a thing at all so id like to install heated mirrors if its possible, can be either a direct replacement or a diy kit, i do electrical work for a living so wiring is not an issue at all for me :) just like to know if its been done before

Thanks in advance,

Alan

I'll second that. Wouldn't mind doing a similar mod to my Aurion, especially at this time of the year. I think certain Aurions like the ZR6 and the Presara had this feature stock. It may just be a matter of getting the parts and plugging them in.

I looked up the part numbers this morning out of interest and the Touring and Grande (Presara) have a different part number for the mirrors compared to the other models, so those are likely the ones with the heated mirrors.

Our upgrade ZR6 has it, works in conjunction with the rear window demister. Takes all of 30 secs to completely defog also has the auto dip on reverse,

Edited by CONROD
  • Like 2

I managed to compare two mirrors at work today (one from an SX6 and one from a Grande/Presara) and the mirror plug for the one with the heater element is quite a lot larger and the mirror itself is noticeable heavier. The non-heated mirror only has 5-wires whereas the heated mirror has 11-wires. Aside from that, the mirrors look identical in their outside appearance.

Here's some comparison photos:

20150714_110146.jpg

20150714_110243.jpg

20150714_110759.jpg

• Like 1

You could chop the plug off the heated mirror and install the standard mirror plug onto the "standard wires" and then run the other wires to power/a separate switch etc? Tricky part would be figuring out which wire does what though... Just an idea, anyway.

• Like 1

And for the Auto dip on reverse to work, the remote mirror switch has to be on LH or RH to operate the mirror. You can disable it by putting the switch in the middle, so I guess that's more wiring to consider. I feel it all needs to work in conjunction with one another.

I think if you go adding switches to operate the features it would look bodgey, be a pain in the ar*e having to remember to flick switches on and off,

Cheers just my two bobsworth