Corolla Floor mats.. HOLE...

Well Ive had my corolla for a while now and noticed that the genuine corolla floormat has a hole in it, just between where the clutch and brake pedals are. Im not sure if it is a bad habit, but it seems I have worn through the carpet in that spot.

I just want to know does this problem affect others, or is it just me.

Is it in the spot where your heel might rest? I have a few indentations in mine but it's too dark to go out and check where exactly they are.

Friggin dad dropped a soldering iron on one of mine <_< looks like a cig-burn!

The stock mats will get heel marks in them and will eventually wear right through. If you have your wife/girlfriend/partner/ boyfriend(one for you ROB!!!) who wears heels dirve your car this will happen even quicker. I have placed rubber mats over the top of the factory ones to help keep them clean and reduce heel wear as my wife drives the car more than i do. Mine is over 3 years old and with the rubber mats on top do not have any holes in my mats.

Cheap rubber mats cost stuff all and I'd rather replace them than the factory ones. ;)

Don't Toyota have lifetime warranty for all genuine parts and accessories? <_< If so, go to them and ask them to replace them... that or ask your mum to sew a big rubbery patch over the hole :P

warranty is 1 year or the remainder of the vehicle manufacturer warranty, whichever is the greater.

The stock mats will get heel marks in them and will eventually wear right through. If you have your wife/girlfriend/partner/ boyfriend(one for you ROB!!!) who wears heels dirve your car this will happen even quicker. I have placed rubber mats over the top of the factory ones to help keep them clean and reduce heel wear as my wife drives the car more than i do. Mine is over 3 years old and with the rubber mats on top do not have any holes in my mats.

Cheap rubber mats cost stuff all and I'd rather replace them than the factory ones. ;)

Yeah, I think the culprit is the heel of my shoes. Well its to late now, as i hav a hole in that spot now.

Yeah, I think the culprit is the heel of my shoes. Well its to late now, as i hav a hole in that spot now.

Just buy a new set of mats now (in case they stop making them down the track) and put them in your car before you sell it... That's if you don't mind the hole. I think it's part and parcel of daily use

i stll got my factory mat sitting my garage doing nothing..since i no longer have my rolla.....anyone want it...??

i stll got my factory mat sitting my garage doing nothing..since i no longer have my rolla.....anyone want it...??

PM sent!!

Hey mate,

First of all this is my first post as a new member. Although i have been reading this forum religiously. good work to all.

This has happened to my floor mats too, but mine hasn't gone all the way through...yet. I have also seen it happen to several other cars...

J

• 1 month later...