HID

anthoboi

:D Yes legally they are a defect, but everyone uses them, so far no one has be caught, if u did get busted just tell the cops they are factory i doubt they will know. Everything is a deject these days, eyelids, cf bonnet, exhaust, cops can find 100 of ways to defect you if they like.

cheers :P

:D Yes legally they are a defect, but everyone uses them, so far no one has be caught, if u did get busted just tell the cops they are factory i doubt they will know. Everything is a deject these days, eyelids, cf bonnet, exhaust, cops can find 100 of ways to defect you if they like.

cheers :P

the reason they are a defect is because they are not self leveling, so if you load up your car you might "dazzel" other motorists, factory fitted HID's are self leveling.

wait whAt ? changing exhaust is illegal ? why ? what if someone was to add a turbo into their car is that a defect ?

i dont get it .. whats the point on making these things a defect if the po po can either hear or see these thigns ?

does that mean that they not doing their job ? even window tints ... apparently having them more darker than legal limit .. chances are of being caught is very slim .. i dont geti t ?

anthony

wait whAt ? changing exhaust is illegal ? why ? what if someone was to add a turbo into their car is that a defect ?

i dont get it .. whats the point on making these things a defect if the po po can either hear or see these thigns ?

does that mean that they not doing their job ? even window tints ... apparently having them more darker than legal limit .. chances are of being caught is very slim .. i dont geti t ?

anthony

if the turbo adds more than 15% to the power of the car .... no thats not a defect but in fact u will be breaking the ADR modification rules and as such u wont be insured unless you get ur car engineered ...... im not sure if the cops would hand out a defect notice due to this as i think they would have trouble proving the 15% increase ....

On the topic of carbon fibre bonnets, from what i understand they are illegal due to the reaction of the material on impact, it particular with pedestrians. However, i recall a lexus dealer telling me that the new IS250's and GS430's both have carbon fibre bonnets and boot lids. How is this legal????

On the topic of carbon fibre bonnets, from what i understand they are illegal due to the reaction of the material on impact, it particular with pedestrians. However, i recall a lexus dealer telling me that the new IS250's and GS430's both have carbon fibre bonnets and boot lids. How is this legal????

exactly like how certain cars are not allowed to have foggies becuz they werent fitted from factory ..... but yet the exact same car that had them fitted from the factory they are legal ..... double standards? .... YES ..... is it fair? .... NO ..... can we do anything about it ..... NOPE ......

exactly like how certain cars are not allowed to have foggies becuz they werent fitted from factory ..... but yet the exact same car that had them fitted from the factory they are legal ..... double standards? .... YES ..... is it fair? .... NO ..... can we do anything about it ..... NOPE ......

1. fog lights arent "illegal", they can only be used in adverse weather conditions, if you decide to turn them on constantly (like those ****** holden ute drivers) then you can get fined ($75)

2. HID's which arent stock are defectable, this is straight forward. 3 components are the projectors, washers and self levelling system which come as a "set"

3. unsure why the dealer would tell you those cars come with cf bonnets, they're definitely not legal here and with good reason (metal crumples, cf doesnt)

The dealer was adamant that the bonnet and bootlids were carbon fibre, and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Maybe they pass regulations becuase of a special construction or the positioning...?

Edited by ar44

• 8 months later...

Hi all, this is like my 4th post...

So what you're saying is...if you want HIDs, you have to buy an entire headlights SYSTEM? is that even POSSIBLE?!?!

I thought the factory system has that, and changing the bulb makes no difference what it does???

Yeah cf turns into alot of very very sharp shrapnel when it shatters no matter what you do - it's not malleable at all...the bonnets might not be 100% cf, but with enough of it in the mix, they can just claim and no one would be the wiser

that is until a piece of it shears through their head in an accident... :(

Doesn’t the carbon fiber bonnets become defectable due to fire danger or similar?

HID units can be bought for the Pre/Post Facelift, ~$4,000.

HID’s without projectors throw off a lot of glare.

Look at say a Honda accord, the top of the light is a sharp line. Compare this to aftermarket HID which is blurred. Not to mention Hot Spots which cause a bright build up of light…

• 1 month later...
Hi all, this is like my 4th post...

So what you're saying is...if you want HIDs, you have to buy an entire headlights SYSTEM? is that even POSSIBLE?!?!

I thought the factory system has that, and changing the bulb makes no difference what it does???

You can change to HID's as all ZR models comes stock with HID's. Also all 10th Gen Corollas have the level adjustment and projectors which is a good plus when using HID's.

Doesn’t the carbon fiber bonnets become defectable due to fire danger or similar?

carbon fibre is illegal because it snaps and doesn't crumble (themoneysh0t is on the money)

You can change to HID's as all ZR models comes stock with HID's. Also all 10th Gen Corollas have the level adjustment and projectors which is a good plus when using HID's.

does have self-leveling dial, but i believe it needs to be automatic. there's a leveling sensor in the rear of the gen10 w/ factory HID's which will adjust the HID height automatically.

Edited by hotboxcivic

• 2 weeks later...

ive got 6500k HID on my car, 2002 rolla, with the standard headlight assembly.

wen i initially installed them, i found that they were ****** alot of drivers off coz of the level.

ive since adjusted them to a pretty satisfactory level. ive been pulled over before, and quizzed about

them, and just told them that they were "factory"!!!

does have self-leveling dial, but i believe it needs to be automatic. there's a leveling sensor in the rear of the gen10 w/ factory HID's which will adjust the HID height automatically.

Interesting...

In the end we are better off having projectors with manual height adjustment than having no projectors with no height adjustment.

• 1 month later...

hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread

i called up this guy that is a factory engineering person, he told me that aww if i wanted to stay legal with HID's i have to buy HIDs from a car manufacture because then the factory HIDS has passed ADR compliance.

now i rang up nissan parts and accessories .. n they said to me that .. the socket of the corolla has to have the same size as the HID bulb.

now nissan dont make them in H4s :( ..... but yeh does n e 1 know of which company that has h4's in HID ? lol .. n does n e 1 have n e advice on this matter ?

thanks guys ttyl !

anthony

• 1 month later...

if you're still looking for HID's there are millions of suppliers of H4 HID's. pm me if you want contact details.

as for ADR approval, pppfft to that! everything in the car modification world is illegal. it's a matter of being able to stay under the radar that counts. if you have HID's just make sure you have projectors, level adjustments, and a heat temp. of approx 6-6.5k will keep you out of trouble.

• 2 months later...
if you're still looking for HID's there are millions of suppliers of H4 HID's. pm me if you want contact details.

as for ADR approval, pppfft to that! everything in the car modification world is illegal. it's a matter of being able to stay under the radar that counts. if you have HID's just make sure you have projectors, level adjustments, and a heat temp. of approx 6-6.5k will keep you out of trouble.

hey buddy,

sorry to bring up old posts buh are you still able to get HIDS for the h4 ? i got those narva blues in my car buh yer i want hids :P hahaha to go thru national park n stuff LOl and yehh i wanna get the one around 6000 temp ..

are you able to hook us up ?

thanks

hey buddy,

sorry to bring up old posts buh are you still able to get HIDS for the h4 ? i got those narva blues in my car buh yer i want hids :P hahaha to go thru national park n stuff LOl and yehh i wanna get the one around 6000 temp ..

thanks

Mate they're everywhere. Go have a look in a auto store or auto accessories store.

• 3 weeks later...
hey buddy,

thanks

I can't so to speak "hook" you up with a good deal, but there's a bunch of traders from forums that are reputable. pm me if you want their details.

• 2 weeks later...
hey buddy,

thanks

I can't so to speak "hook" you up with a good deal, but there's a bunch of traders from forums that are reputable. pm me if you want their details.

if u want mine i can bring in for u ! just ask what brand would u like to have ! :D