TRD CAI [Group Buy]

XploShun

Yes I'm a fast one hehe.

I'm using the drift pod because I couldn't find an apexi power intake and frankly didn't want to spend $50 more for the same results. I did my research before I got everything :D

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try and fit in the TRD, heard it was a pretty meaty sound due to it's huge size.

Thx for help with the supplies. If it arrives at work tomorrow, I'll have to pull a quick medical condition so I can go home and play with it.

Kenji ? Did you run it with the trd, or just straight install with the Drift. I also read the drift was good, so good call.

No doubt mine will be caught up in the mail or something and I'll have to wait here like an expectant father. Fingers crossed.

Whitestivo

Oh bugger, i just read I still won't be able to stay in lift.

Why couldn't life in my rolla just be permanently on lift...

because the leather would get creased :P

haha <_<

includes everything, just need installation :P

ay there

i am interested in trd cai and im from five dock

is it too late??

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but yah, way tooooooooooooooooooo late. Might be another one soon.

;)

so i need a new pod an a 6mm vacuum cap??

any idea how the cap looks like?? :help:

It's like the cap included with the TRD CAI. Just go to autobarn or some auto place and get 6mm vacuum caps.

I'm going to try and fit in the TRD, heard it was a pretty meaty sound due to it's huge size.

Thx for help with the supplies. If it arrives at work tomorrow, I'll have to pull a quick medical condition so I can go home and play with it.

Kenji ? Did you run it with the trd, or just straight install with the Drift. I also read the drift was good, so good call.

No doubt mine will be caught up in the mail or something and I'll have to wait here like an expectant father. Fingers crossed.

Whitestivo

I ran it straight with the Drift pod, no point trying to force the TRD pod into the little space. The Drift pod is about 2" shorter and it clears the foglight with like 3 cm.

If you put the TRD pod on it'll definitely be squashed and will eventually melt. See this post http://toyotaownersclub.com/which-pod-filter...se-t467-15.html and look at the TRD pod after a few months of usage haha.

How was I so lucky to have gotten it delivered on friday?

The waiting must be killing all you guys lol. Sorry for rubbing it in ;)

Finally, the cai's are here, I'm my excitement, I've forgotten the hose clamp so can't install, yet.

Mono, get in contact with me, sent you sms today. Need those clamps from Autobahn.

I'm tempted just to leave it in the loungeroom as a centre piece. Ppl really dig the colour.

Now time to ram that pod in. It ain't as big as my old Blitz that for sure.

And again, my thanks to Xploshun for organising. Great work my good friend.

whitestivo

nice!

so every1s got it?

how about yuro???

spoke to yuri day before yesterday hadn't recieved it yet. im hoping he has it by now but his phone is off so havn't been able to get hold of him.

im keen as mustard to put it in this weekend, bought a 3a racing pod yesterday for 30 bucks.

nice!

so every1s got it?

how about yuro???

spoke to yuri day before yesterday hadn't recieved it yet. im hoping he has it by now but his phone is off so havn't been able to get hold of him.

im keen as mustard to put it in this weekend, bought a 3a racing pod yesterday for 30 bucks.

Tobey, apologies my friend, i havent received anything yet.. which is just aswell, i've been very busy with work and uni.. but when it does arrive, i will let you know asap.. hopefully it'll arrive this week, Sydney customs might take longer than others, who knows..

but yeah, many many thanks to mIC for organising this [Group Buy]

Tobey, apologies my friend, i havent received anything yet.. which is just aswell, i've been very busy with work and uni.. but when it does arrive, i will let you know asap.. hopefully it'll arrive this week, Sydney customs might take longer than others, who knows..

but yeah, many many thanks to mIC for organising this [Group Buy]

oh cool no worries. i keep finding myself popping the bonnet and wanting to unclip the airbox just to get a taste of intake sound.......lets hope it comes in today or 2moro...........

Xploshun for member of the month!! dude, you're probably responsible for half the CAI's in the forum. =)

x2 :D

x3 member of the month

Tracking number is CJ 171 612 967 US. It landed first in Sydney, that why Kenji got his first, and ol Briso Dejaneiro was second. I'd say it's in second batch shipment.

Kenji, you are wise as you are modded, I've decided go the Drift. 3A also came up, but hey, you got it and it's the goods, good enough for me.

Mono, saturday night is out man, didn't realise (damn wife), what about Friday night after your exam. The wait is killing me(mono is getting the pod and clamp)

Whitestivo

I'm in Melbourne hehe so it landed in Melbourne first :D

Yeah drift is good. No point paying 5x the amount for a apexi one which does the same thing.