Toyota Genuine Sat Nav

Hi Guys,

Im looking at an option of getting a genuine Toyota Sat Nav system for my Sportivo.

I have looked a few previous posts but nothing mentions anything about it's price and value.

Does anyone know of this info and have it installed?

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

:D

• 9 months later...

with the toyota sat nav for the corolla sportivo can u watch dvd on it or is it just a sat nav??

Steve,

here are couple ofo close-up pictures of the Toyota Satnav

09_matrix_xrs_14.jpg

09_matrix_xrs_13.jpg

It reads DVD-ROM, but wont play DVD movies. There should be a way of cracking it.

as one guy mentioned to you, not worth it. You could get the Pioneer AVIC-HD3 or AVIC-D3 for the same price.

369264980D3_indash_rsx_blue.jpg

Edited by leasaunce

with the toyota sat nav for the corolla sportivo can u watch dvd on it or is it just a sat nav??

Steve,

You can but you need to find the right people to crack/hack it, or do some extensive research. I've seen a Genuine Toyota Sat Nav play DVD movies.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's the latest for Sat nav.. Plug and play.. USB input, optional iPod kit (real one), BT and input for speed signals so it'll work in tunnels. Plus it should do your red light/speed camera warnings like any TomTom.

RRP $1495

http://www.toyota.com.au/Accessories/acces...64_1312,00.html

40441.jpg

thats just an eclipse AVN2210P with the word toyota on it..

http://www.eclipse-web.com.au/Site/Product...be-3e5906103f0c

RRP: AU$1399.00

Steve,

here are couple ofo close-up pictures of the Toyota Satnav

09_matrix_xrs_14.jpg

09_matrix_xrs_13.jpg

It reads DVD-ROM, but wont play DVD movies. There should be a way of cracking it.

as one guy mentioned to you, not worth it. You could get the Pioneer AVIC-HD3 or AVIC-D3 for the same price.

369264980D3_indash_rsx_blue.jpg

Is the Pioneer model above Sat Nav based too?

I wish it was that simple.... obviously sharp edges aren't an issue for you... then get the Eclipse.

Those Toyota Navi are from the states... I "don't" think they work here as they have had some tweaks to get them working in the southern hemisphere.

I wish it was that simple.... obviously sharp edges aren't an issue for you... then get the Eclipse.

Those Toyota Navi are from the states... I "don't" think they work here as they have had some tweaks to get them working in the southern hemisphere.

Becides the slightly different face plate... what else is different between the toyota banded model and the eclipse model?

• 1 month later...
If you want to connect a ful sik sub or amp, then get the Eclipse as it'd have provisions for them.... if u want just the head unit, then buy the Toyota.

Whatever he said + buy a portable GPS unit so that you can transfer between cars at any time. Really really really handy..... Can't stress that enough.... But then again, its me... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Has anyone actually bought one of these or has it been discussed on the forum for a corolla 06 model or older? I found a similar product on the forum but placed in a camry.

It's resolution isn't that great when compared to the branded car DVD player screens but it has the advantage of all in one and it does look simple (no attraction).

Edited by Sergio...

For the price you are willing to pay for the Toyota unit, you can easily get the Eclipse unit which can fit perfectly with your Toyota (a really great unit especially the new one), or you could get the Alpine IVA-W502e unit and add Bluetooth, reverse camera, ipod connection, steering wheel control and navigation and it will still give you some spare change.. both are great units..