!!Cheapest and best service (toyota service centre)

Hi guys, just had my 20,000km service done.

Decided to go with Camberwell Toyota as work is close by and they have the courtesy drop off anf pick up service.

I sent an email to Vince (great bloke) the service manager a week ago explaining the need for service, that i was a member of TOCAU and also about the clutch adjustment issues that many of us have had even with the facelift model.

He then promptyly rang me back that day and chatted, booked it in and mentioned that i would get trade price. I just went for the standard service (no tyre rotation addon...do it myself), including checking the clutch to see if it was just me or needed fixing.

Went and dropped car off today, another guy served me and i mentioned the clutch etc and the trade price mentioned....he said it is quoted at 290 $ but should drop to low 200 $ trade price...i thought yeah thats not bad comparable to prices on here from other ppl.

Got picked up on time from work by courtesy car and went back to pick car up....great cusomer service....went through what they did (pic below) and payed.......where i was surprised as

20,000km service cost me $134.90

At bottom of reciept in comments it states " No R & B. Trade on Parts & Labour RE V.P" (V.P is vince forget his last name)

Couldnt believe it...i said to the guy...thats a great price and he said yeah it says here you have a mate Vince working here.....i was like yeah talked to him the other day.

So i rang Vince on my way home (service centre manager) and thanked him and mentioned TOCAU. He said not a problem to mention the price here etc, he said should have cost around $250, but he did FLEET pricing on the service and all parts...mentioned did labour for 72 $ hour down from around 85 $ and etc.

Oil used was Castrol Magnatec...couldnt fit it in pic.

So if your in melbourne and need a service.....Ring Camberwell Toyota 03 9809466, Ask for Vince and mention Simon told you about this via the TOCAU website....they were all so nice, asked about any concerns i had etc which is where i mentioned the Clutch

OOOoooHHHhhh the clutch it is insane now.....cant believe the diff.....changing in lift is so easy now...its unreal such a diff.....used to be rough into second ....never smooth into third.....cant believe the change

so yeah 2 massive thumbs up to CAMBERWELL TOYOTA....OOOOHHH what a feeling (wallet loves it)

:)

P1011101.jpg

P1011102.jpg

U gotta be joking mate... :huh:

I got my car from them brand new...and I never got that type of service...NEVER.

I asked for the clutch adjustment to be done...Nothing and still nothing! <_<

I had a sticky accelerator pedal, asked to fix...took me 3 visits! <_<

At my last service I got charged the around the high 200, and I asked to have my foggies replaced with my own ones, nup sorry we don't do that. :huh:

Was I ever asked, "Do you have any concerns about your car?"...no yet, but if did I would get the..."No that's the way it is, a production fault common to all the other sportivos"...pffft

I really do wanna go back...I do...but maybe I've been meeting the wrong service techies all the time.

I believe MotoMan, got his stivo from there too, but has had similar average customer service with the Toyota Techies like me. :blink:

I'll try one more time, lolz cause u said so...n I guess I'll have to go through from the top eh.

Thanks for the heads up jaderd :)

Edited by oVo

yeah....guess its just the experience i had....maybe they have changed service managers ?....not too sure, all i know is that Vince (service manager) is willing to charge out at the same rate for any TOCAU member, just mention you are a member etc...or simon mentioned as a TOCAU member ....etc. Im not sure, just seemed happy to help outa toyota club member......also in my email i guess i wrote knowing waht i was talking about (compliments of TOCAU forums) to do with the clutch issues etc. I dunno, all i know is i am happy paying half what i expected.....clutch feels like a million bux and ill be heading back there again for my 30,000 km service expecting the same trade pricing :)

cheers

I got mine serviced today at castlehill toyota Sydney.

and I always get great service from them! They took me home private shuttle (Aurion) not in the bus and picked me up when they were done.

They did some extra looking into on the car and its only the 29k service.

and it cost me the same $135 . But i did supply my own oil.

Very happy jan

I got mine serviced today at castlehill toyota Sydney.

and I always get great service from them! They took me home private shuttle (Aurion) not in the bus and picked me up when they were done.

They did some extra looking into on the car and its only the 29k service.

and it cost me the same $135 . But i did supply my own oil.

Very happy jan

wpighpwrhnwrh[p339up3i;etgnet et e9qyt-te*

Oh I'm sorry Pete. I FAINTED on my keyboard lol.

Hey kinda off topic but was interested in your clutch adjustment

i was wondering if the friction point is quite high?

reason being is that i have a ascent corolla as well and my sportivo's friction point is much higher than the ascents

and was wondering whether i should pursue a clutch adjustment.

Edited by ROLNIT

Hi guys I work at Cleveland toyota in Brisbane so I can arrainge a discount for fellow TOCAU members if they pm me we have some excellent service people here so let me know

Just had my car serviced there today (canon toyota at camberwell) highly recommended, the service was excellent and fast did my 80k minus the oil, spark and air and costed $275. As simon said talk to Vince, really helpfull guy. Def going there again...Thumbs up to Canon!

Hay guys,

Thanks for the good feedback, always good to know where is good.. I'm always on the hunt to find the best place to get the car serviced...

Any one know where the best place would be for South Brisbane?

Cheers

Fudge

Hey my car is there today, but they are charging me around $250. Maybe i'lll tell em i'm a member now when i pick it and see if they will give me a discount.

for sure mate..mention simon was in afew weeks ago 20k service....vince mentioned members of TOCAU are entitled to trade price....should bring ya cost down a bit....see if you can speak to vince in person ....introduce yourself...shake the hand bit of small talk...get good price...:)....and he willmost prob remember you for next time.....i rang him after my service as i didnt catch him when i picked the car up and thanked him and thats where i mentioned is it ok to broadcast to all TOCAU members on here etc...

good luck

post up price...hopefully he does the right thing by you also

i bought my car from there - and as their hold music says

"You can count on Cannon, Cannon Toyota!"

*** damn, that was almost 2 years ago and it's still ringing through my head

i only got the 5,000 and 10,000km service done there and i cant say that i have had any troubles with them

the boys in brisbane tho....... don't get me started on them... i got my 30,000km service free cos they overcharged me $270+ on the 20,000km service and treated me like crap.. probably cos i'm female and know nothing about cars <_< :angry:

for the 40,000 and 50,000km service tho i took it to Sci-Fleet at Kedron and they were great :D

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the honeymoons over....spoke with David at Cannon, mentioned toyota ownersclub special prices for servicing, he checked with vince, and then quoted me $190 bux for a standard 20000k service on my 'rolla...same as every other dealers quoting...so i booked at lanes ..same price and closer... real shame that

Looks like the honeymoons over....spoke with David at Cannon, mentioned toyota ownersclub special prices for servicing, he checked with vince, and then quoted me $190 bux for a standard 20000k service on my 'rolla...same as every other dealers quoting...so i booked at lanes ..same price and closer... real shame that

<_<

mmmm...should have asked for Vince, he is head of servicing...other guy prob just a service centre worker who didnt care what club belonged to......i know Vince is still good to chat with.......going through him to suss out about TRD CAI / warranty issues and also warranty repair on stretching leather of my drivers seat....good bloke