Linkin Park

Dead

I see what you mean Rob, and you know I love you dearly, but please do not be putting sh!7 on my Linkin Park...

Firslty, for the uninitiated, the 2 songs in question are 'Numb' and 'Pushes Me Away'

The second of these 2 tracks has been slowed in temp and lowered in pitch to match the other, at the end of the day though, yeah, they are based on the same basic chord structure....to this I have 3 words...

12 BAR BLUES

This is the basic structure of 98% of songs ever written in history. Some are just way more obvious like ZZ Top's 'La Grange'....

When you're a musician you have a warped appraisal of music, what can I say dude.

I guess i'm too used to the whacky 4/8 timing and bar structure of silverchair and smashing pumpkins and find this music to be as boring and fake as Costello's budget :lol: o.O

When you're a musician you have a warped appraisal of music, what can I say dude.

I guess i'm too used to the whacky 4/8 timing and bar structure of silverchair and smashing pumpkins and find this music to be as boring and fake as Costello's budget :lol: o.O

OI! Warped appraisal of music... (cough cough) I think not....

I do find it strange though, that you would find Linkin Park fake when most of it follows that same quarter note pulse that your beloved Silverchair and Smashing Pumpkins too follow... Now I'm not condoning Linkin Park by any means, so perhaps this is also a slight dig at the Pumpkins... :whistling:

Also, as you mention it...haha...Ozzy does happen to have a new album coming out at the end of the month... Im only going to buy it because I have everything else hes done. Yes Zakk Wylde is cool, but hes becoming as produced as said Linkin Park.

If Greenday can get Jesus of Suburbia on radio (with a few different movements), and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody did much the same 30 yrs ago, as did Pink Floyd with "Money" (the whole thing is in 7/4).... why can we not get more of this on the radio?!?! The British band Threshold finally has an odd time signature song on Radio in Europe: "pilot in the sky of dreams".

(note to record companies reading: More of this please, less 4/4 over produced music...)

I do find it strange though, that you would find Linkin Park fake when most of it follows that same quarter note pulse that your beloved Silverchair and Smashing Pumpkins too follow... Now I'm not condoning Linkin Park by any means, so perhaps this is also a slight dig at the Pumpkins... :whistling:

Thing is though they were always in it for the music. They always wanted a fresh way of approaching things. Their drastic change in sound back in 98 is an example of this. You don't see Linkin park sitting down playing acoustic ballads, then hopping up to play an electornica inspired piece. SP and the Chair are like a colourful painting to me, whereas Linkin Park seem to be in shades of black and white. At the end of the day of course quarter note structures are very evident in modern music, but at least there are bands that decide to mix it up rather heavily.

What ever happened to the guitar solo anyway? Glad to see it made a comeback in SP's new single 'Tarantula'. Solo work everywhere in that song.

Even Billy Corgan's solo material was very drastic in comparison to pumpkins work. Was like 80's meets 2030 or something :o

PS: I am a nut bag in terms of music. I'm also the most pickiest on here lol. Billy was the reason I picked up a guitar too.

http://www.theweb****e.net/nickelback.htm

Same thing, different band. "right speaker" has abnormally high tempo..... I'm pretty sure Chad doesn't usually sound like a chipmunk....

EDIT: FFS, the swear filter on this forum software is a phuking joke. In that web address, replace the asterisks with s.h.i.t.

Edited by Tats

As a guitarist, i sincerely hope you went to G3 in december. There, sir, was the guitar solo :toast:

\m/

Wouldn't know what G3 is dude lol. Musicianship wise I'm very very poor. I'd class myself more as an artist 'cause seem to be able to continually write o.O

I write with my mate and he's the one with perfect technique and near flawless style lol.

:lol: at the title

I think there music is awesome have been a fan since Hybrid Theory :D

Rob you should be knocking the ones that dont have musical talent what so ever :P

Rob you should be knocking the ones that dont have musical talent what so ever :P

Time to start a new thread titled:

"Evanescence: How to form a band that is a total rip-off of Lacuna Coil"

:lol:

Time to start a new thread titled:

"Evanescence: How to form a band that is a total rip-off of Lacuna Coil"

:lol:

Oh come on man!!! Like Lacuna Coil are any better... they constantly win Revolver and Metal Hammer polls simply cos Cristina Scabbia is apparently the 'hottest chick in metal'. Yeah, thats musically credible...

Nightwish was where it was at... and (sob sob :nopity: ) even so, Tarja is no longer with them. End of an Era indeed (anyone get the reference there? Huh huh, nudge nudge)

Lacuna Coil are lame indeed. It just goes to show how silly Nevernesceneenensceence are by emulating them *facedddddd*

x2 on Nightwish. Tarja apparently wasn't very nice at times but who cares, gorgeous voice.

Still no luck with the symbols?