check out this cop car

pujo

hey guys, i was in a traffic light just at church street exit and saw this.

Blessed009.jpg

pic is blurry coz i used my fone. other people was using an actual camera...hahaha

Edited by pujo

bankstown...

n i rememba back in the day there was a fight outside my school n a police rexy came courtesy of fairfield police... that was a hot rexie... didn't like the "paint work" on it though lol

Edited by d_ice

but wat would prob work betta is to have car just like car enthusiasts... like a modified car eg 200SX or sumthin with mods on it completely engineered n road legal... that would persuade more ppl to get engineering certificates.... n maybe they could like enter autosalons or drag/drift/track races to boost road awareness... n stay the hell away from me :D

Yes but being a govt department means that they are obligated to support local industry rather than hooking into mad JDM equipment... I guess if local shops did the work that could almost be justified...?

but it's more than just "supporting the local industry"... it would greatly help raise awareness with safe driving (by taking it off the street) like how fun would it be to race a cop car... and it'll impress the "youngsters" when they see all the crazy mods n they find out that they can be legally done ie: reducing the number of illegal modifications going around n stuff

Indeed, there used to be a police dragster if I recall correctly, before they closed the strip in the majura valley down here in the capital... naturally though the car was either Ford/Holden but I can't remember which. I guess you're right in that the bogans are happy knowing that the cops cruise around in XR8's and XR6T's and SS 'Bores, but what about we enlightened folk who prefer cool technology and highly modded street cars from distant shores??? Taking it off the streets is a good cause but we don't really have anywhere to take it down here anymore lol, lucky Syd/Bris/Melb ppl!

i feel ur pain... n one dragster is not all that... i mean y don't they take their actual squad cars... that'd be fun... n no i'm not talkin about tuning them to 10sec... like they could just have "race a cop day" or sumthing... then the cops can later come with their modified fast fours etc etc n race u know... the cops are SERIOUSLY out of touch with the community

we all know that cops know allot about cars... we can tell because as soon as we get pulled over they tell us to pop the hood n its as if they'v got an intake sensing radar or sumthin lol... anyways like why can't they use their knowledge for good, i mean like get in touch with the community like go to autosalons go to events to get in touch with the community not to defect the crowd... like i once had a dream of a bunch of cops defecting me because my pants were too low n because i had an arab mullet (or wateva its called) n facial hair hahaha crackup

Edited by d_ice

did any of you read the article in The Open Road correctly?

they bought it because it accelerates at twice the speed that their big bogan v8's do.

trying to make friends with car enthuisasts. right

Miss Sexc CROlla Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

yea it was in the latest issue of nrma ....bankstown police own it (i wonder why:P) and yes its so they can be friends with car enthusiasts (dont know how - cops a cop car is a car) but great effort bankstown

I have a serious question.... why, exactly, cannot cops be friends with car enthusiasts??????

This really s**ts me to tears when people all of a sudden bag someone because of their job, especially when their job is to stop you doing things you should already know better. My job is to man a petrol station...so does this job mean that i cant befriend car enthusiasts because i make them pay for already expensive fuel?

So a cop car is a cop car? What does that mean? That the paintwork all of a sudden compromises the performance of the vehicle and/or driver? Or that because the drivers are wearing uniforms that they must be douchebags who lack personality, or are simply not capable of maintaining good relations with the car-loving members of the community?

You can accuse them all you like of being out of touch...but at the end of the day, they are people who wear a uniform because it pays their bills. Whether the policy is wrong or not, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place...they must enforce it because, ill say it again, it's their job.

Fill me in people, cos I'm reeeeaallly keen :angry: to be enlightened...

Edited by Leroy

yea it was in the latest issue of nrma ....bankstown police own it (i wonder why:P) and yes its so they can be friends with car enthusiasts (dont know how - cops a cop car is a car) but great effort bankstown

I have a serious question.... why, exactly, cannot cops be friends with car enthusiasts??????

This really s**ts me to tears when people all of a sudden bag someone because of their job, especially when their job is to stop you doing things you should already know better. My job is to man a petrol station...so does this job mean that i cant befriend car enthusiasts because i make them pay for already expensive fuel?

So a cop car is a cop car? What does that mean? That the paintwork all of a sudden compromises the performance of the vehicle and/or driver? Or that because the drivers are wearing uniforms that they must be douchebags who lack personality, or are simply not capable of maintaining good relations with the car-loving members of the community?

You can accuse them all you like of being out of touch...but at the end of the day, they are people who wear a uniform because it pays their bills. Whether the policy is wrong or not, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place...they must enforce it because, ill say it again, it's their job.

leonidas-kid.gif

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

I've been nice and honest to police officers and they've treated me with respect.

Be careful here d_ice btw...

post-18423-1179405954_thumb.jpg

hehehe lol... but i'm just saying that they need to strengthen their relationship with other car enthusiasts... they should also respect (and support) our hobbies by giving us a better alternative to street racing/hooning like have more track days with cheaper prices for participants and the crowd... and they could also make it easier and cheaper for us to obtain engineering certificates... that way we can have legal mods instead of sweating our asses n going through sidestreets to evade them... that way we get to keep our hobby and also have more respect and appreciation to the police force...

my 2c

I'm really ****** off now. This it the stupidest f*cking thread ever.

Close the f*cking thing, it's already been spoken about anyway.

PS: Do I have sand in my v@gina? You bet I f*cking do.

And yes this is Nelson.

Jesus people sh!t me sometimes...

i dont know what your talking about

hehehe lol... but i'm just saying that the GOVERNMENT needs to strengthen their relationship with other car enthusiasts... the GOVERNMENT should also respect (and support) our hobbies by giving us a better alternative to street racing/hooning like have more track days with cheaper prices for participants and the crowd... and the GOVERNMENT could also make it easier and cheaper for us to obtain engineering certificates... that way we can have legal mods instead of sweating our asses n going through sidestreets to evade them (wtf would you be doing with illegal mods anyway?)... that way we get to keep our hobby and also have more respect and appreciation to the police force...

my 2c

Fixed

Klara:

We don't like it when people generalise a profession without taking individuality into account. I don't know about Leroy but I have mates who are police officers. It sounds like he does as well though.

my 2c