Sportivo or Type R

Hi all,

i was about to purchase my brothers '05 model sportivo (no enginemods just a sound system, wheels, and new springs) for $30,000. But when i was filling my mums car with petrol i saw a 2003 model type r integra leave . He gunned it and by the sound of it, it's VTEC (lift) seem to be much louder and he seemed to hit the 6000rpm range a bit quicker than the Sportivo. Now i'm not sure whether to purchase his car or a Type R. Another reason i cant decide is that i am unable to find a Honda club since i like to go cruising.

:blink::help:

I Have about 30 Grand to play with as i have just recently landed myself a satisfying job. I was just wondering since i'm a p-plater and am going to have this car for a long time to come, i just wanted to know, which would you guys think is a better choice, or even better, if you think there is a much more suitable car for my license type and price range please tell.

Cheers...

30k for a sportivo is a rip off

dc5r model i assume u r talking about? much much better car. drive one and you will c why assuming uve driven the sportivo.

but insurance cost is about the only better thing with the corolla.

The seats arn't really an issue. I mean its not hard to find a nice leather set of buckets that you love and they will only cost 1500 at the most. Getting the rails may be a different issue but not overly hard. Maybe jump on a car esearch site, then you can line up all the specs and compare everything, assuming you can find what you want

my 2c

Just remember that your brothers car has the sound system. I don't know how big it is but it would slow it down. Plus who says the DC5 didn't have an intake on it.

Also, 30 large is a bit rich. There is a cheap silver one for sale that is mint in the buy&sell section ;)

The seats arn't really an issue. I mean its not hard to find a nice leather set of buckets that you love and they will only cost 1500 at the most. Getting the rails may be a different issue but not overly hard. Maybe jump on a car esearch site, then you can line up all the specs and compare everything, assuming you can find what you want

my 2c

Both cars have leather

I have a sportivo my mate has a dc5r, driven both, buy the honda!

And i second the rip off brother coment. Sound system or not.

do you know how much sportivo's are brand new?

Another **** thread involving integra's and sportivo's.

What is this **** ozhonda? *****...

Sportivo for zippyness / shag action

Integra for more zippyness / sport action

/thread

Another **** thread involving integra's and sportivo's.

What is this **** ozhonda? *****...

Sportivo for zippyness / shag action

Integra for more zippyness / sport action

/thread

:lol: not this again...

30k is a bit steep for a Sportivo cause it has some stereo gear in it. :unsure:

Mate if you want a Sportivo that has all the goods to beat a Type R(and has done so :yahoo: ) then this is the car for you.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=11034

All you need plus it ain't gonna cost you 30k just to have a bit of doof doof.

All the money spent in the right places first......

(thanks superdave for plug!!)

id go type R. They are sexy as!!! but its really up to you. Like i gave my mates one a test - great car but not much room. so if your after space go the sportivo. Insurance is probably cheaper as people say coz its 4 door for stivo. But honestly if i had choice between the 2 id go honda....then in the future if you want a change then go the sportivo. :D thats all from me. ...Note: the car keys for the honda are ugly!! yes dont ask...i pay attention to everything.

man! if i have 30grand! i dont even have to think about it, get the teggy type s! its faster than the 'fake R' or if u dont mind higher km look hard and u could find an s2k or or theres a civic type R for sale in melb!! and only 22000 bucks, 39000km!!

Edited by sportiyo

man! if i have 30grand! i dont even have to think about it, get the teggy type s! its faster than the 'fake R' or if u dont mind higher km look hard and u could find an s2k or or theres a civic type R for sale in melb!! and only 22000 bucks, 39000km!!

i rkn dude

cantlh6.jpg

Well then sell your sportivo's and buy something else if it's a bargain?

I had a choice. I still chose the sportivo. I have gear to move around the majority of the time. The integra would NOT be able to accompany a JCM 800 Marshall Head and Quad box, 2 guitars, a mic amp, effects gear as an example.

There are always going to be different opinions. I just find it funny how performance is always the issue and other features are completely left out.