scratches on rear door and skirt

snyper

hey guys,

need some advice on bodywork :(

just accidentally hit the side of my car into a concrete beam at a car park, now there are a few scratches on the rear passengar door and on the side skirt at the bottom.... the top scratch is pretty deep and can actually see the metal where as the other scratches aren't that deep...

will try and post a picture of it...

would a car detailer be able to fix this or would i hav to get the door resprayed?

Thanks

here are the pictures, i lowered the quality and took the photos at night in my garage, dunno if u guys will be able to see the scratches properly esp the top one...

post-1830-1182170484_thumb.jpg

post-1830-1182170512_thumb.jpg

post-1830-1182170583_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about the slight accident u had mate.

As long as the scratches arent too deep into the paint work you should get away with the touch up guys fixing it up for you.

Keep us posted on how you go anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have personal experience with touch up guys, but a guy i work with had some scratches fixed on his commodore while it was at work. In my opinion, it was a really good job done very cheap. I would recommend them based on the job I saw done, however they will have differet people doing it, different colour cars, differnt damage, different weather condition for the paint to dry in. lots of variables when it comes to painting. If you get someone who knows what they are doing, you shouldn't have much to worry about though.

• 2 weeks later...

the touch up guys came around the other week and the guy said he couldn't do it, one of the scratches is too deep and that the only way for it be repaired is a respray of the whole side of the car...

anyone know a good place for this to get done? and roughly how much?

the guy also said silver is the hardest colour to match and may look darker after a respray :(

the touch up guys came around the other week and the guy said he couldn't do it, one of the scratches is too deep and that the only way for it be repaired is a respray of the whole side of the car...

anyone know a good place for this to get done? and roughly how much?

the guy also said silver is the hardest colour to match and may look darker after a respray :(

Noticed ur from the shire.... check out Bellevue Bodyworks in Blakehurst/Carlton

http://www.bellevuebodyworks.com.au/

extremely professional work. they really take pride in matching the colours/paint. admittedly they aren't the cheapest blokes but their work speaks for itself.

Ask for Rob, tell them Darren with the white sportivo sent u (they did my eyelids and fixed some scratches on my side skirt after a gutter attacked my car). Make sure you negotiate price!

• 4 weeks later...

cheers daz, ended up getting it done at another place where my parents have had their cars fixed from before

here is a picture of it after i got the car back at home, just took a photo of it with my phone instead of my camera...

post-1830-1186056615_thumb.jpg

Edited by snyper