Sedan vs hatchback

I'm looking around for a used Corolla atm.

I personally like the sedan body type but most of the Corollas

that I see on the used car websites are in hatchback/liftback.

What's the difference in terms of handling?

i have a sedan love the boot space which is why i went for the sedan for the extra space but it all depends what is your personal interest whether you like sedan or hatch whcih ever way they are corolla and great :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

OOOOHHHHH this could start a riot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait this will start a riot.... Turbo Hatch or Supercharged Sedan :lol: :D

Seriously though, there is no difference in the way the two drive (except that the more powerful Sportivo's were in hatch only). The difference comes to which body style is best for you. Personally, my previous car was a wagon, so I got the hatch so I could still have the same sort of versatility.

For me, Hatch is better, looks younger. & After few mod, you can make a hatch become a HOT hatch... :spiteful:

SEDAN ... boot space .. same as my commodore if not bigger cause both seats fold down ... rare for sedan

can fit double bed frame from fantastic furniture in a sedan - they said it couldn't be done

Alot of hatch's on the road ... sedan looks closer to lexus even thought i wish i had a sportivo engine in my auto sedan

Out of a Celica, Camry, Echo and Rolla, the Rolla hatch has the most room in the back, particularly when you flip the rear seats down.

I bought a whole bunch of things from officeworks, including a chair floormat and the chair itself, and it would only fit into the rolla. It's very versatile.

And this coming from someone who year ago refused point blank to drive a hatchback!

With Seats up Sedan has a much bigger boot. With seats folded flat, the hatch can carry more because there's no parcel shelf in the way, so you can fit big, bulky items.

In terms of looks, Sedans can look quite hot and sleek when done properly.

Yeah the sedan vs hatchback dilemma really depends on your lifestyle. I bought the hatch back because I thought/think it looks heaps tougher. I was also sold on the amount of boot space once the seats were folded down. This was really important for me because I occassionaly lug around a couple of mountain bikes...

With Seats up Sedan has a much bigger boot. With seats folded flat, the hatch can carry more because there's no parcel shelf in the way, so you can fit big, bulky items.

In terms of looks, Sedans can look quite hot and sleek when done properly.

best of both worlds... get a wagon, though they are harder to find.

after reading all the above, sedan is pretty much good for boot space :) and also for ppl that dont like TINY CAR :P

i personally dont mind either but somehow i like the look of corolla hatch better maybe because everytime i see someone drives a sedan its some old asian lady (im asian myself :P so i can say that haha) or someone with a family..

but yeh :) boot space definitely helps!

lol i have to vote sedan :P

You can make them look hot, and sleek, its just not the sorta car ppl expect to be driven hard, so it can be a great sleeper, not that mines quick :unsure:

but its just a personal choice really, look at the cars in the members rides section. and see what can be acheived

If the sedans came out looking like Kcorro's then I would buy 3 or 4 :D

Other than that I'll always take the hatch for looks alone. Don't need bootspace, don't really even need 5 seats lol

If the sedans came out looking like Kcorro's then I would buy 3 or 4 :D

Other than that I'll always take the hatch for looks alone. Don't need bootspace, don't really even need 5 seats lol

i can relate to that to a certain extend :P these days.. with work n stuff, my rear seat is my wardrobe lol

Did all the sedans come with the two tone interior trim??? I've only been in an ascent so I'm not sure how the trim would be in the higher spec models.

If thats the case, then only two things annoy me.

1. two tone trim in my opinion is absolutely ugly

2. hatchback looks better