rolla sportivo with sunroof

There is a sportivo for sale at an alright price but it has a sunroof on it pretty sure it ain't standard but am unsure. If i was to consider purchasing this car what should i be concerned about. I understand that there are 2 types of sunroofs maybe more. One being the electric ones and the pop up ones.

Is this sunroof a plus or a problem.

Jen from down here bought her S'tivo already lowered and with an aftermarket sunroof, she has reported no problems and I must say it looks pure sex! Maybe PM her?

Assuming it's not standard (was it even a factory option?) try to find out the make and model of the sunroof and then do some research as to the relative quality of the brand :)

Sunroofs are not a factory option (nor standard) for a Sportivo, however I know of people who have bought their car and requested the dealer fit a sunroof... so Yes it can be done. (i think Indecent aka Mario did this?)

the most important things to check is for rust and any impairment with the rubber seal.

A simple test for leaks is to pour water over the closed roof and after the runoff, open it and check the drainage around the sunroof from inside the car.

Sunroofs are not a factory option (nor standard) for a Sportivo, however I know of people who have bought their car and requested the dealer fit a sunroof... so Yes it can be done. (i think Indecent aka Mario did this?)

the most important things to check is for rust and any impairment with the rubber seal.

A simple test for leaks is to pour water over the closed roof and after the runoff, open it and check the drainage around the sunroof from inside the car.

Moonroof is what Toyota call it as their option :)

Most sunroofs can stuff up ... My friends HSV Senator with factory sunroof ( hole cut while making car not after)

he got a re-paint and it started leaking .... too late after a day of rain ... 1 wet leather interior ....

if its sealed good then its fine .. maybe a warranty if it was fitted .. like tinted windows lifetime warranty

I would definatly keep a receipt for that if it was me !

BTW my friends insurance didn't cover it because he forgot to tell them he got the car re-painted ... bad arguement with the panel shop followed

Edited by DrivInGScHool

From experience and what people have told me... if it was fitted properly, then u shouldnt have any problems with the seals for alot ofyears.. all depends on the factors where the car has been kept...

eg... does the car sit in direct light all day, the heat will cut the life of the rubber.

eg.... do they live on the beach? the salt will also have some effect on the rubber.....

....maybe look into the price of replacement rubbers..so u know what u could be up for in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a sunroof, and i park in the light all the time, no problem....yet, if u want it just get it, if u always worry bout things u never enjoy life, u could worry that the engine is gonna blow up on u, the brake has faded, the leather seats r f**ked, too many things to worry, just enjoy it while u can and worry when u NEED to, just get it man :)

ive had my sunroof for over 3 years and ive never had any issues with it. no leaks at all.

ive had my sunroof for over 3 years and ive never had any issues with it. no leaks at all.

And for the record Mario, the brand of sunroof is? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i remember when i was still shopping round for a new car (around 04-05) that i asked a toyota dealer about installing a sunroof on the (then) latest model camry. they said they dont reccommend and wouldnt trust anyone in australia to do it. if you wanted to get 1 off toyota, theyd have to order it first, then use a laser to cut into the roof, then install the sunroof.. then wait 6 months for it to be delivered to australia. i guess thats the only way toyota would be able to include that option under a new car warranty.

id love a sunroof on a new car but wouldnt wait 6 months for it.. i dont have that kind of patience if im paying that much for something!

my guess is Hollandia?

man, i'd kill for a sunroof in my stivo!

oh and hail from campbelltown, lol only just noticed you were from there

Yeah I was trying to bait him into saying it himself lol (failing though :()

Hollandia Stratos 2000 series I think?

woudnt mind a sunroof. my mums accord euro has got 1 and its sweet. really fun to have in summer. feel the breeze through my hair. lol goin off track. but does anyone kno any approximate figures on getting a good quality sunroof installed.

I think Webasto Hollandia is the only range or sunroof brand available in Australia.

Prices start from $1300 for the Hollandia 300. Top of the range Hollandia 700 is about $2200. Prices vary of course depending where you go.