Circuit Club Trackday Oct 4

I'm just going from previous personal experience, and the experience of a couple of hundred others from various forums I'm a member of. Oiled filters and hotwire MAF's dont mix well, they'll be ok for a while, but wont last as long as they would if a paper or dry element was in place. It's very easy to remove the sensor and clean it, I think the electical component cleaner is about $7 from Jaycar.

• 2 years later...

I had the same issue when I drop below 1/4 tank at the final turn at Wakefield Park the 1st time out. I've not had the issue again since though, perhaps the coilovers helped to level the car more?

Installing a surge tank would solve the issue, but then you have the issue of where to mount it. It cannot be mounted inside the car as it's a hatch, so it will need to be under the car.

or you could install baffles around the fuel pickup inside the tank to prevent the fuel splashing around so much

yeah i have had the same problem, in that for me it cut out at 6500 rpm on some straight drags. Happens on the rare drag to me. But all have happened when i have launched at 4000 rpm.

having experienced this too myself, I can tell you it is because of riding the clutch too much on takeoff, burning the clutch and overheating it.

It should be fine once you hitn lift in 2nd though, it only effects lift in 1st.

I had the same issue when I drop below 1/4 tank at the final turn at Wakefield Park the 1st time out. I've not had the issue again since though, perhaps the coilovers helped to level the car more?

Installing a surge tank would solve the issue, but then you have the issue of where to mount it. It cannot be mounted inside the car as it's a hatch, so it will need to be under the car.

or you could install baffles around the fuel pickup inside the tank to prevent the fuel splashing around so much

Yup same problem with me at the last corner, and with 1/2 tank of fuel! Had stock suspension back then.

Edited by ZEEROLLA