18 inch with 40 profile tyre

Punk_200sx

Starting to research tyres now, I'm thinking about jumping up a 40 profile tyre to improve comfort with my upcoming cuscos. I'm thinking Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 225/40/18. Has anyone had experiances with a 40 profile 18 inch wheel in the rolla (i.e. rubbing, comfort, looks, speedo out etc.)

I'm not sure about the scrubbing but the speeding will be out by another +3~4% from your 40 profile.

your current setup already puts you out by around +2%. At the end of the day it doesn't make any diff as our speedos are already out anyway.

Edited by qkslvr

Ah k thats good to hear. My speedo is spot on now, at 100km/h, i'm doing 100 km/h (used those speedo alerts between melb and geelong) and at 50km/h im doing 50 km/h in the local streets. I was reading through BlAcK JeT picture comments (225/40/18)and he said his speedo is not out all, so prob tyre profile doesnt make too much of a speed difference.

Any more peeps, with coilovers and 40 profile 18's, please let me know if u have any probs.

bit off topic here

i have 215/45/17 Dunlop SportMaxx, 17"x7" +42 offset, TRD Sportivo suspension and scrub badly in extreme cornering (ie on track)

normal street driving is ok even with full load of passengers.

What about the offset... offset plays a big part when we'r talkin bout scrubbing... even if u have the right tyre n wheel size the offset might screw it up for u... FWD usually have around 35+ to 40+ offset it depends on your car, RWD offset is around 15+ to 25+ so just double check...

bit off topic here

i have 215/45/17 Dunlop SportMaxx, 17"x7" +42 offset, TRD Sportivo suspension and scrub badly in extreme cornering (ie on track)

whats your impression of the smport maxxx tyres?

bit off topic here

Well im looking into getting Bridgestone adrenalines RE001 in this size but I am on coilovers. When you say scrub badly do you mean rubber cutting of the tyre:blink: ATM I am on 1.5-2 finger gaps

• 2 months later...

Bringing this 1 back up again as tyre tread is getting kinda low. Does any1 with 225/40 18's have trouble getting 1st to 2nd lift changes. Please let me know as I am thinking about getting a 40 profile tyre soon