some questions about the aurion (presara & ZR6)

ASHRAF

hello every1,

I was searching the net lately and I'm thinking about getting a presara

but I have some questions to ask you

I saw a ZR6 with sat nav and smart entry/start system

does this model have the HID kit, reversing camera, sun/moon roof, bluetooth?

Is there AUX in the presara for the ipod?

and the last question is:

is there any accessories for the aurion available now?

lowering springs, body kit, CAI, SRI, Exhaust system, etc

I'm ganna wait and see if I can afford the TRD aurion (don't think I will <_< )

and I'll probably buy a 2008 presara

waiting for ur replies

cYa :rolleyes:

hello every1,

I was searching the net lately and I'm thinking about getting a presara

but I have some questions to ask you

I saw a ZR6 with sat nav and smart entry/start system

does this model have the HID kit, reversing camera, sun/moon roof, bluetooth? - I believe just pay $$$ and you will get it (BH)

Is there AUX in the presara for the ipod? - No (BH)

and the last question is:

is there any accessories for the aurion available now?

lowering springs, body kit, CAI, SRI, Exhaust system, etc

I'm ganna wait and see if I can afford the TRD aurion (don't think I will <_< )

and I'll probably buy a 2008 presara

waiting for ur replies

cYa :rolleyes:

The ZR6 comes standard with the smart entry/start system.

It doesnt come standard with the HID kit, reversing camera, sun/moon roof and blue tooth.

However it does come with front and rear parking sensors as standard, also if you pay extra you are able to add the sat NAV system or Sun/moon roof.

As for the mods im not sure if there is anythin out for the aurion yet.

but i think u will be able to find lowering springs and a exhaust system for it.

It doesnt come standard with the HID kit, reversing camera, sun/moon roof and blue tooth.

However it does come with front and rear parking sensors as standard, also if you pay extra you are able to add the sat NAV system or Sun/moon roof.

but i think u will be able to find lowering springs and a exhaust system for it.

^^ wat he said. for the aux ipod plug in there isnt one in zr6. not sure about presara but ım guessıng that doesnt have it either. zr6 and presara plays mp3s so no need for ipod. ı have one too and decıded to not plug it in because i have more than 5000 songs in it and by the time i find a song i want i will arrive at my destination lol.

^^ wat he said. for the aux ipod plug in there isnt one in zr6. not sure about presara but ım guessıng that doesnt have it either. zr6 and presara plays mp3s so no need for ipod. ı have one too and decıded to not plug it in because i have more than 5000 songs in it and by the time i find a song i want i will arrive at my destination lol.

no ipod for the Presara either

thanks for the info guys

have any1 of you asked a carstereo shop if it is possible to integrate the HU to play the iPod and DVD if possible

if that is not possible, I'm ganna probably buy the ZR6 with the standard HU and customize the whole thing (I know I'll lose alot of options that r only available in the presara)

BTW, can any1 buy the ZR6 front and rear end and install it on a presara, (more options, sporty look)

sorry I have lots of questions :rolleyes:

thanks for the info guys

have any1 of you asked a carstereo shop if it is possible to integrate the HU to play the iPod and DVD if possible

if that is not possible, I'm ganna probably buy the ZR6 with the standard HU and customize the whole thing (I know I'll lose alot of options that r only available in the presara)

BTW, can any1 buy the ZR6 front and rear end and install it on a presara, (more options, sporty look)

sorry I have lots of questions :rolleyes:

Not a bad idea if money isn't a problem but probably cheaper to wait and buy the top lien TRD Aurion the SL3500 or whatever its going to be called. at least it will retain it resale a modded Presara will cost you to do it and again when you trade it will hurt you.

Thanks guys for all the answers

I'll think about it for a while

spending $40k on a car that I'm only ganna use for 3 or 4 years is not an easy choice :ph34r:

I may stick with my prety lil' yaris for that while and save the money for a cadillac escalade ext (2010 maybe) in the future :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys for all the answers

I'll think about it for a while

spending $40k on a car that I'm only ganna use for 3 or 4 years is not an easy choice :ph34r:

I may stick with my prety lil' yaris for that while and save the money for a cadillac escalade ext (2010 maybe) in the future :yahoo:

Hello All,

I have a question on the Audio System in Sat nav System thats available on the Aurion as an option or standard in the Presara ( which I have on order ),

The Question is: Will a DVD play in the system?

Hello All,

I have a question on the Audio System in Sat nav System thats available on the Aurion as an option or standard in the Presara ( which I have on order ),

Simple answer: No - The system has 1 slot for DVD and 1 slot for CD (can hold 4 CD's). The slot for DVD is for the map, it does not have built-in memory. I believe it can play DVD but need a firmware (or hack) - one more thing: its screen is not suitable for movies.

BH

Edited by BanHien

Hello All,

Simple answer: No - The system has 1 slot for DVD and 1 slot for CD (can hold 4 CD's). The slot for DVD is for the map, it does not have built-in memory. I believe it can play DVD but need a firmware (or hack) - one more thing: its screen is not suitable for movies.

BH

Yes this is right in my Presara you can load a dvd but nothing happens zip! so no it won't play without a firmware upload of some kind.

it pretty obvoiusly could be made to work but you would be hacking it and i am not so sure it would be a good idea anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

2 weeks ago, I took my Presara to a dealer for a check up (around 2,500km). Today, looking at a small ticker on the windscreen which shows my next oil change is late Feb-2008. Again, reading thru the manuals which say the car has 7,500 km service intervals.

My question: Do you know any car which requires service every 7,500 km or only the Aurions ? (I thought around 10,000 or 15,000 km).

Regards,

BH

Hi all,

2 weeks ago, I took my Presara to a dealer for a check up (around 2,500km). Today, looking at a small ticker on the windscreen which shows my next oil change is late Feb-2008. Again, reading thru the manuals which say the car has 7,500 km service intervals.

My question: Do you know any car which requires service every 7,500 km or only the Aurions ? (I thought around 10,000 or 15,000 km).

Regards,

BH

My 2003 Camry also requires service every 7500km. I think it is standard for Toyota

My 2003 Camry also requires service every 7500km. I think it is standard for Toyota

Thanks - My Camry (Vienta Grande 1999 - still own) has 10,000k intervals, my Honda CR-V has 15,000k intervals and my BMW318i has 25,000k intervals. I thought with new "technology" could be around 10,000k - but actually not. I don't know why the mechanics put a sticker for the end of Feb-2008 - 6 months down the track.

BH

Thanks - My Camry (Vienta Grande 1999 - still own) has 10,000k intervals, my Honda CR-V has 15,000k intervals and my BMW318i has 25,000k intervals. I thought with new "technology" could be around 10,000k - but actually not. I don't know why the mechanics put a sticker for the end of Feb-2008 - 6 months down the track.

BH

How many cars do you have! :yahoo:

BH

Guy's I don't suppose the reson for the lube services being only $150.00 is because there's twice as many needed compared to most Jap cars? (i.e. it's all swings and round abouts; you save on the service costs but you need service twice as much!)

As mentioned, 4 in the house and the Vienta is the most loved car with 8 years under my name and would be another year. Others are from 2 months to 5 years old. Nothing wrong with the Vienta just up and go, that why I bought the Presara recently.

Also as mentioned elsewhere in this forum, the BMW is the least reliable car, engine failed twice during last 4 years (from brand new). I wanted to kick it out but my wife did not let me do so. Could be the service interval is too long which contributes to those failures.

BH

Edited by BanHien

Hi all,

Regards,

BH

As stated in the Aurion service book section 2-3, 7500 service is additional service requirement for certain conditions. Otherwise first service should be 15k.

Hi all,

Regards,

BH

Your intervals are at 7500km same as camry's but you scheduled to keep your warranty intact is 15,000-30,000-45,000-60,000

Capped at $120. (YOUR NOT REQUIRED TO DO MINOR INTERNALS)

you can do your car at 7500-22500 etc but be prepared to pay over $200 for a oil and filter change. Thats in Darwin anyway Sydney or else where might be a bit cheaper.

They get ypu do it every 7500km is for profit its good for you car as well but your paying for it. Remember your 7500km service will not be $120 Capped it will be whatever the going rate is that they charge.

• 1 year later...
has anyone found out if the factory satnav in the 2007 model aurion plays movies and of so, how can you do it?, thanks

See earlier comments. No the one in the Presara doesn't. Aftermarket ones, like some of the guys have fitted do, and are much better units.

Capped at $120. (YOUR NOT REQUIRED TO DO MINOR INTERNALS) ...

Check my invoice today (I did not pay on the spot) and actually they charged me $165 for 30,000 late Oct-2008 with normal service & wheels balancing. Was that fair ?

<i>BH</i>

If you want a luxurious ride, go for the Prodigy...if you want performance go for the TRD but you have to be prepared for a harsher ride.

My recommendation is to do aftermarket sat-nav/DVD because you get much more bang for your buck and a lot more features. I got front and reverse cameras, bluetooth, IPod, sat nav, DVD (Eclipse AVN6000), HIDs, all fully installed for $2550.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner