Kluger Grande - possible to mute?

ccer

Hi,

does anyone know whether it is possible to install a Parrot Bluetooth car kit (CK3200) in a 2007 Kluger Grande and have it mute the audio?

The Parrot site does not list the Kluger (or Highlander) but it seems to me that it should be possible.

regards

Ccer

• 2 months later...

On a side note does any one know where the MP3 input is on the new Grande head unit, I want to connect the rear DVD to the car speakers

Simple answer PC XT: There is none.

Awsome its limited like the Forester now I have two dud Stereo cars and the new Klugers got last years GPS mapping on it any more good news about the car I should know about before we head to day 3 with it :blink::ph34r:

Edited by PC XT

maybe have a look at this link, not sure if it helps.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199700

TA Me thinks the US Sports version is the KXS model may be I keep looking the dealer said it needs an upgrade MP3 cable?

The 2008 Highlander Sport does have one AUX port located inside small compartment underneath center front console and behind the gear stick. This small, narrow compartment also has 12V plug and small shelf large enough for IPOD. We use AUX to plug in satellite radio and our IPOD, although satellite is used more often.

Had a look could not find it

TA Me thinks the US Sports version is the KXS model may be I keep looking the dealer said it needs an upgrade MP3 cable?

The 2008 Highlander Sport does have one AUX port located inside small compartment underneath center front console and behind the gear stick. This small, narrow compartment also has 12V plug and small shelf large enough for IPOD. We use AUX to plug in satellite radio and our IPOD, although satellite is used more often.

Because you have the Grande the head unit is the SatNav and there is no AUX input. The KX-S Aux input is on the unit front (bottom right corner).

Because you have the Grande the head unit is the SatNav and there is no AUX input. The KX-S Aux input is on the unit front (bottom right corner).

Ripped OFF!

• 2 weeks later...
Ripped OFF!

Now I am thinking a way since the younger one (1 year old) does not seems to grap the concept of headphone. I think of a way to put the sound to the general speakers

FM transmitter! Using the headphone plug to a transmitter and receive it in the FM radio. Perfect! Just have to find a strong one.

Ripped OFF!

Now I am thinking a way since the younger one (1 year old) does not seems to grasp the concept of headphone. I think of a way to put the sound to the general speakers

FM transmitter! Using the headphone plug to a transmitter and receive it in the FM radio. Perfect! Just have to find a strong one.

Dont want to be negative but I have been using one in the XT for the past 2 years they are not ideal and very susceptible to interference, may be ok for the kids though.

All our three boys use the headphone but the youngest nearly 4 complains some times.

I still cant believe such a high end unit does not have a simple audio input its crazy!!! :whistling:

:whistling:

Dont want to be negative but I have been using one in the XT for the past 2 years they are not ideal and very susceptible to interference, may be ok for the kids though.

All our three boys use the headphone but the youngest nearly 4 complains some times.

I still cant believe such a high end unit does not have a simple audio input its crazy!!! :whistling:

:whistling:

It is... I brought a cheapy one just to get through. Not expected to be cinema quality either. I wonder if it works haha.

My girls loves to sing in the car... so the MP3 player works just as fine.

Ripped OFF!

Now I am thinking a way since the younger one (1 year old) does not seems to grap the concept of headphone. I think of a way to put the sound to the general speakers

Im really suprised as well that theres no auxillary input for the audio system. I think its available on the KX-S and R ?? not too sure though. So its dissapointing that its no available on the grande. More investigating may be required.

I cant say Im a big fan of those cheap FM transmitters, their quality leaves a lot to be desired. They fade in and out and are prone to interference.

Theyre a good idea and are an easy way to get your MP3 on the car audio but personally Ive put the few I tried into the round filing cabinet....LOL