$15000... Which Toyota?

Choices choices choices... My friend wants to spend around $15000 on a toyota... which would be most suitable? it's going to be a daily ride that needs at least SOME form of vroom to happily overtake ;)

1. 1990 AE92 Corolla Sedan with a 4AGZE or a 20V transplant, 17" wheels, lowering and bits n pieces

2. 1990 SV21 Camry (like mine) with a 3SGTE transplant, 18" wheels, lowering and bits n pieces

3. 1999 MCV20 Gen4 Camry Conquest manual V6 with minimal engine mods, 20" wheels, MASSIVE lowering and bits n pieces

4. 2004 1ZZ Corolla Sedan Conquest manual...

engine mods (125-130kw flywheel target), 18" wheels, lowering and bits n pieces would come laaaaaaater

5. Other???

the AE92 and the SV21 would be overkill as he doesn't really need that amount of power... so wat would yous pick???

oh can anyone turn this into a poll?

3. 1999 MCV20 Gen4 Camry Conquest manual V6 with minimal engine mods, 20" wheels, MASSIVE lowering and bits n pieces

4. 2004 1ZZ Corolla Sedan Conquest manual...

engine mods (125-130kw flywheel target), 18" wheels, lowering and bits n pieces would come laaaaaaater

The V6 Camry would be awesome but good luck finding a manual one, if mine was manual I'd have kept it, they're very underrated! They look good lowered too, and there's plenty of potential (and space!) for a massive stereo install.

In terms of the 1ZZ I think the power output is a bit outlandish unless you go for F/I. If your friend wants a hatch then make me an offer :D

As for suggestions, since you are looking at one big sedan, why not more? How about the Toyota (Lexus) Celsior (L400), or Lexus (Toyota) GS300 (Aristo), or Lexus ES300. I would happily trade the 'rolla for a big luxo-barge Japanese saloon car like these bad boys, especially with the torquey 4.0 V8 from the Soarer (no applicable if your mate is a P-plater). They have huge potential for airbag suspension, VIP rims, and big bad audio.

In the sub zero fridge on the far right of the Top Gear cool wall :lol:

MR2 is a negative... the same reason why he didn't pick his dream car (4door R32).... he needs a FIVE seater and he's not into hatches lol...

oh n its gotta be a manual... and another reason why the Aristo, Chaser, Celsior werent chosen was price, running costs and availability of parts since it's going to be a daily ride for a long time... we found a couple of manual V6s... there was a PERFECT one for $7000 1998 model... one problem was it only had power windows upfront lol... same problem we encountered with the 1ZZ Corolla ACCENT Sedan... with the 1ZZ Corolla he won't be going crazy over mods since it's practically brand new like just the basics and HOPEFULLY it'll reach the target goal (doubt it)...

Fact: the fuel economy from the 'all alloy' 1MZFE in the V6 camry is INCREDIBLE when compared to other 3.0L motors... the economy is pretty damn close to what you'd expect from a 2.2L 4cyl motor... and it makes 141kw just like the 2ZZ but it has close to 100Nm more torque... there's no replacement for displacement (allthough it is around 200kg heavier)... apparently the manual MCV20 is THE fastest stock ADM Camry ever pretty nice...

you may even get lucky and be able to get an Aristo for that.

You can easily get an aristo for under $15K, only in auto though and most with a poor service history.

you may even get lucky and be able to get an Aristo for that.

You can easily get an aristo for under $15K, only in auto though and most with a poor service history.

I was factoring compliance costs as well. It's difficult to find one under $15,000 complied and in reasonable condition.

easy to get one for that price from QLD complied and registered, taking a QLD complied vehicle to NSW requires the car to be engineered again in NSW.

again with Aristo and the MR2... the car needed is a sedan with FIVE seats that's reliable, cheap, cheap to insure, cheap to run, cheap to repair, cheap on fuel... my friend's two favorite cars from the list would have to be the AE92 (GZE or 20V transplant) or the SV21 (3SGTE transplant) BUT they're not as practical... like he doesn't NEED that amount of power as he would be happy enough with a low 16second to high 15second car... oh and the AE92 and SV21 are getting a little old since he's planning on keeping it for years and years and years to come...

btw his DREAM car is a 4door R32... but the only problem that it's a 4 seater and he needs a five seater... would it be possible to custom convert the rear seats AND get it registered as a 5 seater???

I know someone with a very nice AE92 seca with 20V, extremely tastefully modded. He was looking to sell a while ago but took it off the market because of tyre kickers and dreamers wanting it for $4,000. I can find out if he is still interested in selling if you want?

The back seats in the Skyline, and the Aristo for that matter are not very practical.

A good one would be a 1UZ-FE Celsior. They are not too bad for insurance and 1UZs are relatively cheap and easy to get parts for as they are locally delivered engines in Lexus models.

$4000 is pretty great but he's after a sedan AE92 specifically... and with the 1UZ again petrol costs is another issue... and it's also gotta be a manual too... but man the celsior is sooo hektik freakin torque machine 'sideways action' ;)

the car needed is a sedan with FIVE seats that's reliable, cheap, cheap to insure, cheap to run, cheap to repair, cheap on fuel...

Camry V6 or Commodore S pack. I love my Toys but if that's the criteria, I think he'd be best off with the big domestic. He's kidding himself if he thinks he can get anything quicker on the cheap.

dont bother witha 3sgte or a 4agze if he cares about petrol. Tell him to buy a stock sedan and be done with it.

the thing is he's got a soft spot for the SV21 and the AE92 sedan but they're just not fast enough for him... maybe a 3SGE or a 20V would be more suitable...

Camry V6 or Commodore S pack. I love my Toys but if that's the criteria, I think he'd be best off with the big domestic. He's kidding himself if he thinks he can get anything quicker on the cheap.

the commodore is a 200% NO F'ING WAY lol... and the same goes for any falcone lol :D but yea the V6 Camry is at the top of the list right now

if that the case maybe echoe sedan? the newer the better, no point saving all that money on fuel insurance and etc just to spend it on repair

the echo sedan just doesn't cut it for him... he doesn't like the way it looks n its just not powerful enough

Does not fit any of your criteria except the price, but it is so sexy

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-1975-corolla...1QQcmdZViewItem

oooooooooooh yeaaa :spiteful: drool

stay away from getting modifying AE92 sedans... you'll have a very difficult time when selling.

When purchasing cars you should also think about the reselling value, ease to sell and how long you hope to keep the car for.