Modifications requiring engineering certificates ????

hey people. just got pulled over about 30 mins ago and thought this might be the right thread to post it in. i was driving my cousins ae92 sx corolla in granville which is on high alert after todays shootings. my cousin dosent have his licence so he asked me to drive. was comming back home to auburn on mona street and saw a high way patrol go past me. we went for a lil while till the cop did a u turn and came and hunted me down. did the usual RB test and then got my licence. she coudnt find anything against me then decided to go with defecting. had a look under the hood and saw all the goodies. hehe :whistling: the corolla has got a 4AGE 20V engine swap. she defected for engine head breather, subwoofer not secure, exhaust, CAI, small crack in windshield, and rims were 17inch. got 7 days to fix all the stuff and get a engineers certificate. she wrote out the defect paper but chose not to give any fines which would have added up into the hundreds. so people with modded up corolla's, do not head into granville at the moment.

why wasn't the vehicle engineered?

It's common knowledge that a 20V swap in NSW requires engineering. The engine/ECU combo was never released in the AE9x chassis.

And i'm sure you have never EVER broken a law in your life you wonderful law abiding citizen :blink:

You cant blame Grey-Rolla for having his p plates stolen off the back of his car... do you check the back of your car before you hop in? i certainly dont, unless the back is facing me as i was walking towards it. how would u know if it was stolen or not? if it was stolen a week ago and hadnt been replaced - maybe a ticket is worthwhile.

The point is, I'm not trying to push onto people that I'm abiding with the law when clearly Grey_Rolla wasn't. That's all.

Anyway, I added slapstick. He advised other P-platers to keep spare P-plates in his car. Such good advice, don't you think?

EOS.

hey people. just got pulled over about 30 mins ago and thought this might be the right thread to post it in. i was driving my cousins ae92 sx corolla in granville which is on high alert after todays shootings. my cousin dosent have his licence so he asked me to drive. was comming back home to auburn on mona street and saw a high way patrol go past me. we went for a lil while till the cop did a u turn and came and hunted me down. did the usual RB test and then got my licence. she coudnt find anything against me then decided to go with defecting. had a look under the hood and saw all the goodies. hehe :whistling: the corolla has got a 4AGE 20V engine swap. she defected for engine head breather, subwoofer not secure, exhaust, CAI, small crack in windshield, and rims were 17inch. got 7 days to fix all the stuff and get a engineers certificate. she wrote out the defect paper but chose not to give any fines which would have added up into the hundreds. so people with modded up corolla's, do not head into granville at the moment.

He won't be needing the car if he doesn't have his licence...

Why did you let her look under the bonnet? How did she know all that stuffabout the car? I'd like to find a woman like that! "Nice CAI!" haha :D

I find it amusing that you bitch about getting booked for not having P plates on your car, would take all of 5sec to check front/back and all of 30sec to get them out of the car and put them on...people Iho get done for this are just plain lazy....

Using the excuse "the p-plate fell off" is NO excuse because there is a perfectly acceptable mounting option for them which is almost guaranteed not to let them fall off. P-plate holders can be acquired from just about any auto-parts shop and probably K-mart etc too for around $10-15, require two screws each to attach to your number plate, then if you're absolutely anal you can add some electrical tape to keep the plates in their holders. Sure, people may still try to nick them, but they don't do that WHILST you're driving, do they? So just keep a stack of spares in the car (as JP said, the RTA provide them free anyway), and just do a check before you get into the car that none are missing.