Mazda 2 MPS

The whole new Mazda 2 has not even been released yet. I think it's due here in October which isn't too long away. However, all the way over in Hiroshima Japan they techies and engineers at Mazda are already in development of developing an MPS version of the car. How crazy is that?

Apparently the MPS version of the 2 will have a 2.0 litre DISI 4cyc turbocharged (similar to that of the 2.3litre in the 3MPS and 6MPS). That's 171KW! Torque you ask? 231lb/ft which should be equivalent to roughly 310Nm! All this in a car that weighs approx 1000kgs. Now that's a kw/kg ratio better than an FPV or HSV if my calcuations are correct :P

Rumours have it that it could arrive here for under $30k. I really have my doubts about that but let's wait and see.

No pictures of the 2MPS available yet (or I just haven't searched hard enough), but here are a few of what the next generation Mazda 2 will look like... and can look like :) The real 2MPS should look a whole heap beefier and tougher.

mazda2unveiledgeneva2mz2.jpg

mazda2unveiledgeneva7fm5.jpg

A couple of nice chops by Flameboy! 2 Door FTW!

mps2redmj9.jpg

mps2uu4.jpg

It better come to Australia! :D

From what I've read, it's more likely to be a 1.3L turbo (at least for JDM), as the big 2.0L would break the boundaries of what the new 2 is trying to achieve (smaller, lighter than the old one, reversing the trend of superminis getting bigger these days)

thats a sweet looking mazda2. the current one is unbearable to even look at.

wouldnt mind one actually. and that is a ****load of pwr for a little car like that.

i love it.

Whats wrong with the current one? Whilst no style leader, you could hardly call it ugly. Plain maybe, or boring, or bland, but not ugly

And they are an awesome car to drive too, plus very practical (my parents own one)

thats a sweet looking mazda2. the current one is unbearable to even look at.

wouldnt mind one actually. and that is a ****load of pwr for a little car like that.

i love it.

Whats wrong with the current one? Whilst no style leader, you could hardly call it ugly. Plain maybe, or boring, or bland, but not ugly

And they are an awesome car to drive too, plus very practical (my parents own one)

current shaped one to me looks more suited to drivers over 50. this one looks more suited to any age. very new age. i like it.