Machined Brake Rotors

I have been trying to find places in Brisbane to get my rotors machined but have been finding i difficult to find places that do it.

So far I have found one place. I called them up and got a price, but as I have nothing to compare this with, I am at a loss as to whether this is the right price or not.

The place I have found is Col Robinson & Co. in Kedron, and they have said the figure should be around $210

yeah i wouldn't be paying anything more than $30 per disc. They may charge more if they have to take them off and replace them, but for the amount of effort it takes you should rip them off the car yourself and save some cash.

Your local Midas/Repco/Toyota dealer should be able to help you out no worries :)

Thanks guys, I knew that this was way too expensive, but I have never done it before and had no other prices to compare, I ended up finding another one doing it for around $100 for me just up the rd from work that I didn't even know about.

A machine that runs a blade across the surface of the discs, to remove glazing and so that the brake pads can bite into the discs a little better.

Usually removes 1-2mm a run.

== better braking power

hmm......what exactly is "machined brake rotors" ??? is this like resurfacing the rotors?

Disc rotors can sometimes wear unevenly or even warp. You can tell this is happening when you stomp of the anchors and you feel the wheel and/or brake pedal vibrating. When this occurs its time to have the rotors machined. Usually they take anywhere between 1mm to 2mm off the rotor depending on thier condition ans minimum operating thickness. This process also needs to be done when the discs get glazed.

Hope that ahs cleared things up :)

Cheers

EDIT: Damn got beaten again!

Edited by T_Money

Cheaper to get some slotted rotors at that price and some nice EBC green pads.

I had the same problem with my VW , and was cheaper to get new rotors.

The thing would stop as well as an STI on a track day at Mt Cotton I went to.