Sluggish

I find that my car is getting a bit sluggish and feels like it has lost a bit of power. When I first got the car and revved to the lift zone the car pulls hard. Now it feels like the engine struggles when it reaches the lift zone.

Is this because i didn't run the engine in as i should have. Coz i started revving it to the **** house after 1000km's.

Plus i get a knocking noise when it is idling coming from the engine. Sounds like the timing is out, the valves might need to be adjusted again.

The temperature seems to make a big difference as well.

Nice cool morning the car is awesome - but the middle of a hot day

(over 30 deg) it doesn't pull anywhere near as hard. Anyone else found this?

Wonder if the CAI helps on the really hot days?

yeah temperature makes a massive difference as you pointed out, as for me when i drive i do not use lift and usually keep the car at lower rpm during those crazy thirty to forty degree days when its boiling. I cant imagine its healthy to rev the car to 6-8krpm for lift during that heat, so i dont do it.

Also do warm up your car, wouldnt believe how many celica posts ive read where people have complained about lift disengaging in the morning. the car has to warm up before it lets u engage lift and people are trying to hit lift within minutes of a cold start lol.. :blink:

I saw a blue sportivo corolla in stclair the other day as i was passing through, it looked quite nice

Yeah...I always warm up the car first every morning.

Also the fuel could be a factor. I use Optimax.

What do u think the best fuel is?

How long do u have to run in the engine before u can start revving it hard.....coz i started revving hard after 1000Km on the clock. I also revved it as soon as i drove it out of the dealer. Do u think that could have stuffed it a bit?

Also the fuel could be a factor. I use Optimax.

What do u think the best fuel is?

There could be your answer mate, be careful which petrol station you use Optimax from. I stopped using it after my third fillup because the fuel was shoit, so ever since im pouring the 8000 synergy, so far no problems.

yeah its one of those things, mobile and optimax are suppose to be great, and generally they are but believe everyone (like above : ) when they say that it can vary from servo to servo..

If u want to try something different use Caltex Vortex (its Premium of course) or BP Ultimate (which is suppose to be 98 Ron - a slightly higher octane level than normal premium...suited for performance jap cars such as the rex)....

put in some synergy 8000 as it will clean the engine as well as run better.

optimax is ok, but if u leave it for a while it will gel up so some servos will have sh*t optimax... thats y i never use it. prefer to ALWAYS get good petrol instead of sumtimes.

also u must have really pushed ur car hard to f*ck it up so quik.... if u didnt push it close to racing conditions then u have nufing to worry about.

and BP Ultimate or Caltex Vortex are not higher octane level then optimax or synergy8000. from what i kno they are all 98ron, but i heard that BP Ultimate was lower.

it does acctually, u should try it. its not really worth it running ur car with octane booster in it all the time as its not very cheap(compared to fuel prices - itll make a tank of fuel at least $15 more expensive). but it dose make a noticable diff.