Footy Finals 2007

MT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bulldogz arent bad... i like em almost as much as the eels but congrats to the eels!

too bad bout tahu saying "i wish" when johns asked him post match if it was possible to get out of the rugby union contract :P

but yea tahu'z the man! great game!

PARRA! :clap::clap::clap: PARRA! :clap::clap::clap: PARRA! :clap::clap::clap:

one thing im curious about -

the dropkick that parra did during the game made me think about the way the players kick in the NRL compared to aussie rules.

why does the ball have to bounce off the ground before you can kick it in NRL? is it against the rules to kick it aussie rules style?

Edited by JJCRU23R

the dropkick that parra did during the game made me think about the way the players kick in the NRL compared to aussie rules.

why does the ball have to bounce off the ground before you can kick it in NRL? is it against the rules to kick it aussie rules style?

I'm not to sure either JJ... the rules specify it must be a drop kick, but i have no idea why the rule is that. probably just some history type thing :P

The eels to pip the bulldogs!

they didnt pip them Pete, they ran away with it!!! 25 - 6 good win!

haha!

Yeah man i think the eels supporters shook down the castle hill RSL!

What an atmosphere it was!!!

Great win!!! TAHU the machine!

I'm not to sure either JJ... the rules specify it must be a drop kick, but i have no idea why the rule is that. probably just some history type thing :P

so it IS in the rulebooks somewhere?!

interesting stuff!

AFL:

Geelong v Collingwood

Port Adelaide v Kangaroos

NRL:

Melbourne v Parramatta

Manly v Cowboys

:(

Geelong played real well Brandon... good work. Should have been the grand final

Geelong def Collingwood 92 - 87 :(

Port def Kangaroos 113 - 46

Manly def Cowboys 28 - 6

FINALS!!!!

Geelong v Port Adelaide

Manly v ???

YEAH BABY! GO THE CATS :D

I was so nervous watching the game right from the get go. Bloody nerve racking like hell, especially the last few minutes. So wrapped we managed to hang on.

Bloody great game though. No one can deny that.

GO THE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast:

Melbourne 26 - 10 good game though!! I thought Parra deserved that last try!!!

Alright, so Finals are decided!!

Geelong v Port Adelaide

Melbourne v Manly

Tips? Melbourne in both forms. Unbeatable.

Its interesting to note that in the finals this year are:

1. The favourites

2. Teams 1 and 2 and end of season

3. Teams that had a week off

Doesnt usually happen that way!

YEAH BABY! GO THE CATS :D

I was so nervous watching the game right from the get go. Bloody nerve racking like hell, especially the last few minutes. So wrapped we managed to hang on.

Bloody great game though. No one can deny that.

GO THE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast:

i take my hat off to the Geelong fellas Brandon... i'm sitting on the edge of my seat at home with me jersey and scarf and biting im nails the whole time!! Shoulda seen me, after Medhurst kicked the goal to put us within 5 points, and the last centre bounce went out way and then Geelong got tackled on the 50m line down Collingwoods end before the siren went, i'm jumping up and down screaming "Holding the Ball!! Thats a Penalty!!! COME ON!!!" Clearly, it was definately not holding the ball but i knew a penalty would be the only thing to get us over the line cos the clock beat us!!! i reckon we had the next goal in us anyway!!!

ah well, we got one of the youngest teams, there's always next year. Be interesting to see which way Chris Judd jumps... if he's interested in the Pies, i wanna know what the deal they will crack is. Cos if they offer Pendlebury, Thomas or Didak i will cry!

wow.... apparently there was an AFL grand final on today... not that you would know as only 1 team showed up!!

Go the Cats!! Very deserving winners.

Final score 163 - 44

Biggest AFL grand final winning margin ever!!! Basically 20 goals!!

wOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

GO THE POWER!!!!

Ooops*

*Not that I follow AFL much apart from St Kilda (don't ask me why, I just like them), I watched the last half hour of the AFL grand final and it reminded me of the A-league grand final last year: 6 - 0 in the most one-sided grand final I've ever seen. Sometimes I wonder how much some teams prepare for the grand final, and whether or not they actually deserve to be there. The last two AFL grand finals have been one by only 1 point, and whilst I hate the Swans the result obviously goes to show that the two teams were very evenly matched, and either would have been deserving of the trophy if they had won it

i was at work when i was watching the game.. (making bread... listening with my back to the tv)...

i turned off the tv at the end of hte first quarter and turned on the radio. i knew things werent gonna improve for port.. sucks.

anywayz...

GO THE SEA EAGLES...

i hate melbourne more than i like the manly... melbourne dont deserve a nrl team lol.. themz aussie rules territory down there!

nothign wrong with melbourne.. i got cousins there and love being there. but its a mistake that they play origin there and its a mistake that they should even have an rugby team let alone get a shot in the grand final..

IF melbourne want a rugby team they shouldnt have NSW or QLD playerz.. id like to see them with ALL VIC players representing melbourne.. all skinny and jumping 15 feet in the air while tahu buries em with a spear tackle... argh tahu gone union what the hell is that!!

they play the nrl footy show like midnight over there!?! kinda like we get to see the afl footy show around that time in sydney.. its a twisted experience going to melbourne for a day if you are from sydney..

and what the hell is a hook turn??! you drive in the left lane but you are trying to turn right? i dont get it

edit-sorry melbourne peepz... dont know where that all came from?! i guess im just annoyed that all aussie rules finals gotta be played in melbourne even if there isnt a victorian team in the final... thats another screwy thing about melbourne! whats up with that!?@!?! geezz.. i guess i just got plenty of beef with the victorianz.. stealing adelaides grand prix was the camel that broke the straws back

edit edit- i drink tonight.

Edited by JJCRU23R

I can't believe this, but as a devoted Knights supporter I'm actually gunning for Manly in the NRL final.........better them than the bunch of Knights rejects*

*for those who don't know, the Melbourne Storm were created mostly from ex-Hunter Mariners players after Super League collapsed in 1998

**The only thing Newcastle hates more than Manly is traitors

Edited by Hiro Protagonist