AURION with only 7km's "Going Extra Cheap"

Presara

I happened to be looking for a car on the net with a mate of mine when I though I'd quickly search for Aurion's on Pickles web site (just for the hell of it) when I stumbled accross a really cheap one.

It's a real crying shame in fact to see a car so new in such a state.

The following link won't last long as this car is going under the hammer on Friday 14/09/07 but for those of you interested in seeing what a new Aurion Write Off is worth visit http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged/vehicle/...2043251/lotid-0 then click on "Bid online" and register as an observer.

post-5358-1189639145_thumb.jpg

post-5358-1189639153_thumb.jpg

post-5358-1189639162_thumb.jpg

post-5358-1189639168.jpg

post-5358-1189639177.jpg

post-5358-1189639187.jpg

Edited by Presara

I happened to be looking for a car on the net with a mate of mine when I though I'd quickly search for Aurion's on Pickles web site (just for the hell of it) when I stumbled accross a really cheap one.

The following link won't last long as this car is going under the hammer on Friday 14/09/07 but for those of you interested in seeing what a new Aurion Write Off is worth visit http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged/vehicle/...2043251/lotid-0 then click on "Bid online" and register as an observer.

Damm.. Wonder what happened to it.. Thinking i might put a bid on.

Damm.. Wonder what happened to it.. Thinking i might put a bid on.

I suspect the delivery truck got a little careless when he was lowering the top deck to get another car off?

What do you think it will fetch?

My guess is $20-22k

Edited by Presara

Yep I think you're in the right ball park with the figure... it won't be cheap by any means

C Pillar is broken. I guess you cannot get a RWC even if it is repairable. Whoever purchased it will get some very new spare parts, however.

I suspect the delivery truck got a little careless when he was lowering the top deck to get another car off?

Yeah I agree - 7km is what mine had on it when I picked it up - its done a total of production test, drive to car park at Altona and then on to the truck then off the truck at the dealership.

Bad luck to some prospective owner :angry:

It's not flaged as a "Sat. Write Off" on the Pickles site (which they are obliged to declare as this means the vehicle can never be registered on Australian or New Zealand roads NO MATTER WHAT and therefore only good for spare parts.

Given that it's only got 7km I'll bet it's never been registered either, so the RTA won't know the car exists as such. This can make for a real bonus for buyers of cars that are written off in circumstances like this as the vehicle technically doesn't exist on the national register and therfore can not be Registered on the sysytem as a Written Off Vehicle (WOVR) as a Repairable Write Off.

Meaning that once the vehicle is repaired; provided the repair job is 1st class of course, you can register it and sell it when the time comes to get rid of it and nobody need know that you bought it damged in the first place. Where as if the vehicle is listed on the WOVR it can be registered yes, but it will be flaged for life every time you or a potential buyer does a REV's check. It will come up with a disclaimer that the vehicle is a Repairable Write Off and that any new car warranty that may have been applicable to the vehicle may now be Void. It also suggests that you check with the manufacturer before purchasing the vehicle.

Of course if you're a dodgy mofo you buy it, fix it and try and pass it off as a good clean car. However if you just want a good clean car which you know the caliber of the repair you could buy yourself a cheap car, fix it, dive it for several years and then sell it for what it is. You'll be selling it for less, but then you should have paid alot less for it in the first place. I guess only only real trick is to be sure as to what its likely to cost you to repair it before you buy it...

Edited by Presara

It is a loophole of the system. The car should have been statutory written off because of the broken C pillar but not because the car doesn't exist. Repairer can only hide the damage but not able to fix a broken pillar car to it's 100% unless the whole body is replaced. It is a matter of life and death if the car rolled over. Good luck to the innocent third party who purchase the repaired vehicle if it was purchased by a dishonest repairer for a profit.

Edited by Kmg

You said it KMG - it's a big loop hole in the system and people are at risk of buying this car repaired and sold under false pretenses as a 2nd hand motor vehicle.

Did anyone happen to view the car on the web to see if it sold and for how much?

Unfortunately I'm interstate on business at present and therefore I was unable to easily access the next, so I've missed the auction on line.

Edited by Presara