IT DIED。。。 this is shrine to ae86 (これはAE八六の神社)

Guest delete

Guest JDM y0 !

hey peeps i been absent for like 4 months (or longer) O_O !!! just been busy and stuffs.

dis is my car. i will post up some better pics like next week if i have time.

l_07ac88175474ee447241147e5b87164d.jpg

engine jdm smallport from ae92 (143ps)

head shaved and 0.5mm headgasket (11:1 compression)

ae111 blacktop flywheel that was lightened

kaizen garage extractors (4into 1)

custom thermo fan setup

full 2inch exhaust from extractors

aircon removed

vl turbo fuel pump

Apex SAFC II

Suspensions

ma61 supra/lotus excel 14x7 pos 8 rims

pirelli p6000 front and rear tyres.

slightly stiffer rear swaybar from some old corolla

unkown rate springs with standard shocks (car isnt too low so remains captive)

ae71 strut tops (more castor than ae86)

Body

remote central locking.

full trueno front conversion

nicely nice bosozoku ultra jdm window tint on all windows.

GT-Apex painted bumpers

Fujiwara Tofu Store foglights (not pictured)

interior

twincam16 leather wheel

recaro driver seat

gei style passenger seat

hello kitty stickers courtesy of my ex gf. adds like 40ps.. fo sho !

BEGIN !! the thinking out loud diary of satoh brett, discussion of stupidly boring things (my thoughts)

Edited by ddonggae

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JDM y0 !

i didnt weigh it, but from memory having no aircon parts saves like around 15kg somebody told me !! a good saving from the front of the car. now i just need to ditch the factory manifold and put 4 motorbike carbs on this lol ! haha. i still gotta install apex SAFC but i will wait till i get some cams oviously. then............... no more money will be spent on this car other than tyres and petrol. i am to get serious. i bought an ae82 so i may sell this car if someone gave me a decent offer. either way dont really care. ae82 has good fuel economy as i drive it sensible and no one tries to race you as its a grandpa spec sedan, so instantly its a better car. ^__^

Guest JDM y0 !

haha i missed you guys and girls !

i gotta start going on TOC victoria cruises now. the desire is there, but the time is hard to find >., <;;;

if mr kaze is going on any cruises then i will tag along providing i get the time.

i look foward to meeting a lot of the melbourne crew here.

i hope that "fully_sick_mate" person is not a member on here anymore. hahahahaha O_O !!

here is an old interior pic of the car.

l_a797a971c338cb7e1887fdd18fa8b559.jpg

i found this on my phone, the only one i had ^___^

more pics later maybe if i can find some.

Guest JDM y0 !

in my time away i made the discovery front drive is better than rear drive.

it works far better. even my ae82 if it had some decent suspensions upgrades i would prefere it to da ae86. more stable at a corner exit etc.

it works far better. even my ae82 if it had some decent suspensions upgrades i would prefere it to da ae86. more stable at a corner exit etc.

Independant rear suspension FTW!

Guest JDM y0 !

^

do you mean ae82 has IRS rear end ?? lol i never looked under my ae82 so i got no idea.

front drive is better for grip than rear drive, i love front drive... i hope all the hektic drift "cool guys" didnt hear me say that... haha.

Guest JDM y0 !

i was thinking about this today. rear drive like neg camber at the front. this is because of how the suspensions flex with cornering and helps grip. the front wheels are used only for turning.

with front drive i assume that because the front wheels also accelerate then you want no neg camber ?? im pretty sure that is how it works ??

so that means rear drive should have no rear neg camber ???? (with irs) because rear wheels accelerate.

i wonder what other peeps think about this situation ??

^

do you mean ae82 has IRS rear end ?? lol i never looked under my ae82 so i got no idea.

front drive is better for grip than rear drive, i love front drive... i hope all the hektic drift "cool guys" didnt hear me say that... haha.

Yes, the AE82 has IRS. In fact, all FWD Corollas up until the AE112 had IRS, then they switched to the torsion beam.

Guest JDM y0 !

i will think more about the camber discussion i made just before. i will think when i have some more spare time. but plz other peeps think too :P ke ke

Edited by dong-soo

Guest dong-soo

i found an old pic. i hand polished my ma61/lotus excel rims. note in this pic the car has falken rear tyres not pirellis as i currently run (used to run pirelli p6000 fronts and falken rears, now i run p6000 front and rear)

l_3c00535a863ff42e081f8e404d02d112.jpg

Edited by dong-soo

• 1 month later...
Guest dong-soo

oh to note..

unlike so many many ae86 owners i am not cheapazz gai !!

i did refresh and improve everything other than pistons etc.

like all new belts, seals everything to ensure reliable engine.

i aim for 170ps in the future, keep it streetable etc.

Back to your debate before, neg camber is very good on the front of a front wheel drive car if u want it to go round corners quicker... dont think it would affect the acceleration though.

Guest dong-soo
Back to your debate before, neg camber is very good on the front of a front wheel drive car if u want it to go round corners quicker... dont think it would affect the acceleration though.

i was from the thought that because the front wheels do the task of both turning AND accelerating, the wheels will grip less as they do both of these tasks at once, so the negaitve camber wiould form less tyre angle on the road, thus decreasing tyre grip... but then again i guess as the suspensions move with weight of the car the tyre angle changes etc ? u think ? .....

how would front wheel drive be with rear negative camber ?? is this reccomended or not at all ??

reason is.. i see all these commodore with SICK low and the rear camber is rediculous... the tyre angle formed on the road WILL result in less straight line grip with the reas wheels accelerating and having that camber... this is ma thought anyway.

man... looket what we get into ^__^ ke ke.

Guest dong-soo

i am still of this opinion..

lately i have drive so many great FF cars, i cant see anything other than FR is more a fun car.

FF is great. i have had privalage of drive cars like integra R and civic and more cars.

u know unlike so many ae86 drivers, i can looket this with open mind..

remember... i am not hektic drifter... i am infact drift HATER.

so i can enjoy FF and MR... i am not biased to FR.

many ae86 owners seem the opinion of "oh this car is FF !! .... oh it doesnt drift.. man.. thiz muzt be gei !!"

when this is back on the road i will use semi slicks...

Edited by dong-soo

Guest dong-soo
Awesome ride man!!! One of my mates is looking at getting an 86 Trueno, he is hoping to get it by the end of dec. I would also love to get an 86 Levin.

oooh !! thankyooo !!

i wanna get non FR car... maybe he can make an offer on ma toreno when its finish :D

remember.. i am not typical ae86 owner ^__^ V

ke ke ^__^

oooh !! thankyooo !!

i wanna get non FR car... maybe he can make an offer on ma toreno when its finish :D

remember.. i am not typical ae86 owner ^__^ V

ke ke ^__^

Haha, thats alright man. Well ill give him the like to this thread and it'll be up to him. :lol:

• 2 months later...