What should I get next?

AUR15

Hey all I was wondering what the next thing I do to my 07 Corolla.

I have swapped The Headunit, and got an amp and sub in so no more audio for a while.

I have done underdash neons and a neon in the boot.

I have put on an Sport Muffler.

I was wondering the best thing to do for around $400? Or should I save up more and get something else?

Also someone says they can get me Lambo doors? Do you guys think that would be cool or too impractable??

Do you guys think I should get a paint or vinyl job??

Please Input, as all you guys have sweet rides and Im sure you guys sometimes have moments of what to do next?

P.S I dont want to do anything to the engine yet etc because my Insurance is high enough as it is :)

Hey all I was wondering what the next thing I do to my 07 Corolla.

I have swapped The Headunit, and got an amp and sub in so no more audio for a while.

I have done underdash neons and a neon in the boot.

I have put on an Sport Muffler.

I was wondering the best thing to do for around $400? Or should I save up more and get something else?

Also someone says they can get me Lambo doors? Do you guys think that would be cool or too impractable??

Do you guys think I should get a paint or vinyl job??

Please Input, as all you guys have sweet rides and Im sure you guys sometimes have moments of what to do next?

P.S I dont want to do anything to the engine yet etc because my Insurance is high enough as it is :)

hey dude. I noticed in your gallery that you've got some cross drilled rotors...and I love the sticker you have on the guard LOL :toast:

lambo scissor doors look funny on a 4 door car imo. If you're going to "pimp'd cruiser" look then less-is-more. get a nice paint job before you commit to interior vinyl so that you have a better idea of the colour theme.

Here is a couple of links to some other members who have taken the "pimp my ride" philosophy =)

Scissor door corolla

Candy Apple Red Rolla

1. lower you car

2. cross drilled or slotted discs

3 strut braces

4. extractors

5. aftermarket air filter

6. larger mags wheels

Yeah I don't really want to lower my car because I use it for work and I already hit the front bumper enough.

And Im looking more towards the look department at this moment, but definitly looking at rims. Just gotta look for the right ones

P.S I want to get a TRD Air Filter but will it void warrenty (sorry I know there is another Thread on this)?

Edited by The Hammer

Lowering is a big part of looks :toast: Just be a little more careful when driving to avoid scraping.

Replacing the air filter with a TRD item in your stock airbox will not void your warrenty, you're not altering any parts, just the filter element.

What sort of Sport muffler did you fit?

check your state to see whether aftermarket lambo doors are legal. apparently in nsw they arent.

also.. IMHO... i woudlnt put that hammer logo on the car.

the logo and text would make your car look like its for a business or something. it honestly looks like a really bad tattoo... either way it aint stylish.

i dont mean to rag on your hammer pic, but you dont really need the HAMMER lettering to know the image has a hammer.

if anything... get HAMMER as text in a really racer type font with some racing stripes and vinyl it across the side of the car.. but leave the image out.

Heres something rough i made up:

HAMMER.jpg

check out how other cars use vinyl... or how racing stripes are normally put on cars. look up chip foose's stuff.. he does awesome work. when it comes to car design.. colours and racing stripes. dont just look at other corollas.. look at all types of cars!

Edited by JJCRU23R

Yeah that pic looks sweet :D Yeah I don't know what I was thinking lol, I always get stupid ideas but realise at first, like the other day I almost ordered Personalised Number Plates with 69 THS?? Then like an hour later I was Like WTF? So yeah my apologies for the Hammer logo thing above, but JJCRU23R I like that pic (save as :D)

Edited by The Hammer

check your state to see whether aftermarket lambo doors are legal. apparently in nsw they arent.

also.. IMHO... i woudlnt put that hammer logo on the car.

the logo and text would make your car look like its for a business or something. it honestly looks like a really bad tattoo... either way it aint stylish.

i dont mean to rag on your hammer pic, but you dont really need the HAMMER lettering to know the image has a hammer.

if anything... get HAMMER as text in a really racer type font with some racing stripes and vinyl it across the side of the car.. but leave the image out.

Heres something rough i made up:

HAMMER.jpg

check out how other cars use vinyl... or how racing stripes are normally put on cars. look up chip foose's stuff.. he does awesome work. when it comes to car design.. colours and racing stripes. dont just look at other corollas.. look at all types of cars!

Have my babies Jase, that's gold

Are you a fan of MC Hammer or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Likewise Brandon

My Sports muffler was just changed at the resonator at the back, all I wanted was an exhaust just that little bit louder and a little more in cabin vibration (only notice vibrations when it hits 4000rpms, no vibrations before that) so I could feel it more. I get some pics today of it for yas

Yeah I'm called the Hammer because I broke a kids knuckle on my face lol, no joke he punched me and a day later he had to go to surgery or something to get it fixed and he had a cast on his wrist for 3 weeks LOL

Hi all

New to the club and thank you for having me (apolgise in adavance new to the whole forum thing - just wanting to talk with lik minded corolla owners)

Recently new owner of 2003 ZZE123R Sportivo and am looking for some other owners in Bris who can help with some good mods.

Also interested in regular meetings or cruises to get some good ideas

thanks

Hmmm...

I'm more into the practical side of modifications.

IMHO, there's nothing more important than the handling of the car. Therefore I would start with sports suspension set like Koni / Eibech / TRD etc. and a slight low-down.

I would also put a max 17" wheels on to stablelise the ride. Anything bigger would look too "try hard" for me. It's kindda unpractical too, considering the higher fuel consumption they bring and high cost of tyres.

Next step would be the intake and exhaust. Again, considering the fuel price nowadays, I wouldn't fiddle too much with the engine. Just remember, the more horsepower you gain from the mod, the more it drains money outta your wallet. I would just get a CAI and exhuast system changed to ensure the stock engine would perform at its best.

Lastly, with all the exterior "cool" mods... I'm kindda over that age. I wouldn't want my car to look too rice or too yank. That means no vinyl or fancy paint job, no fake badging, no altezza-style brake lights, no neon strobe lights, no jumbo sized muffler. In fact, I'd like to remove all the unneccessary factory badges and make it a "clean" car...

The only "Cool" mod I'd do is change the head unit and speakers. If there are enough space in the boot, perhaps I'll throw a woofer and amp in, but my golf clubs are always more previleged in my boot.

This is just me. But I recommend saving those 400 bucks for a set of sports suspension....

Edited by HOLE IN ONE