sportivo vs commodore

Guest delete

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my understanding is toyota lied bout the true 0-100 time because they worry that celica owners would not be happy to be equal to a family hatch, but i cant think why holden would lie bout their 0-100

i know why :D to make the time look better, so that people think the car is faster!

You would be suprised about some of the cars a sportivo can beat.

I've seen VX-VY S packs which have like over 150kw get smashed? not sure on power to weight ratio. Also VT SS's and similar commodores

at the same time, i was suprised how far i was behind... from the hsv statesment and fairlady*not z350*, those two were draging... and i was try to catch up abit and see how it went... but i was pretty far behind

and once got picked on by a v6 turbo FPV~ and @.@~ 2 car length behind after right after i got onto my 3rd gear

and of coz, i've had my fun times leaving a non turbo, non modded gts r33 behind, and dusting alot of 2-2.4L sedan hatchbacks~ 2 car lenght infront an EG6 abit after changing into the 2nd gear~

:D and i left behind an Audi A3 Turbo... haha i looked at the driver's face after we dragged~~~~ he seemed pretty ******~

LIFT! YO!!! 141kws @ 7,200rpm! some real bumpy stuff~

Edited by Taijee

This sounds completly false.....I used to own a VS berlina and honestly I don't ever see a corrolla pulling away much from a VS maybe the first 100-200m but then its over unless the guy driving the VS is either a crappy driver or too chicken to go balls to the wall.

The VS I had was supercharged but even the ones I've driven stock standard they are powerful for a "family " car but they can't handle for crap.

they are pretty torquey, but i really dont know how it goes on a straight with the v6, coz i've only laid my hands on an auto that was owned by my friend

Believe it or not, torque is what you feel when your car is accelerating.....

My dads auto CRV feels faster then the sportivo....lol

If your talking about the efficiency of engines in terms of BMP then I can tell you that the S2000 is pretty much first, and believe it or not the 2zzge is around 3rd....just a bit infront of the M3 engine.

Sometimes I wonder, why don't they make a 3L V6 with variable 'lift'. I know that the NSX is one of them, but I'm pretty sure they could produce more then the so called 206kw restriction.

The sportivo does not feel fast at all because of the fact that it doesn't possess alot of torque, but before you know it your well past speed limit. I still find it frightening that once your in lift, the car pulls so much harder, exspecially once you get to 100km/h +

:D i so agree... love the LIFT! it feels like a turbo boost to me hahaha... except in a more natural and controllable way...

yea... so pitty... the gentlement agreement in jap~ 206kws, 280ps... but those cars are actually stock 400ps with a simple changes with the ECU~

I think they got the new Type R to pull a staggering 7.7s 0-100 time with a 1/4 mile time of about high 15's if I remember correctly. While Honda say a 6.6s sprint to 100kph.

its a bit hard to believe the new civic r can do 6.6

the old typr r(integra) is a fater car, the new civic typre r is just for looks....

you guys seen the JDM civic type r? those ones aint no pussy... so much differ to the UK version~

Who says straight line doesn't prove anything, launching (in this case 1-2 lift as well) is very important when it comes to the 1/4 mile drag.....what it doesn't prove is your skills on the circuit.

launching ok yes thats true... but gear shifting? dam its gonna be the next olympic sport the way people on here go on about it!!! its really not that hard to change gears, i dont see why people go on and on like it is the b all and end all of racing.

i see where they are comming from... it really makes a different how precise the gear was changed... a 6 speed auto with the same gear ratio as a 6 speed manual on the same car, the auto will win for 90%of the time... the 10% are the actual pros who can shift better... try giving abit of a wheel spin from 1st to 2nd gear, and shift tipping 8,200rpm, nothing earlier... it's not as easy as it seems... everyone know how to change gears, same as everyone knows how to drive... knowing is different from being good at it...

for say, two drivers that can do the same time on the circuit, the one who launch better would have a way higher chance of winning~ it's not a matter of if it's all about shifting or not, but its just something that we could refine, along with cornering techniques to get a better time~

People will seriously never believe some of the cars that will go down to a sportivo..

although, those big monster ford FPV's, don't even try lol..

I once had a go against GT just to see, it went like this, launch, only to just hit lift in first gear and mr GT was about 3-4 car lengths in front of me...lol munched.

I mean, isn't a sportivo the fastest NA car a p plater can legally drive or something?

meh i dunno

sportivo will smash vs commodores and such, they take off ahead till you hit lift then u just reel them in and overtake no worries

rolling start is similar, especially if u start the rolling start at a speed where u can be in lift or right near lift.

when i had my sportivo i had a good few runs with a vr senator, 215kw 6speed. he had me on the launch every time would be about 2 car lengths ahead and we would just keep that same distance apart.

having owned a xr6 turbo also i would say the sportivo wouldn't stand much of a chance. worst thing about the sportivos is when u get some weight in them, just not enough torque, they really die in the *****

People will seriously never believe some of the cars that will go down to a sportivo..

although, those big monster ford FPV's, don't even try lol..

I once had a go against GT just to see, it went like this, launch, only to just hit lift in first gear and mr GT was about 3-4 car lengths in front of me...lol munched.

I mean, isn't a sportivo the fastest NA car a p plater can legally drive or something?

meh i dunno

I am pretty sure a s2000 still falls into p-plater regulations