Hole between 1st and 2nd in Sportivo

Sorry to revive an old topic, but i just need to know cos my friend is arguing that by maintaining lift from 1->2 on a stock sportivo requires slipping the clutch which is less efficient.

However, i said that you dont need to slip the clutch (but we cant prove this cos we don't know anyone who has a stock sportivo)

So to set things straight, how do you maintain lift from 1->2 (on a stock sportivo)? - do you keep the revs up? and if so is it more efficient/faster?

btw, theres a $100 riding on this bet lol.

If you slip the clutch you're losing ground doing that technically aren't you? I wouldn't bother.

I've only managed to land on 6,000rpm in some freakish circumstances (sometimes on a decline down a hill). Always keep the revs up if you wish to stay in the powerband also.

It's not possible on paper though as stated before, but different conditions or mods will allow you to do it.

In a way, your friend wins the bet as you would be able to land lift by slipping the clutch, but... I mean, slipping the clutch is just ghey. Just shift and slam yO :P

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper you wouldn't be able to land in lift because the gear ratios between 1st and 2nd are just abit outta touch with each other on the stock cpu.

So in a way I guess you have to cough up the $100...

But you can argue that you don't slip the clutch and just flat shift into 2nd :spiteful: 100% that you'll be in lift!!

On paper you wouldn't be able to land in lift because the gear ratios between 1st and 2nd are just abit outta touch with each other on the stock cpu.

So in a way I guess you have to cough up the $100...

But you can argue that you don't slip the clutch and just flat shift into 2nd :spiteful: 100% that you'll be in lift!!

Aww i oh well live and learn, lol

But by flat shifting you can stay in lift in a stock sportivo from 1->2?(just to get my head around things flat shifting is basically when you keep your foot on the accelerator while shifting gears right?) Would this produce a faster 1/4 time (i know its bad for the clutch but don't worry about that i'm not doing it :P)

Wouldn't flat shifting cause the clutch to slip anyway? (lets say its a brand new stock stivo)

Sorry if im nub lol, i'm just a very inquisitive person :P (ive googled endless amount of pages on how the clutch/manual transmission works)

Cheers

It definitely faster if you flat shift, but I don't recommend it at all. I have done it once just to find out how much faster it would be and you would be amazed at the difference. Now I've learnt to keep the revs up slightly so that it will engage in lift once into second.

Well if you ride your clutch and let it slip that way then you'll heat up the clutch and it won't grip as well.

But flat shifting will strain your engine/drivetrain because of the shock that it receives.