CES exhaust

Hi Guys,

I have been talking to CES exhaust in Qld looking for cat back.

They claim that the cat back system is not much louder than our stock system.

Is it true, can anyone who has installed let me know, cos I asked for a cutom silencer and the guy said there is no need.

Hi Guys,

I have been talking to CES exhaust in Qld looking for cat back.

They claim that the cat back system is not much louder than our stock system.

Is it true, can anyone who has installed let me know, cos I asked for a cutom silencer and the guy said there is no need.

Yep its all true, the exhaust passes the required noise tests as well.

Its not too loud.

I got mine installed jst a month ago and i love it :clap:

Jst waiting to get my headers to be put in now.

Also frm CES.

Speaking of CES, how come they have been removed frm the traders section? :huh:

yeah from all the info i heard about the CES exhaust it sounds great. im so convinced its the best. so convinced its the best that to who ever says its **** i disagree and i havent got a CES exhaust yet. and how loud is it roughly. i mean like DB ratings. anyone tested it yet?

i got mine tested at 90dB

my friend got his tested at 89dB

the marginal difference is due to me opting for a different styled tip on the muffler

so the exhaust noise level ranges from 88 to 92dB depending on style of tips etc

definitely below legal thats for sure

Its not too loud.

I got mine installed jst a month ago and i love it :clap:

Jst waiting to get my headers to be put in now.

Also frm CES.

Speaking of CES, how come they have been removed frm the traders section? :huh:

End of subscription. Hopefully they'll resign.

CES is a very reputable shop, the name got dragged through some mud here previously but don’t let that bother you. I got a CES CAI, and although it cost me all up about $500 I have never regretted it at all. The quality of the product and its performance was very high, I think it performs better then the other CAI on the market.

I go around roundabouts in third gear and its pulls away nicely, with the stock intake I need to be in 2nd gear, that shows how much of a difference it makes just with the intake alone. A nice on road comparison for people to judge.

i have a CES exhaust as well, and a requirement for the hillclimb is that the car cannot be louder than 87db from 30m. The test happens while u are racing and i went past it in lift and didn't set it off. And i definately wasn't the loudest there. I did here it go off once though, but that was an open jaguar v12 with cannons.

Guys

how does it compared with jap systems with silencer?

My frd used to have a tanabe system on his DC2 long time ago with a silencer.

The exhaust sound onlytiny marginal louder than stock when the silencer is fitted.

I know different ppl have different requirement, but I really want something sound stock when the rpm range is low. Cos my gf doesnt like noisy sound.

I also will be painted the muffler charcoal so ppl dont know the mod.

Guys

how does it compared with jap systems with silencer?

My frd used to have a tanabe system on his DC2 long time ago with a silencer.

The exhaust sound onlytiny marginal louder than stock when the silencer is fitted.

I know different ppl have different requirement, but I really want something sound stock when the rpm range is low. Cos my gf doesnt like noisy sound.

I also will be painted the muffler charcoal so ppl dont know the mod.

For some reason I hear the faint sound of whips... don't know why, but yep, I am definitely hearing whips cracking.

That is all.

Dude i have just read about 6 or so people telling you it isn't loud but you still ask the same question??? The system is not loud as it passes the noise levels set by RTA/transport dept. the difference between it and a stock system is that you can just hear the exhaust note when you put your foot down. It isn't loud nor drony or annoying for that matter. I had one on my car for 3 odd years before I sold it and that car was my wife's daily driver to and from work in peak hour traffic. she never complained about about it being noisy or annoying her.

If your girlfriend is that paranoid about your car making noise then buy her some earplugs/ride a push bike or don't mod your car.... :unsure:

Then again you could always just do it and buy her some harden up pills :whistling:

Dude i have just read about 6 or so people telling you it isn't loud but you still ask the same question??? The system is not loud as it passes the noise levels set by RTA/transport dept. the difference between it and a stock system is that you can just hear the exhaust note when you put your foot down. It isn't loud nor drony or annoying for that matter. I had one on my car for 3 odd years before I sold it and that car was my wife's daily driver to and from work in peak hour traffic. she never complained about about it being noisy or annoying her.

If your girlfriend is that paranoid about your car making noise then buy her some earplugs/ride a push bike or don't mod your car.... :unsure:

Then again you could always just do it and buy her some harden up pills :whistling:

hmmm, good point.

If CES can do a removable silencer it will be good, so on weekends i can always remove it.

Does anyone in Melb have a CES installed. I would want to meet up and listen to it.

IT DOESN'T NEED A SILENCER!!!!

this is not some fart cannon muffler we are talking about, it has a good sound that in all the time I had it on my car I never once heard a complaint. In that time I had my g/f, my mother, my father, my brothers and even my grand mother in the car and not one of them commented on the noise... :rolleyes:

now... stop making assumptions based on some Japanese Rice exhaust and listen to those with experience in the question you are actually asking...

IT DOESN'T NEED A SILENCER!!!!

this is not some fart cannon muffler we are talking about, it has a good sound that in all the time I had it on my car I never once heard a complaint. In that time I had my g/f, my mother, my father, my brothers and even my grand mother in the car and not one of them commented on the noise... :rolleyes:

now... stop making assumptions based on some Japanese Rice exhaust and listen to those with experience in the question you are actually asking...

:toast::toast: No arguments here....

My Wife is pickier than SILVABULLIT's and she has never complained once about the noise. I did a trip recently to the Gold COast with her and her mother in the car and she never mentioned the noise either.

I have now done 2 trips from Brisbane to Sydney in a Sportivo with a CES (Mine once and SILVABULLIT's once) and at no time on either trip did I have any problems with noise.

For the money you pay, you are getting a system that is designed to provide a better performance, not a louder sound like the milo tins from rice-o-barn....

I had mine idling in Sydney the other day for Sinan and gave it a few squirts and even under the awnings of the shops, it wasn't too bad....

yep heard azza's car with the CES exhaust. in the middle of the shopping centres with brick walls every were and were you would expect it to be loud, i was SHOCKEEDDDDD big time. i could not believe how quite it was. even while revving. i have just my stock exhaust and a aftermarket sports muffler and it is way louder then what the CES system is. so i think this topic should end rite here. thanks for that lil show azza with the red rocket.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE. :whistling: