Found this on eBay

I think these are good for the 4agze engines that i believe came in the Toyota GTZ's. E58 i think the gear boxes are.

Hmmm i didn't realise the 1zz's came with a C56 gearbox. does this mean that these gearboxes from the 1zz would be able to bolt up to a 4age 20v engine and the C60 in the 2zzges would be able to bolt up to the 4age20v as well. This would be interesting if this was the case.

That's not the case.

The 1ZZ comes with a C52.

If you want to use a C series box from a ZZ engine on a 4A, then you have to rebuild the box into the appropriate bellhousing that matches the engine.

Eg, to use a 2ZZ C60 on a 20V, you need to grab a 4A C52, C56 or C160 bellhousing and rebuild the box into that bellhousing.

The 2ZZ 6-speed and 1ZZ 5 speed are directly interchangable though.

That's not the case.

If you want to use a C series box from a ZZ engine on a 4A, then you have to rebuild the box into the appropriate bellhousing that matches the engine.

Eg, to use a 2ZZ C60 on a 20V, you need to grab a 4A C52, C56 or C160 bellhousing and rebuild the box into that bellhousing.

that peice of info is very interesting. so my theory is that with a 1ZZ 5 speed box on a 2ZZ would give you better quater mile times due to the fact that the gears are longer. i could be wrong though. just a theory.

That's not the case.

that peice of info is very interesting. so my theory is that with a 1ZZ 5 speed box on a 2ZZ would give you better quater mile times due to the fact that the gears are longer. i could be wrong though. just a theory.

Actually the 1ZZ 5 spd gearbox is lower geared than the 2ZZ 6 Spd. This means that engine rpm @ a given road speed will be higher.