K & N VS Injen Ram Pod Filter Kit

Blacktivo

Hi Guys, Im in the process in purchasing a new airfilter for my car.

After having the flat panel TRD one i decided that the price for it 110-150 is not a cheap option anymore so decided to check out

The Injen SRI for the 2.4L Camry 2002-2004 model and also the K & N 69 Series Typhoon Kits which Autoban quoted me about $600

I have found a USA dealer selling these for 350 shipped to NSW Australia and really leaning towards these.

Website: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-8609TTK

Guranteed 6.4HP which i think is alright.

Does any1 have these kinda of filters?

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Since no one has any opinions or comments bout these, just gonna give you guys a headsup. :spiteful:

Well I have emailed K&N Head office in the US and advise if i am able tp purchase this kit (K & N 69 Series Typhoon Kits).

After liasing with the International Account Manager she advise me that I could use my car as a donor for the Aussie Spec Camry's (Free Shipping and K & N 69 Series Typhoon Kits if it does fit) :yahoo:

By the way my Camry is an 04' Model Sportivo 2.4L Automatic.

She sent me the package/kit and altho it is not a straight fit i managed to do some minor modifications to fit this kit.

Once all done, started up the engine and went for a run. Sounds amazing idle, sounds amazing when driving!

Here are some pics.

post-515-1196473890_thumb.jpg

post-515-1196473944_thumb.jpg

Built for performance and show, the Typhoon® Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Each kit is proven on a rear-wheel dynamometer to increase horsepower and torque. Typhoon intakes come in one of three designs; cold air intakes (CA), short ram intakes (SR), or complete cold air (CCA) intakes which can be configured as either a cold air intake or a short ram intake. Available in an assortment of powder coated colors and polished aluminum, these kits are sure to please in every way. They come with an oversized High-Flow conical air filter designed to provide increased surface area and dust capacity. This extra surface area provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard K&N O/E replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversize air filter also captures more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles).

Designed for increased performance for your sport compacts, utilizing the finest quality components

Guaranteed to Provide more horsepower and increased acceleration

Available in high-quality finishes

Includes K&N High-Flow, Washable/Reusable Air Filter

Some applications available in cold-air versions

Easy to Install

Million Mile Limited Warranty

69_8609.pdf

OUCH $600?? :blink: <_<

WELL I bet MY CAI is giving me 10hp more :lol: :P <_< :blink: (serious! $600 for an intake is just a rip off!)

2062019_115.jpg

If i were you i'd stick with the stock filter. With Pod filters, you need to clean the O2 Sensor regularly.

Yeah ya right 600 bucks as IF!!!

stock filter? how comes? when i got the intake for free from K&N Head office?

• 1 year later...
OUCH $600?? :blink: <_<

WELL I bet MY CAI is giving me 10hp more :lol: :P <_< :blink: (serious! $600 for an intake is just a rip off!)

2062019_115.jpg

If i were you i'd stick with the stock filter. With Pod filters, you need to clean the O2 Sensor regularly.

Yeah ya right 600 bucks as IF!!!

stock filter? how comes? when i got the intake for free from K&N Head office?

Blacktivo, please update us mate...

Is the K&N kit still on the vehicle, have you noticed any worthwhile gains? Fuel saving etc?

I am suprised that no one is really interested in these basic power ups?!

Blacktivo, please update us mate...

Is the K&N kit still on the vehicle, have you noticed any worthwhile gains? Fuel saving etc?

I am suprised that no one is really interested in these basic power ups?!

the main problem wtih SRI's is the potential heat soak if you dont efficiently channel fresh air to the filter properly. for an everyday driver, i think it is slightly impractial. i'd love an sri for the intake sound and deeper engine note, but im often in peak hour traffic = limited air flow thus leading to a heat soaked engine.

the intake for my v6 isnt too bad anyway, i've made a mini cai system with the stock setup. i've removed the lower resonator and used some reinforced silicone pipes behind the fog lights, with a drop in k&n panel filter. still sounds sexy

but for $600 its not the best bang for your buck all things considered. pay $300ish more and you can get yourself much bigger hands with a port and polish.

600 bucks?? Wow... it'd wanna be helping a bit more than 2-3kw gain. The best bet would be the engine sound :)

Custom setups are normally better, and much cheaper. K&N are a great brand... I use a panel filter of theirs and a custom made intake pipe (flex tube with the resonator removed, similar to Lateralus)... sound is much better, but nothing noticeable in gains anyway.

• 11 months later...
Hey,

Since no one has any opinions or comments bout these, just gonna give you guys a headsup. :spiteful:

Well I have emailed K&N Head office in the US and advise if i am able tp purchase this kit (K & N 69 Series Typhoon Kits).

After liasing with the International Account Manager she advise me that I could use my car as a donor for the Aussie Spec Camry's (Free Shipping and K & N 69 Series Typhoon Kits if it does fit) :yahoo:

She sent me the package/kit and altho it is not a straight fit i managed to do some minor modifications to fit this kit.

Once all done, started up the engine and went for a run. Sounds amazing idle, sounds amazing when driving!

Here are some pics.

What were the modifications did you have to do and was it hard ?

Hey,

Here are some pics.

What were the modifications did you have to do and was it hard ?

Does anyone else have this kit or knows about it and can tell me what modifactions do you have to do to fit it and are they hard to do?

If you buy the kit it doesn't look very difficult to install.

From what I can see it's simply a case of pull off the tubes then reclamp them on. The airbox is bolted to the chassis and that takes a simple wrench to get off. I'm assuming the heatshield bolts into where the airbox used to be (via the original holes I would hope) and that's that.

For $600 you could easily get someone else to custom make you a CAI or SRI setup for less.